[2.6] Atmotion's 100% fire 'Xogama' Cyclone - Fun, Easy, Cheap, Fast, Endgame Viable (No 5-6L req!)

Ripped at 89 on HC using this build. It was super fun while it lasted. Don't know what I will make now heh.
"
arthur129 wrote:
Hi, I have played a similar build before I read this post. The only big difference is I chose to use lacerate+multistrike over cyclone for my main skill to proc molten burst. Comparing with cyclone, Lacerate also hit twice in its overlap area, and With a 20Lv multistrike, the total more attack speed is only slight less which is 45.5% (0.75 x 1.94) more atkspd. The good thing about Lacerate is that I can hit mob at a much saver distance, the clear speed is very good, i personally think it is even better then cyclone in most scenario. The downside of cyclone is well known. It cant stop once you move, pain in the ass to play in confine space and stop whenever you hit some obstacles.

I will post more details of my charater below:

Gem setup:
Spoiler

(I picked RT instead of EO in passive)

Ngamahu's Flame: WED + PPAD + Elemental Focus + ConcEffect + GMP + FirePen
5L or 6L chest: Lacerate + MutliStrike + Faster attack + IncAoe + Blood magic + fortify/LGOH/knockback (last slot)
4L (Aura): Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour + Projectile weakness/Enfeeble/purity of fire
4L: Cwdt + IC + Stone golem, plus decoy totem
4L (movement): Leapslam + faster attack + fortify + blood magic

Lacerate works fine in a 5L, the choice in the sixth get a bit interest. Fortify and LGOH is self explanatory, Knockback can serve two purpose as I imagine (only have a 5L now, havent tested it yet). First, it keep hostile at bay when I just standstill and attack. Second, since the moltenburst projectile have a slight delay before it land, fast running mob can often run past the moltenballs and thus not get hit (Projectile weakness also gave this benefit, but it only happen after the ball hit sth.) Downside is it might not work that well for stationary target, have to test the synergy with or without proj weakness .

Arctic Armour is good, since I can stand still and attack, unlike cyclone.

Purity of fire is for the sake of single elemental reflect mob when leveling at high level. Sometime I can out leech them, sometimes I dont. I also panic a bit when I saw my life drain down so fast. Combine with a ruby flask (Dying sun) I can bump my fire resist to 86% whenever I saw sth that looks like ele reflect. It seems to me I encounter more ele reflect rare when I open a breach, I once get 3 ele reflect rare in one breach, I dont know if that is just my perception.

Dps/stats:
Spoiler

Current level only 86, yet to grab brutal fervour on ascendancy, life only at 5.6k with mediocre gear.
Too lazy to print screen and post my char stat here. Stats are read in HO with only HoA.

Lacerate dps is 9k, attack per second is 4.5, attack speed modifer is + 257%
Molten burst dpu (Damage per use) is 10k, I suppose that is for each individual ball.

Gear:
Spoiler

Besides Ngamahu's Flame and Xoph's Blood, I am using all rare right now ( pretty shit, all self found)
I agree Belly of the beast is BiS for chest. I might not consider to use devoto's later, as I dont benefit much from movespd if I dont use cyclone, I also do not go for iron reflexes(Saved a few point on tree as well).No life kinda sucks, gotta get more life!

Skilltree planned for lv 96:

Feel free to give advice and try out Lacerate!

Oh wow, I came here to point out how close this build was to one I am planning to do right now using Lacerate instead of clunky Cyclone and here I see others had the same idea :D

Very nice to hear that the build works. How is the single target? That was the one thing I was concerned about. Atziri and Uber Izaro going down fast?
Lacerate version is definitely viable. It does clear slower though, so I'd suggest it for highest maps. Otherwise cyclone is just much smoother clears.
Last edited by aerial on Dec 11, 2016, 4:33:47 PM
So how do you all deal with ele reflect? Even with a ruby flask it really, really hurts.
Rip my 64 Slayer.. but I loved your build ..
anyone else getting really bad lag with this build? so fun but so alggy :(
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
arthur129 wrote:
Hi, I have played a similar build before I read this post. The only big difference is I chose to use lacerate+multistrike over cyclone for my main skill to proc molten burst. Comparing with cyclone, Lacerate also hit twice in its overlap area, and With a 20Lv multistrike, the total more attack speed is only slight less which is 45.5% (0.75 x 1.94) more atkspd. The good thing about Lacerate is that I can hit mob at a much saver distance, the clear speed is very good, i personally think it is even better then cyclone in most scenario. The downside of cyclone is well known. It cant stop once you move, pain in the ass to play in confine space and stop whenever you hit some obstacles.

