[2.6] Atmotion's 100% fire 'Xogama' Cyclone - Fun, Easy, Cheap, Fast, Endgame Viable (No 5-6L req!)

What nodes are important levelling up? Which direction should I be going post 55?

What's efficient?

TY.
Last edited by TemptedNZ on Dec 10, 2016, 8:25:24 PM
I am also wondering about Hematophogy (leech nodes by weapon fire damage nodes) . I am guessing that Phys atk dmg leech does not work once we get the axe and neck, otherwise it does simply seem better than going for Vitality Void.
Hi, I have played a similar build before I read this post. The only big difference is I chose to use lacerate+multistrike over cyclone for my main skill to proc molten burst. Comparing with cyclone, Lacerate also hit twice in its overlap area, and With a 20Lv multistrike, the total more attack speed is only slight less which is 45.5% (0.75 x 1.94) more atkspd. The good thing about Lacerate is that I can hit mob at a much saver distance, the clear speed is very good, i personally think it is even better then cyclone in most scenario. The downside of cyclone is well known. It cant stop once you move, pain in the ass to play in confine space and stop whenever you hit some obstacles.

I will post more details of my charater below:

Gem setup:
Spoiler

(I picked RT instead of EO in passive)

Ngamahu's Flame: WED + PPAD + Elemental Focus + ConcEffect + GMP + FirePen
5L or 6L chest: Lacerate + MutliStrike + Faster attack + IncAoe + Blood magic + fortify/LGOH/knockback (last slot)
4L (Aura): Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour + Projectile weakness/Enfeeble/purity of fire
4L: Cwdt + IC + Stone golem, plus decoy totem
4L (movement): Leapslam + faster attack + fortify + blood magic

Lacerate works fine in a 5L, the choice in the sixth get a bit interest. Fortify and LGOH is self explanatory, Knockback can serve two purpose as I imagine (only have a 5L now, havent tested it yet). First, it keep hostile at bay when I just standstill and attack. Second, since the moltenburst projectile have a slight delay before it land, fast running mob can often run past the moltenballs and thus not get hit (Projectile weakness also gave this benefit, but it only happen after the ball hit sth.) Downside is it might not work that well for stationary target, have to test the synergy with or without proj weakness .

Arctic Armour is good, since I can stand still and attack, unlike cyclone.

Purity of fire is for the sake of single elemental reflect mob when leveling at high level. Sometime I can out leech them, sometimes I dont. I also panic a bit when I saw my life drain down so fast. Combine with a ruby flask (Dying sun) I can bump my fire resist to 86% whenever I saw sth that looks like ele reflect. It seems to me I encounter more ele reflect rare when I open a breach, I once get 3 ele reflect rare in one breach, I dont know if that is just my perception.

Dps/stats:
Spoiler

Current level only 86, yet to grab brutal fervour on ascendancy, life only at 5.6k with mediocre gear.
Too lazy to print screen and post my char stat here. Stats are read in HO with only HoA.

Lacerate dps is 9k, attack per second is 4.5, attack speed modifer is + 257%
Molten burst dpu (Damage per use) is 10k, I suppose that is for each individual ball.

Gear:
Spoiler

Besides Ngamahu's Flame and Xoph's Blood, I am using all rare right now ( pretty shit, all self found)
I agree Belly of the beast is BiS for chest. I might not consider to use devoto's later, as I dont benefit much from movespd if I dont use cyclone, I also do not go for iron reflexes(Saved a few point on tree as well).No life kinda sucks, gotta get more life!

Skilltree planned for lv 96:

Feel free to give advice and try out Lacerate!
Last edited by arthur129 on Dec 10, 2016, 9:31:39 PM
"
Khakhan wrote:
I am also wondering about Hematophogy (leech nodes by weapon fire damage nodes) . I am guessing that Phys atk dmg leech does not work once we get the axe and neck, otherwise it does simply seem better than going for Vitality Void.

Yeah I'm also curious about this. From the wording I'm not sure if it considers your phys damage before AoF+Axe and adds that to max leech, or if it's actually your tooltip phys. If it works with the full build it would be much better, but I don't want to spend the respec points to test it right now.

Build is great so far though.
"
Riale wrote:
"
Khakhan wrote:

Yeah I'm also curious about this. From the wording I'm not sure if it considers your phys damage before AoF+Axe and adds that to max leech, or if it's actually your tooltip phys. If it works with the full build it would be much better, but I don't want to spend the respec points to test it right now.

added a response in the F.A.Q section. TLDR: Hematophagy's leech portion does not work with elemental damage. this build deals 100% only fire damage with the the two core items equipped. even going for the 20% damage while leeching is a massive 3 point waste. that is why we get the attack leech cluster instead (vitality void) because it works with all damage types, not just physical.
Guild Master of <Limit Horizon>
IGN: Atmotion
Stream: www.twitch.tv/atmotion
Last edited by Atmotion on Dec 11, 2016, 4:23:02 AM
"
Atmotion wrote:
"
Riale wrote:
"
Khakhan wrote:

added a response in the F.A.Q section. TLDR: Hematophagy's leech portion does not work with elemental damage. this build deals 100% only fire damage with the the two core items equipped. even going for the 20% damage while leeching is a massive 3 point waste. that is why we get the attack leech cluster instead (vitality void) because it works with all damage types, not just physical.

While the life leech portion does not work with fire damage, there's still the +8% to max life leech cap increase on top of the 20% increase damage while leeching.
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Dec 11, 2016, 6:10:38 AM
"
While the life leech portion does not work with fire damage, there's still the +8% to max life leech cap increase on top of the 20% increase damage while leeching.

+8% of your maximum life per second to your leech rate, not +8% to maximum leech cap, which equals to about a flat 44 (whatever that number added is) with my current endgame gear and all of the life regen from the tree. still not worth 3 passives. you would never take 3 passives to get 20% increased damage when you can get a 2 point jewel passive for example for a potential 35%+ damage.
Guild Master of <Limit Horizon>
IGN: Atmotion
Stream: www.twitch.tv/atmotion
Last edited by Atmotion on Dec 11, 2016, 11:06:13 AM
currently using Lightning Coil and experiencing some survivability problems, couldn't tank Xoph for example, and feeling like it shouldnt've been like this, got him to 90% hp playing smart and then just wiped 5 times in a row because i couldn't touch him much. Will belly help a lot with survivability? Im currently at 4.5k hp, 60% phys reduction. Or maybe lightning coil isn't necessarily a problem. My tree is almost the same as the one in the post.
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
currently using Lightning Coil and experiencing some survivability problems, couldn't tank Xoph for example, and feeling like it shouldnt've been like this, got him to 90% hp playing smart and then just wiped 5 times in a row because i couldn't touch him much. Will belly help a lot with survivability? Im currently at 4.5k hp, 60% phys reduction. Or maybe lightning coil isn't necessarily a problem. My tree is almost the same as the one in the post.

Xoph deals fire damage. Is your fire res capped? Ruby flask would surely help. Also an ignite removal would be useful since he'll probably ignite with all that fire damage.
"
mmmmdang wrote:
"
Sunw1sh wrote:

Xoph deals fire damage. Is your fire res capped? Ruby flask would surely help. Also an ignite removal would be useful since he'll probably ignite with all that fire damage.

yeah, didn't use ignite removal, but resistance is overcapped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info