[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
Tzimisces wrote:
Tks by the explanations man!
By the way, What do u think of using the bone helm( 40% damage) and + 2 minions like mine) with like 100 ES instead of the vertex? I mean u use the edge instead of midnight bargain, that alone is 1 spectres less AND even less damage, and this is ok enough to give up this much dam to gain more es?

What u consider a Good ES Pool to start facing guardians / shapper etc?

I can help with that question. Bone helmet is just flat out bad design, u cant enchant it, and 40% damage for all minions isnt worth losing a boatload of es AND a utility enchant over, considering you can just get the dmg from jewels anyways, together with %es. Really only things better than vertex start looking like 350+ ES helmets or some other unique stat (looking at you, essence of loathing).

Whoever designed the bone helmet definetly didnt take into consideration lategame enchants, thats what I can say!
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
HC viable this guide ?
"
SPORTLAND wrote:
HC viable this guide ?

No summoner is HC viable if u havent ever played one. If you have tho, I will say this build is one of the better ones around for HC.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Tks for reply man!

Can u guys take a look at my summoners and see where can i improve?

I got my shavrone 5 l on stand and i´ll try a LL version since i still have the rerol option.

I was thinking that bone helms with + 2 lvl minions was godly, and now i see how stupid i was being.

Also why so many necromancers get the Arcane Vision passive? It gives only light radius, why and how would this be better than 6% energy shield or flat 10% more minion life per example?
"Choose not to believe"
"
leary93 wrote:

I can help with that question. Bone helmet is just flat out bad design, u cant enchant it, and 40% damage for all minions isnt worth losing a boatload of es AND a utility enchant over, considering you can just get the dmg from jewels anyways, together with %es. Really only things better than vertex start looking like 350+ ES helmets or some other unique stat (looking at you, essence of loathing).

Whoever designed the bone helmet definetly didnt take into consideration lategame enchants, thats what I can say!

i could not have said it better.

"
leary93 wrote:
"
SPORTLAND wrote:
HC viable this guide ?

No summoner is HC viable if u havent ever played one. If you have tho, I will say this build is one of the better ones around for HC.

again, i agree on this, if you have never played a summoner, you will probably die a few times learning it. however, the meatshield, 8-9k es, stun immunity, vaal discipline and especially the high elemental resistances make this a very tanky build. in the past i tested around with rf characters, some with over 12k life, still this summoner build here feels more tanky than any rf character i played so far.
"
Tzimisces wrote:
Tks for reply man!

Can u guys take a look at my summoners and see where can i improve?

I got my shavrone 5 l on stand and i´ll try a LL version since i still have the rerol option.

I was thinking that bone helms with + 2 lvl minions was godly, and now i see how stupid i was being.

Also why so many necromancers get the Arcane Vision passive? It gives only light radius, why and how would this be better than 6% energy shield or flat 10% more minion life per example?

about arcane vision: you can easily test this, try reserving 80%+ of your life and go into an indoor map (like thicket, catacombs or lair for example) without having arcane vision. feels bad. for that one point you need to invest into arcane vision you get much more defence than any energy shield node could give you. being able to see projectiles so you can dodge them, or see monster packs so you do not blindly run into them grants much more defence than an other 50 ES.

"
mwip57 wrote:
Out of curiosity why do you have 3x purities running instead of just one purity of elements and open up room for other auras like hatred?

Also, can confirm up-leveling specters by having them and opening a map from your hideout does work. You need them already summoned and it has to be you opening it, not someone elses map.

hatred gives nothing to the spectres that deal pure fire damage whereas 3x purities is excellent for survivability for you and your pets
"
mwip57 wrote:
Out of curiosity why do you have 3x purities running instead of just one purity of elements and open up room for other auras like hatred?

Also, can confirm up-leveling specters by having them and opening a map from your hideout does work. You need them already summoned and it has to be you opening it, not someone elses map.

about the auras:

purity of elements gives way less resistances, which would make it much harder for you to cap your own resists, but the most important part is that the specific purities grant +4% max resist to their element, that you can scale by aura effectiveness, resulting in 6% max resist. so with lvl 20 purities you AND YOUR MINIONS have 81% all elemental resists. if you can get a lvl 21 purity and put it in the prism guardian or the pariah ring, which boosts it to lvl 23, u got an other 1% max resist.

you need to think ybout it like this:
usually you run around with 75% all resist, so you take 25% of the elemental damage. still that damage is threatening, noone will doubt that.
if you consider taking 25% of ele dmg as normal, having 80% all resist instead of 75% reduces the ele damage you take by 20% compared to before, which is huge.

the purity auras are also especially nice for minions, if you played a summoner in the past and think about what killed your minions (IF they got killed) it will be elemental damage,
Spoiler
or those friking bleed pillars in lab, dunno what´s wrong with those - "minions take 90% reduced damage from traps", is that thing not a trap?!
it is the purity auras that make my spectres able to sustain in the shaper fight. the beam attack or the vortexes on the ground - all cold damage. they can only leech against the shaper damage because they take so much less damage thanks to the purity of ice.

besides all that, what would be the alternative? vitality? pretty lackluster. hatred? only scales physical damage, but my spectres do only deal elemental damage. heralds do not affect minions, wrath only scales lightning damage, but i mostly use fire spectres.

about the 2nd part of your post, i am not 100% sure what your wquestion is tbh... if you ask me if i can confirm that the spectre trick is working, yes i can. if you follow the instructions "How to get map level spectres" in the guide, it will work.

Spoiler
EDIT:
Damn you leary and allana, you always type faster than me! :D or i just type too much i guess...
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 11, 2017, 2:16:42 PM
I'm wondering about the support gems you chose for your spectres, specicically

Minion Damage, Spell Echo, GMP, and Controlled Destruction, but the damage from Faster Projectiles seems lower than what you could get out of swapping for Elemental Focus support.

Additionally, I'm curious about your thoughts on including an Unending Hunger jewel to further boost Spectre clear speed and damage.
Faster projectile might seem like an odd choice but ever since I started using it for spectre I became a believer. It really helps increase your clear speed. Flame sentinels for example will shoot further and faster. The faster part really helps defensively since mob packs die before they can react and do anything. and if you raise high level spectre they have more than enough damage to kill packs quickly without an extra more multiplier.

As for unending hunger jewel I did a lot of testing with this last league. It has huge limitations. Spectre need to be fairly close to get the stacks and only 1 soul goes to 1 spectre at a time so having more than 1 spectre really thins out the buff. I found having 100% uptime with vaal haste is much more reliable and better.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info