[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
Scipion75 wrote:
Thanks for fast and clear answer.
I finally got a Shavronne and was wondering is chaos res is becoming useless or less important than other char properties ??

Chaos res isnt that important, is more like a nice stat to have, much like armor/eva, since it only gives defense to 1 type of dmg, as opposed to all which ES does. So, unless u get it somewhat free u dont wanna try and get chaos res (for example, presence of chayula gives free chaos resistance)
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
Scipion75 wrote:
Thanks for fast and clear answer.
I finally got a Shavronne and was wondering is chaos res is becoming useless or less important than other char properties ??

Chaos resistance isn't at all too important. However it's nice to get
. Although not necessary, it gives stun immunity, a good amount of es from the converted max life and provides 60% chaos res, effectively making one's chaos resistance non-negative in merciless. Granted the item can be a bit expensive.
Hi, i'm going to level a new witch to try this build out, but i heard leveling as a summoner is really weak. Can someone give me any advice on how to level this build until level ~69, when i can equip my endgame gear?
Last edited by 2L8 on Jan 17, 2017, 6:16:35 PM
"
2L8 wrote:
Hi, i'm going to level a new witch to try this build out, but i heard leveling as a summoner is really weak. Can someone give me any advice on how to level this build until level ~69, when i can equip my endgame gear?

Leveling as srs is op, just use a +1 fire gems wand until 24 and put srs in a reverb rod with melee splash and minion damage. You can later swap out melee splash with multistrike for boss fights but i didn't feel like it was needed. You can also use a couple zombies as meatshields.
Last edited by bobrosney on Jan 18, 2017, 7:28:36 AM
Thanks for answer, what chaos resist should I aim for when trying Chayula breachlord (with Shav's)? will non-quality lvl 19 spectres/zombies/AW sufficient for clearing lvl 80 map on 5L?

EDIT: I am also split over this great build and leary's one. I like Severed in Sleep unique, but seems I am getting less damage with it than with this build + Fire-eaters, Anger on generosity, EE. I don't have lvl 21 chaos dmg though (got 20/23 for now), and prefer using Fire-eaters (I like their quick damage appliance in close range and not distracting effect compared to for example Sentinels). So is Anger + EE must even with Severed in Sleep unique? I am running out of slots :).
Last edited by ixxxo on Jan 18, 2017, 7:47:47 AM
"
ixxxo wrote:
Thanks for answer, what chaos resist should I aim for when trying Chayula breachlord (with Shav's)? will non-quality lvl 19 spectres/zombies/AW sufficient for clearing lvl 80 map on 5L?

EDIT: I am also split over this great build and leary's one. I like Severed in Sleep unique, but seems I am getting less damage with it than with this build + Fire-eaters, Anger on generosity, EE. I don't have lvl 21 chaos dmg though (got 20/23 for now), and prefer using Fire-eaters (I like their quick damage appliance in close range and not distracting effect compared to for example Sentinels). So is Anger + EE must even with Severed in Sleep unique? I am running out of slots :).

If ur getting less dmg with the poison build than this, thats probably a matter of your setup, as ive noticed both are very close to eachother, tho im melting shaper/uber faster afaik (granted, the poison build scales waaaay more with good jewels/gem sources over the elemental build, because of the double dip), but either setup is fine.
"
ixxxo wrote:

If ur getting less dmg with the poison build than this, thats probably a matter of your setup, as ive noticed both are very close to eachother, tho im melting shaper/uber faster afaik (granted, the poison build scales waaaay more with good jewels/gem sources over the elemental build, because of the double dip), but either setup is fine. (I have 7 jewel sources of minion damage, and use minion damage, void manip and slower proj on the sentinels/fire-eaters to double dip besides all the normal modifiers + envy)

TL:DR dmg relies on the budget, elemental is slightly less budget/gem dependant, whereas poison/chaos is slightly stronger optimized
Last edited by leary93 on Jan 18, 2017, 9:43:45 AM
Hey, thanks for this beautiful guide, first time playing summoner and having so much fun!
I have a question though, regarding the Elemental Weakness Midnight Bargain.
Is Elemental Weakness on the wand really needed? How is significant? I can't find one with good minion damage rolls, neither one with the right linked sockets (as i don't have Vorici lvl 8 yet).
If i don't use the wand, i shouldn't take the curse wheel for the increased duration and the additional curse then.
How can i replace those points?

Sorry for errors/bad grammar! and thanks for your responses!

Hi there, thank you for this helpful guide, it brought me in to play summoner.

I have one question, how were you able to keep 6 auras up as well as anger, I found I was simply short of 7% mana reserve, I followed ur items and gem links, not sure where went wrong.

Thank you for your responses.
Hi there, I just noticed I used the wrong unique gem, however, even after swapping, I am still sitting at 101% mana reserve, please do explain.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info