[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

-
Last edited by wrajjt on Jan 9, 2017, 4:24:34 PM
Hi chief!

Can u consider the include of Rejuvenation Totem?
I mean, it counts as an aura( and heal even MORE than vitality as it seems im right?) It can be self cast , because is not that mana expensive as 35% of mana reserve as well....

Aside that i guess an animate guardian with Dying breath + Leer cast mask would greatly increase your clears AND single bosses, and you could swap it on the empower/ fortify spot on helm, because ZOmbies , GOlem and the guardian himself paired with Minion Life alone are enought to survive well. AND EVEN IF they they you can recast all of them with no prob at all.

Aside that tks for the great build man!

I´ll copy you hhahuauhauhauha
"Choose not to believe"
Awesome stuff. Fire-eater spectre dmg is legit lol.

Man I always suspected that if you already have the spectre raised it seems to force that spectre to appear in desecretable form. Seems like this confirms that suspicion.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
Tzimisces wrote:
Hi chief!

Can u consider the include of Rejuvenation Totem?
I mean, it counts as an aura( and heal even MORE than vitality as it seems im right?) It can be self cast , because is not that mana expensive as 35% of mana reserve as well....

Aside that i guess an animate guardian with Dying breath + Leer cast mask would greatly increase your clears AND single bosses, and you could swap it on the empower/ fortify spot on helm, because ZOmbies , GOlem and the guardian himself paired with Minion Life alone are enought to survive well. AND EVEN IF they they you can recast all of them with no prob at all.

Aside that tks for the great build man!

I´ll copy you hhahuauhauhauha

Tbh i did not know, that rejuv totem counts as an aura, but i do not know what to take out anyway. as mentioned you are incredibly socket starved with this build, you would have to take something different out. and even if i had a spare socket i would prefer using a level 1 clarity to get the bonus from the "Commander of Darkness" ascendancy. since I have no totem placement speed/totem life i imagine it to be very clunky to use and also very squishy. in addition it is stationary and you would have to recast it all the time, making it even more clunky and you yourself do not even get the life regen (because no zealot´s oath) and the minions simply do not need it.
It is not that i run out of possibillities or ideas to further improve the build, it is just that i have a limited amount of sockets, even with 2 unset rings.

about the animated guardian: i actually was using one and yes, the zombies, the golem and even the guardian were still tanky enough for most content, however "greatly increase clear and boss killing" is a bit... overpraised. i did not even notice it to be honest, since it is just 33% increased damage, which is just an additive bonus, no multiplier. what i found really annoying about the guardian was, that there are a few things that actually kill him, for example the bleed traps in the lab. i mean those pillars you only find in uberlab (and uber trials), that periodically inflict damage and a bleed. if the guardian gets hit by that 2 times he bleeds to death, because he runs around all the time. also in for example esh´s breach he tends to stay in those lightning orbs. if 3 or more of the orbs stack on each other (which happens a lot, escepecially in the boss fight against Esh) and the guardian will die to it unless you micromanage it out of the orbs. and i prefer micromanaging myself in the fights. and trust me, buying the items for it just sucks, if you want to buy an item for a chaos orb or even an alchemy orb better prepare yourself to message about 5 to 15 people before one reacts. do not ask me why people even list items for prices like that if they are not willing to leave their map to actually sell it, i do not know the answer to that and that is a different story anyway.

Tl;dr:
There is no place for a totem gem in my gear and using a guardian cost me way too much time to justify the really small damage bonus it provides
"
leary93 wrote:
Hii there, big chance you recognize me, but anyways, Im another creator of a shaper-killing summoner, good to see someone have a video down on it already!

Also, saw you found out something amazing about spectre summoner, truly thanks for that information, I didnt know that :D

Have my blessing my friend!

Build looks solid, and I can definetly recommend this as an alternative to anyone reading this.

Glad to hear that from an other summoner who know´s what he is doing. :)
yes, i recognize you, it was actually your video of doing uber atziri i showed a friend who did not believe me classic summoners are end game viable. :D
Hi, after reading your post I decided to try summoner build. I have about 20ex in breach, should be enough to fund it. Couple of question:
1. Will I be able to kill Uber Atziri with that investment? I'm not very experienced (didnt play for couple of years I think) and have 0 experience with summoners, but gear should help?
2. Doesn't it feel slow? I ran bow build in breach with 100 movement speed unbuffed, won't it be too painful you think (in regular mapping)?
3. Is this build forgiving to mistakes?
"
emaster wrote:
Hi, after reading your post I decided to try summoner build. I have about 20ex in breach, should be enough to fund it. Couple of question:
1. Will I be able to kill Uber Atziri with that investment? I'm not very experienced (didnt play for couple of years I think) and have 0 experience with summoners, but gear should help?
2. Doesn't it feel slow? I ran bow build in breach with 100 movement speed unbuffed, won't it be too painful you think (in regular mapping)?

1. i do not do a lot of atziri runs, because i do not enjoy the fight tbh. trash will be a joke, double vaal will be no problem at all, trio should be doable too (i successfully did a some vaal temple maps with this build) and atziri herself should be doable too, as long as you keep the fire-eaters from attacking the refelct atziri in the split phase. i have not tried this vs. uber atziri (yet) however, so i can not guarantee a success!

2. To me it doesn´t feel slow at all, but i should mention i never enjoyed playing vaal spark or clear speed wonders like that, i prefer alching high tier maps and doing them at a reasonable speed without dieing. if you want REALLY good clear speed i recommend you using vaal haste, you can cut vaal discipline for it, or the empower/fortify gem in the zombie setup as it is no must-have. additionally you can keep up flesh offering. all this with for example flame sentinels will grant VERY good clearspeed. if you also want your mistakes to be forgiven as mentioned in your third question, i recommend to remove empower gem for the vaal haste, as vaal discipline provides a lot of safety.

3. I think so, yes. even if you did not use your flasks in time and take a big hit, all you need to do is hit your vaal discipline, use your convocation and before the vaal discipline is over everything on screen will be dead. thanks to your high resists (81%+ without flasks) and high es pool (8-9k, potentionally even higher on a 20ex budget) there are not many things that can oneshot you. only things that do are buffed up core malachai slam and shaper slam (that you can even survive if you hit flasks before).
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 10, 2017, 5:17:37 PM
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
emaster wrote:

1. i do not do a lot of atziri runs, because i do not enjoy the fight tbh. trash will be a joke, double vaal will be no problem at all, trio should be doable too (i successfully did a some vaal temple maps with this build) and atziri herself should be doable too, as long as you keep the fire-eaters from attacking the refelct atziri in the split phase. i have not tried this vs. uber atziri (yet) however, so i can not guarantee a success!

I can comment on 1: Shaper (well, the 3rd phase) is a lot harder for a summoner than Uber, at least in my experience. In shaper some damage is just hard to have your minions avoid, while uber really has a significant rampup for her 2 dangerous spells. Just convocate right. Might require some practice tho.

Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Tks by the explanations man!
By the way, What do u think of using the bone helm( 40% damage) and + 2 minions like mine) with like 100 ES instead of the vertex? I mean u use the edge instead of midnight bargain, that alone is 1 spectres less AND even less damage, and this is ok enough to give up this much dam to gain more es?

What u consider a Good ES Pool to start facing guardians / shapper etc?
"Choose not to believe"
Out of curiosity why do you have 3x purities running instead of just one purity of elements and open up room for other auras like hatred?

Also, can confirm up-leveling specters by having them and opening a map from your hideout does work. You need them already summoned and it has to be you opening it, not someone elses map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info