Donald Trump and US politics

"
Jennik wrote:
Remember when Obama was psychotic and wouldn't stop raving about Romney a year into his presidency? No, I guess you don't. Weird. Maybe that's because he was competent and sane. The cult built around this doddering old asshole is sad.

Spoiler
First, a disclaimer: [Removed by Support]. So let’s just not do that shit this time, okay? When I post, I try to free myself of bias, don’t always succeed, but certainly do not suffer from the bias you immediately accuse everybody of.

To be fair, I also don’t recall Romney going on a book tour just to pour salt into old wounds. Not disagreeing with you, Trump is doing the same with this tweet, but I do think this has more to do with having the two worst candidates in American history, neither of which can leave well enough alone.

I didn’t like Obama very much, but to his credit, when he took office neither he, nor McCain, nor Bush said anything to undermine the public image of the office. There was then, and all the time before, something sacred about allowing the American people to move on. I blame both Trump and Clinton for breaking this covenant, and hope we can return to tradition in 2020.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by Rachel on Nov 19, 2017, 6:43:52 PM
I blame only Trump. If it were anyone other than he, it wouldn't have been as pungent.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
My point is that, if there was ever the father in a situation like that, I wouldn't consider it my role to judge. My role would be to support and comfort and advocate. It would be someone else's role to judge, and I'd accept that. But I wouldn't ever say "I don't think it happened," because I wouldn't ever think it didn't happen. That type of thinking isn't the father's job.

At least people can admit they can be biased and partial. It is appropriate to say that also apply to politics.
The Reporter, why do you think she won't run again? She is surely posturing for it and managing to stay in the news. Even without Trump raving about her she gives interviews more than any other dem. She is making all the noises that folks do when they are planning on running.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
The Reporter, why do you think she won't run again? She is surely posturing for it and managing to stay in the news. Even without Trump raving about her she gives interviews more than any other dem. She is making all the noises that folks do when they are planning on running.

She can run but not likely. Presidential election is the greatest waste of time, money and energy if you lose.
"
I blame only Trump. If it were anyone other than he, it wouldn't have been as pungent.

They both did it. Not to each other, to us.

And I know you’re prone to saying “she’s not president,” but they both created this environment.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
kolyaboo wrote:

The only "news" she's staying in is Fox News. If it weren't for them with all of the TRULY fake Hillary conspiracy stuff, she'd have faded long ago. Look at any other REAL news network. There's little talk of Hillary.

She won't run, because by then, another will emerge with a better chance. Recent elections have been an eye opener for the Dems. They will begin to oust some of the odd-balls, redefine their party and band together. Hillary knows that for her party and country to be successful, means she must sit out.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"

And I know you’re prone to saying “she’s not president,” but they both created this environment.

Trump started it. He's such a maniac that anyone running against him would have been drawn in. He's a cowardly bully. Nothing more.
"
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"

Trump started it. He's such a maniac that anyone running against him would have been drawn in. He's a cowardly bully. Nothing more.

Sure, but that’s hardly relevant at this point. She did it too.

Edit: This is my chief complaint about Trump, though. I’d mostly like or be indifferent towards him if he weren’t constantly so incendiary, but I’d hardly place blame solely on him.
Devolving Wilds
Land
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 18, 2017, 6:35:57 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Sure, but that’s hardly relevant at this point. She did it too.
If it were anyone other than Trump, she wouldn't have. And by anyone other than Trump, I mean anyone without his mental disorders, low intelligence and cowardice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info