Gem setup:
Spoiler

5L or 6L chest: Lacerate + MutliStrike + Faster attack + IncAoe + Blood magic + fortify/LGOH/knockback (last slot)
4L (Aura): Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour + Projectile weakness/Enfeeble/purity of fire

Lacerate works fine in a 5L, the choice in the sixth get a bit interest. Fortify and LGOH is self explanatory, Knockback can serve two purpose as I imagine (only have a 5L now, havent tested it yet). First, it keep hostile at bay when I just standstill and attack. Second, since the moltenburst projectile have a slight delay before it land, fast running mob can often run past the moltenballs and thus not get hit (Projectile weakness also gave this benefit, but it only happen after the ball hit sth.) Downside is it might not work that well for stationary target, have to test the synergy with or without proj weakness .

Purity of fire is for the sake of single elemental reflect mob when leveling at high level. Sometime I can out leech them, sometimes I dont. I also panic a bit when I saw my life drain down so fast. Combine with a ruby flask (Dying sun) I can bump my fire resist to 86% whenever I saw sth that looks like ele reflect. It seems to me I encounter more ele reflect rare when I open a breach, I once get 3 ele reflect rare in one breach, I dont know if that is just my perception.

Dps/stats:
Spoiler

Current level only 86, yet to grab brutal fervour on ascendancy, life only at 5.6k with mediocre gear.
Too lazy to print screen and post my char stat here. Stats are read in HO with only HoA.

Molten burst dpu (Damage per use) is 10k, I suppose that is for each individual ball.

Gear:
Spoiler

Besides Ngamahu's Flame and Xoph's Blood, I am using all rare right now ( pretty shit, all self found)
I agree Belly of the beast is BiS for chest. I might not consider to use devoto's later, as I dont benefit much from movespd if I dont use cyclone, I also do not go for iron reflexes(Saved a few point on tree as well).No life kinda sucks, gotta get more life!

Oh wow, I came here to point out how close this build was to one I am planning to do right now using Lacerate instead of clunky Cyclone and here I see others had the same idea :D

Very nice to hear that the build works. How is the single target? That was the one thing I was concerned about. Atziri and Uber Izaro going down fast?

Gd to hear you are planning to try out Lacerate!

First I want to say I was never a big fan to farm or fight Atziri and Uber Izaro (I solo Uber Izaro with most of my char for ascendancy though) due to internet issue. Fighting mechanic-wise is an okay difficulty for me I suppose. Anyway I did a 2 key UBer Izaro (killed portals and disruptor) today to get my last 2 point, I will try to do some analysis based on my limited experience. (BTW, in the last fight I have a 3 sec freeze screen which almost scared the shit out of me.).

TL;DR: I can kill Uber Izaro each phase in less than a minute, Argus need a bit more time since it move a lot. Havent tried Atziri yet (not really bother to, lol).

For bosses or any single target in general, I dont see a big difference on paper dps between cyclone and lacerate at a face-tank distance level. The real difference here is when I try to hit sth from a far, the trick is how to make sure those balls land on the same target it proc when those mobs are moving or running at you. I mentioned the potential of "knockback" in my last post, since I dont have a 6L yet I need to test it later. But still, there are several tools I used in Izaro boss fight to keep it stationary or move slower. And it is pretty obvious in my gems setup, stone golem and taunt totem to prevent Izaro jumping, combined with arctic amour chilled ground kiting.

The other problem I see here is when doing full key run, especially with portals due to the nature of how multistrike works. Without name-locking the boss, the 3 consecutive strike will seek out the closest target to hit, easily end up destroying all portals. The hits are spread out when aids stand around you randomly in the boss room. So I would say cyclone is better here if you just want to focus down a boss.

