[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

Did GGG do anything to the trick to summoning specific corpses with desecrate this latest patch? Spent 15 minutes in a tropical island trying to get higher level flame sentinels, no luck.

edit: scratch that, tried a white ramparts map, got them within a minute.
Last edited by wrajjt on Jan 11, 2017, 4:58:40 PM
Hey, great build! I've been running something really similar as a low life summoner (2 blasphemy auras: enfeeble+tempchains or flammability+projectile weakness for bosses with haste, anger, purity of elements, and discipline) but I like your setup better so I switched to it.

I have a quick question though. Did you test if this raise map spectre technique works with "increased monster variety" mod? I'm assuming it should work but I'm trying to get level 82 flame sentinels in the dark forest with this mod and it isn't working.

Last edited by LordofDiamonds on Jan 11, 2017, 6:25:26 PM
Awesome build, lots of useful info.

Dude, the spectre summoning trick. I definitely didn't believe it while I was reading, but wow I can't believe it works! This changes everything. I cannot thank you enough.

Really hope GGG doesn't take out this mechanic, this is a huge QOL improvement for spectre summoners.
Last edited by pushanka on Jan 11, 2017, 7:53:12 PM
"
wrajjt wrote:
Did GGG do anything to the trick to summoning specific corpses with desecrate this latest patch? Spent 15 minutes in a tropical island trying to get higher level flame sentinels, no luck.

This improvement was released with atlas.

It doesn't work like that,it will not work 100% of time.
If you already have a spectre, you will be able to desecrate it in a map where they can normally appear.

For example, you are playing flame sentinel, so you can desecrate them in pier, colonnade etc but never in jungle valley, atoll... ( don't know if they really don't appear in those maps, just to give you an idea of how it works).

This trick works in all T16 and shaper for all spectres.
"
"
wrajjt wrote:

If you already have a spectre, you will be able to desecrate it in a map where they can normally appear.

For example, you are playing flame sentinel, so you can desecrate them in pier, colonnade etc but never in jungle valley, atoll... ( don't know if they really don't appear in those maps, just to give you an idea of how it works).

Ah I see, that makes a lot more sense. You still need a map that may contain such monsters but it doesn't necessarily have to because of the spectre trick.
"
xxWolf wrote:

about the 2nd part of your post, i am not 100% sure what your wquestion is tbh... if you ask me if i can confirm that the spectre trick is working, yes i can. if you follow the instructions "How to get map level spectres" in the guide, it will work.

2nd part is not a question I am confirming for others we did get the specter summoning trick to work. It has to be on a map that the summoner creates it does not work in a party members map.
"
"
wrajjt wrote:

To be fair was able to desecrate cannibal flame-eaters in Dried Lake, and they never appear there.
Hey Wolf!

Back again. I just did shaper with blade vortex spectres instead of cannibal fire-eaters, and its an extremely clean kill. Have you tried sucha a setup out yet? If not, I would insist you'd try, u might get converted to the Demonic side *mwuahahahahah*

Get it? Demonic. Slashed miscreations. nvm, bad joke :P
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
First, great find with the spectre thing. Since it wasnt documented anywhever, I suppose it is a bug of some kind (hopefully not fixed).
I always tended to avoid spectre summoners, for the reason they couldnt survive some endgame bosses (had a few rips with tormented t13 shav and some other tormented). Also keeping minions alive is way harder than just keep yourself alive and cast srs from a safe spot.
I was thinking that golem builds would be a great mid layer, since you can cast the golems if they rip.
Did anyone compare the spectre vs golem summoners?
Thanks for the response!

This might be a question for the summoners in this thread in general rather than Wolf.

When running damage auras like Anger in a group of players, what's the best way to work with a player who is using Elemental Equilibrium? Anger causes all their attacks to apply Fire resistance, nerfing both their damage and my spectres.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info