[2.6] Atmotion's 100% fire 'Xogama' Cyclone - Fun, Easy, Cheap, Fast, Endgame Viable (No 5-6L req!)

"
Chrom wrote:

For the same points invested you can can pick up RT plus the Elementalist nodes in the Templar section which is 34% ED as well as +12 all res. At that point you're also close to Devotion life nodes so move a couple from the constitution nodes for better return. Then you also free up the Add Accuracy gem for a FA gem.
That all far out-weights going after EO

Doesn't it also open option to invest into Catalyse node? 44% weapon elemental damage for 3 points.
"
zankioh wrote:
"
Bassemannen wrote:
Big post

Hey, thanks a lot for the explanation. So point blank is indeed good for this skill.
But I see it's even better if you don't use increased aoe effect if I understood that correctly, huh?
Has anyone done some tests on whether using a socket on inc aoe is truly worth it, then? Would it perhaps be more worthwhile to always use conc effect or maybe switch that socket out to something else entirely? Maybe slower projectiles?

- - -

Something else (and maybe more for HC people), how do you guys feel about http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Nightmare

The chaos damage conversion aside (avatar of fire), I find the effect to be pretty interesting.

Look at this spot:

I have circled the jewel slot and all nodes that would apply.

That would be a whopping 41% chance to get an endurance charge on kill if you took all of them. 29% without the 12% fire node to the left of diamond skin which is a bit annoying to get to. Especially considering we can't really fit an enduring cry in the build, that seems very strong.
I'm not sure we would get the block chance from the jewel, no idea if we'd be allowed to block with just a 2handed weapon. In that case we could just use the weaker http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Dream

Thoughts?

I'm trying to get that unique jewel too, it's seems really good on paper!
I have an Alien pet.
How do you guys deal with elemental reflect? Ruby flask?
I can easily kill myself vs 1 fat rare with elemental reflect.
"
kelongngu wrote:
"
zankioh wrote:
"
Bassemannen wrote:
Big post

Hey, thanks a lot for the explanation. So point blank is indeed good for this skill.
But I see it's even better if you don't use increased aoe effect if I understood that correctly, huh?
Has anyone done some tests on whether using a socket on inc aoe is truly worth it, then? Would it perhaps be more worthwhile to always use conc effect or maybe switch that socket out to something else entirely? Maybe slower projectiles?

- - -

Something else (and maybe more for HC people), how do you guys feel about http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Nightmare

The chaos damage conversion aside (avatar of fire), I find the effect to be pretty interesting.

Look at this spot:

I have circled the jewel slot and all nodes that would apply.

That would be a whopping 41% chance to get an endurance charge on kill if you took all of them. 29% without the 12% fire node to the left of diamond skin which is a bit annoying to get to. Especially considering we can't really fit an enduring cry in the build, that seems very strong.
I'm not sure we would get the block chance from the jewel, no idea if we'd be allowed to block with just a 2handed weapon. In that case we could just use the weaker http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Dream

Thoughts?

I'm trying to get that unique jewel too, it's seems really good on paper!

I'm playing in HC and also want this jewel BUT...
Cheapest Red Dream-140c
Red Nightmare- dont exist
"
aerial wrote:
"
Chrom wrote:

For the same points invested you can can pick up RT plus the Elementalist nodes in the Templar section which is 34% ED as well as +12 all res. At that point you're also close to Devotion life nodes so move a couple from the constitution nodes for better return. Then you also free up the Add Accuracy gem for a FA gem.
That all far out-weights going after EO

Doesn't it also open option to invest into Catalyse node? 44% weapon elemental damage for 3 points.

It does, but you will need to pull more points out of the constitution life node cluster.
Also keep in mind the tree is maxed at for lvl 100 which isn't realistic for for most people. You should pick up what's best for a max lvl 90'ish play so shave at least 5 points off the tree and readjust to see what you come up with.
I'm building a very similar build, though my guildmates call it Spicy Meatballs.

Char: The_Formless_Inferno
Passive: www.poeurl.com/UOW
Gear:
Spoiler

I don't have endgame gear yet, but unlike OP, I scale both cyclone and procs off the axe. I want to run arctic armor, herald of ash and blasphemy/flammability, but for the life of me I can't roll the right colors on Devoto's. I am planning on getting the red dream and upgrading it to the red nightmare soon for huge survivability boost. I will most likely respec out of Executioner and pick up slaughter. I feel like the extra attack speed is better, both for cyclone dmg and procs, but I don't know. I also need to trade in Atziri's belt for a rustic sash with wed and life. I'm picking up the extra endurance node because I want the regen per endurance charge since I have no leech aside from the slayer ascendancy, which I haven't gotten done uberlab yet. My cyclone damage with self buffs is like 50kdps. I have no clue what my damage with molten burst is, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot higher than that judging from boss's hp when it procs. Also, I purposely stack str because of the amulet, so I have like 600+ str and I'm using iron grip support in my axe to scale str with projectile damage.
"
mmmmdang wrote:
I'm building a very similar build, though my guildmates call it Spicy Meatballs.

I don't have endgame gear yet, but unlike OP, I scale both cyclone and procs off the axe. I want to run arctic armor,

Arctic armor doesn't do much when you're not starionary (cycloning).
Just in case.
GGG, CYCLONE&BERSERKER BUFF WHEN??
cant leave the feeling that we waste 7 points for pont blank only(plus Vitality Void as result). can we spend better 7 points with point b;nk support?
ign: HaruMamberu
Last edited by RayManzarek on Dec 10, 2016, 11:11:45 AM
I've been playing the build and really love it. Only question is why not the Hematophagy node? Increased leech and 20% increased dmg while leeching seems pretty powerful for slayer. Also I was checking out your gem links, how does it feel with PPAD instead of inc/conc AoE?
Last edited by Remnence on Dec 10, 2016, 11:42:57 AM
"
RayManzarek wrote:
cant leave the feeling that we waste 7 points for pont blank only(plus Vitality Void as result). can we spend better 7 points with point b;nk support?

Check out my tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0HdQthDF8McA48ERoUIBRxFHUYkRjbHKchVSFgIq8ppTB3Mn4y0ThTOlI7tjwFPC09_ECgRUdHflBHU6VWSFdUWGNZ_l4TXzlfP2FSZFJlTWebaPJyqXNrdO108Xasdud4enrvggeDX4PMhNmE74ZghrSHaorwjM-TqJstn9-iAKTCpTWnCKknqZSuPq9ssKuygLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbApsGjxBXEgsT2xq7Pftgk2L3ZfNrB3D3iYeRR6UbqGOvu7w7vTu988B_1YfZI9zL46_4K

I took out those points and point them in Hematophagy and Expertise cause I'm short on Dex and ended up with more dmg, more life leach and a spare 2 points. Only thing you lose is the mana leech which you only need if you are switching auras all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info