To conclude, I think the difference between lacerate/cyclone is more of a matter of personal play style and trading of risk/reward. The 5/6L should allow swapping cyclone/lacerate and support gem with ease to favor different situations. But if you are lazy people like me, just want to stick with one skill and play safe, then lacerate for sure. :p

P.S. Lacerate kinda suck while leveling, so cyclone would be better for this purpose imo.
Last edited by arthur129 on Dec 11, 2016, 10:27:55 PM
"
arthur129 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
arthur129 wrote:

Gem setup:
Spoiler

Dps/stats:
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Gd to hear you are planning to try out Lacerate!

First I want to say I was never a big fan to farm or fight Atziri and Uber Izaro (I solo Uber Izaro with most of my char for ascendancy though) due to internet issue. Fighting mechanic-wise is an okay difficulty for me I suppose. Anyway I did a 2 key UBer Izaro (killed portals and disruptor) today to get my last 2 point, I will try to do some analysis based on my limited experience. (BTW, in the last fight I have a 3 sec freeze screen which almost scared the shit out of me.).

TL;DR: I can kill Uber Izaro each phase in less than a minute, Argus need a bit more time since it move a lot. Havent tried Atziri yet (not really bother to, lol).

For bosses or any single target in general, I dont see a big difference on paper dps between cyclone and lacerate at a face-tank distance level. The real difference here is when I try to hit sth from a far, the trick is how to make sure those balls land on the same target it proc when those mobs are moving or running at you. I mentioned the potential of "knockback" in my last post, since I dont have a 6L yet I need to test it later. But still, there are several tools I used in Izaro boss fight to keep it stationary or move slower. And it is pretty obvious in my gems setup, stone golem and taunt totem to prevent Izaro jumping, combined with arctic amour chilled ground kiting.

The other problem I see here is when doing full key run, especially with portals due to the nature of how multistrike works. Without name-locking the boss, the 3 consecutive strike will seek out the closest target to hit, easily end up destroying all portals. The hits are spread out when aids stand around you randomly in the boss room. So I would say cyclone is better here if you just want to focus down a boss.

To conclude, I think the difference between lacerate/cyclone is more of a matter of personal play style and trading of risk/reward. The 5/6L should allow swapping cyclone/lacerate and support gem with ease to favor different situations. But if you are lazy people like me, just want to stick with one skill and play safe, then lacerate for sure. :p

P.S. Lacerate kinda suck while leveling, so cyclone would be better for this purpose imo.

Thanks for the report on how Lacerate is performing vs. the bosses^^

And yeah, leveling with cyclone works much better. Just go with Limbsplit -> Geofris Baptism -> The Cauteriser. That will carry you easily to 55 to eqip your last and end-game weapon. I recommend using a Tabula Rasa or Skin of the Loyal so you can add enough damage with supportgems while also using Blood Magic gem. This results in a few life sustain problems, but there are enough uniques out there that have life leech, get some of these and you will be fine.
"
zankioh wrote:
So how do you all deal with ele reflect? Even with a ruby flask it really, really hurts.

You can switch gears/gems but it is probably cheaper and less hassle to just re-roll the map.
I have an Alien pet.
"
kelongngu wrote:
"
zankioh wrote:

You can switch gears/gems but it is probably cheaper and less hassle to just re-roll the map.

He talks a bout rare mob with reflect, the one with low life are easy to manage. but some big rare monsters can be really annoying, i manged them by stopping my cyclone when my molten burst goes out, and i'm ready to use my life flasks a bit.

I play a different variation of this build ( same ascendancy/stuff ) same link on molten burst, just using a Blasphemy Enfeeble + Herald of ash. A Devoto's devotion with 30% increase enfeeble curse effect.

for me the cyclone setup is : Cyclone, Weapon elemental damage, Melee Phys, Elemental Focus, Increase Area, Fortify.

It goes up to 94000dps ( for elemental overload, i have an orb of storm inc crit )

I like scaling my attacks aswell and not all in on the molten burst ( it's a bit slow ).

Another point :
Weapon Elemental -> Greater Multiple Projectiles -> Added Fire -> Fire Penetration -> (5th) Physical Projectile Attack Damage -> (6th) Elemental Focus

Added fire is the worst of all this gem it's the 6th one.
Last edited by xMasaox on Dec 12, 2016, 5:05:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info