[2.6] Atmotion's 100% fire 'Xogama' Cyclone - Fun, Easy, Cheap, Fast, Endgame Viable (No 5-6L req!)

"
Remnence wrote:

I took out those points and point them in Hematophagy and Expertise cause I'm short on Dex and ended up with more dmg, more life leach and a spare 2 points. Only thing you lose is the mana leech which you only need if you are switching auras all the time.
right, ty

also, when we got Ngamahus Flame and Avatar Fire most dmg we make from molten projectiles, so mb would be more dps if change Destroyer circle to Fury Bolts circle?
ign: HaruMamberu
Last edited by RayManzarek on Dec 10, 2016, 12:09:17 PM
great guide man
On a side note: Anyone else having some lag/stutter issues when playing this in a breach? Once you start hitting a ton of mobs (and breaches will swarm you easily) things really become crazy.

I'm hoping it's because it's the weekend and the servers can't handle it so well, but I think it might also be the great frequency with which I attack with both cyclone and molten burst at once.
So many effects going on. Also worth mentioning I use belly of the beast, so all the extra gore splatters are even more visual effects.
Last edited by zankioh on Dec 10, 2016, 12:43:22 PM
"
zankioh wrote:
"
Bassemannen wrote:
Big post

Hey, thanks a lot for the explanation. So point blank is indeed good for this skill.
But I see it's even better if you don't use increased aoe effect if I understood that correctly, huh?
Has anyone done some tests on whether using a socket on inc aoe is truly worth it, then? Would it perhaps be more worthwhile to always use conc effect or maybe switch that socket out to something else entirely? Maybe slower projectiles?

- - -

Something else (and maybe more for HC people), how do you guys feel about http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Nightmare

The chaos damage conversion aside (avatar of fire), I find the effect to be pretty interesting.

Look at this spot:

I have circled the jewel slot and all nodes that would apply.

That would be a whopping 41% chance to get an endurance charge on kill if you took all of them. 29% without the 12% fire node to the left of diamond skin which is a bit annoying to get to. Especially considering we can't really fit an enduring cry in the build, that seems very strong.
I'm not sure we would get the block chance from the jewel, no idea if we'd be allowed to block with just a 2handed weapon. In that case we could just use the weaker http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Dream

Thoughts?

update:
i decided to buy this jewel to test, I never ran out of endurance charges now. not bad.
I have an Alien pet.
Just one question how much worse build is running without required amulet?(I can't afford it right now)
Last edited by intermission140 on Dec 10, 2016, 4:22:29 PM
"
Just one question how much worse build is running without required amulet?(I can't afford it right now)

It works great with just the axe, I couldn't afford chest/neck until almost 80 and was still very happy. That said, save your pennies cause they do make a difference. Also a 5link for additional accuracy on cyclone is a super quality of life improvement.
"
RayManzarek wrote:
"
Remnence wrote:

I took out those points and point them in Hematophagy and Expertise cause I'm short on Dex and ended up with more dmg, more life leach and a spare 2 points. Only thing you lose is the mana leech which you only need if you are switching auras all the time.
right, ty

also, when we got Ngamahus Flame and Avatar Fire most dmg we make from molten projectiles, so mb would be more dps if change Destroyer circle to Fury Bolts circle?

I'm not sure how melee phys scales vs proj dmg but the attack speed is very useful for proc rate on cyclone.
"

take a look in the F.A.Q section of the guide.
Guild Master of <Limit Horizon>
IGN: Atmotion
Stream: www.twitch.tv/atmotion
Last edited by Atmotion on Dec 10, 2016, 6:29:18 PM
I picked raider... :/

was it a bad decision?
"
Koksii wrote:
I picked raider... :/

was it a bad decision?

you can make it work. just more travel to the required nodes needed.
Guild Master of <Limit Horizon>
IGN: Atmotion
Stream: www.twitch.tv/atmotion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info