Donald Trump and US politics

I'll forward your message to the Dems.

(ps: you watch way WAY too much Fake Fox News)
Actually, I watch zero FOX News.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Lastly, regarding the Billy Bush tape, your interpretation of violating consent is not a generous reading of "they let you do it, you can do anything." I can see how you might think he is dogwhistling to mean "they let you get away with sexual assault," but you simply MUST acknowledge that such is not the explicit interpretation of the words

The correct interpretation is that there are plenty of women (and men), who will make themselves available for sex when someone is a celebrity. The degree varies with the amount of fame the celebrity has, and how much the person offering themselves likes/adores that celebrity. Some of them will do far more than offer, which is when bodyguards become a good idea. While there are those that hang around where they expect someone famous to be and hope to have sex with them, the flip side is that some celebrities assume everyone is of that mindset, and expect it.

As you stated, If Trump had said, "they let you get away with it", it would be assault. "They let you do it" is something entirely different. Without getting explicit, a good analogy would be a model who lets a photographer take pictures of her and direct how the model poses. The model isn't actively taking pictures, but she is passively making herself available for the pictures.

Whether it makes sense is irrelevant. Women wanting their bodies autographed makes no sense either, but is part of the very same mindset.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
the courage of other girls talking about it made her come to you with no other evidence than her word.

This part can and does happen. Among other reasons I've seen for why this happens, two seem to stand out. The first is that the victim doesn't think anyone would believe her word against the other person, especially if they have a strong reputation or fame. The second is that when the accuser's crime is talked about, it reopens the victim's own emotional wound. This can make her angry, distraught and can make her want to make sure the attacker doesn't keep doing this to someone else.

That there are others who will see a trend happening and jump on with false accusations can sometimes happen too. I don't know what goes through their minds, but it isn't always about money.

We need a better way of determining who is telling the truth. Well, we will have that way in 20 years or less, but I'm not sure people will be happy about it once that technology is in wide spread use.

As for the key part of your post -

"
Who would you believe? That guy, or your daughter?

Usually, I am going to believe the accuser. If I don't know either of them, I'm going to usually still give the accuser a strong benefit of the doubt. If things are somewhat off, I am going to question both sides. If things are off and the accuser has a strong motive for wanting to harm the accused, I'm going to give the accused the benefit of the doubt.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
-idiot
+racist
FTFY

Although TBH it has a Clinton supporter go 4 panels without mentioning Trump so it's not very realistic.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 19, 2017, 1:48:39 AM
So here's an article that demonstrates my earlier points about reverse racism and other forms of reverse bigotry.

How, if You’re a Man, to Deal With the Fact That You’re Probably Trash
"
We [men] are all complicit [in the recent sex scandals]. We are all agents of patriarchy, and we’ve all benefited from it. We are all active contributors to rape culture. All of us. No one is exempt. We all have investments in and take deposits out of the same bank. And we all need to accept and reconcile ourselves with the fact that, generally speaking, we are trash.
So this man is saying men are without value due to our sinful natures, and without agency to redeem ourselves of such sin. But why?
"
[R]eality punching you in the chest... [is] the natural and unsurprising result of a culture—of a world—that devalues women. And considers them disposable. And treats them as if agency is nonexistent.
See, the author won't allow men value and agency because he sees a world where women are not allowed value and agency. He's fundamentally no different from the MGTOW misogynist who won't allow women value and agency because he sees a world where men are not allowed value and agency. And with what synergy both positions feed each other!

There are two radically different philosophies competing for control of Western civilization: liberalism, that values all individuals and considers the agency of everyone; and totalitarianism, which values no one and denies the agency of everyone. But totalitarians know you won't help them in their efforts to deny the value and agency of your neighbors unless they can convince you that it is your neighbor who has tarnished your value and overridden your agency. They need you to believe you've already lost and the best you can do is take your so-called enemy down with you.

Writers like Mr. Young aren't fighting against the culture that makes the recent sexual abuse scandals possible — kinda hard to do that while denying male agency. They're pushing us toward a world where we're all shitty to each other and powerless to stop it. He is advocating a world where we're all as guilty and as worthless as Harvey Weinstein. Just accept and reconcile already to the fact that you are, and everyone is, trash.

I don't know if it can be any more obvious than it is here.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 19, 2017, 3:59:05 PM
That's the guy who writes articles like "The Most Useless Types of White People" and "We Need a Reset Button or Something for White People" or "Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People".

He's either a troll or a racist piece of shit. You choose.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
He's either a troll or a racist piece of shit. You choose.
This thread has been closed as the topic of conversation has moved away from the original topic, and has resulted in hundreds of comments that breach the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct.

While players are welcome to discuss US politics in the Off Topic forum, the discussion must abide by our Code of Conduct. Any comments in future threads about this topic that breach the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use will be removed, and appropriate moderation action taken against the poster.

If you have any concerns about this matter, please feel free to contact me directly at rachel@grindinggear.com
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info