[2.6] The Quadfire Chieftain - 275k+ DPS Fire everywhere! Searing RF Ray Firestorm

Thank you for your feedback! I think you can make bloodmagic work, but then the build isn´t the same anymore. I wanted to create a build that uses one mouse button on mob packs (cast the Ray) and two on bosses (cast Ray + Searing Bond). With shield charge proccing the curses and casting orb for EE, its a very different play style.

And to be honest, I dont think that two curses are overkill. The new guardians and the Shaper have extreme amounts of hp, so having another 40% res reduction will help a lot!

But I like your shield charge idea, especially when we combine it with RF + Ray. We can cast Ray and Shield Charge into packs, applying one curse with blasphemy and the other by Shield Charge + CoH + Curse + Fortify. To be honest I almost everytime forget to use Fortify so I will be even more secure with that adjustment.

We would just need to adjust the gem setup a little. Instead of this:

Boots/Gloves (3L: RRB / 1L: R): CwDT Lv5+ - Stone Golem - Tempest Shield + Purity of Fire
Weapon/Shield (3L: BBR): Blasphemy - Flammability - Warlords Mark
Weapon/Shield (3L: R/G GR): Shield Charge/Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

We use this:

Boots/Gloves (4L: RRBB): Shield Charge - Fortify - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness
Weapon/Shield (3L: BBR): Blasphemy - Flammability + Purity of Fire
Weapon/Shield (3L: RGR): CwDT - Tempest Shield - Stone Golem (or cast Stone Golem yourself)

If we use a ring with lightning or cold damage on hit mod, we can apply EE while using RF. This would be a major damage boost. A problem would be, that the attack speed would be very slow without the Faster Attacks gem. And if we use Xophs Blood (the BiS amulet), we get Avatar of fire and wouldnt be able to deal any other damage than Fire = no chance to procc EE.

To deal with the Searing Bond problem, we can substitute Increased Burning damage with Blood magic. The damage loss is not that big and we would be able to cast it without problems.

And last but not least: I really thought about dropping the cast while channeling setup and use scorching Ray as a 6l. Problem is: I named my char QuadfireChieftain and then it would only be the TripleFireChieftain :D
Last edited by raggapaul on Dec 6, 2016, 7:41:58 AM
"
raggapaul wrote:
Thank you for your feedback! I think you can make bloodmagic work, but then the build isn´t the same anymore. I wanted to create a build that uses one mouse button on mob packs (cast the Ray) and two on bosses (cast Ray + Searing Bond). With shield charge proccing the curses and casting orb for EE, its a very different play style.

And to be honest, I dont think that two curses are overkill. The new guardians and the Shaper have extreme amounts of hp, so having another 40% res reduction will help a lot!

But I like your shield charge idea, especially when we combine it with RF + Ray. We can cast Ray and Shield Charge into packs, applying one curse with blasphemy and the other by Shield Charge + CoH + Curse + Fortify. To be honest I almost everytime forget to use Fortify so I will be even more secure with that adjustment.

We would just need to adjust the gem setup a little. Instead of this:

Boots/Gloves (3L: RRB / 1L: R): CwDT Lv5+ - Stone Golem - Tempest Shield + Purity of Fire
Weapon/Shield (3L: BBR): Blasphemy - Flammability - Warlords Mark
Weapon/Shield (3L: R/G GR): Shield Charge/Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

We use this:

Boots/Gloves (4L: RRBB): Shield Charge - Fortify - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness
Weapon/Shield (3L: BBR): Blasphemy - Flammability + Purity of Fire
Weapon/Shield (3L: RGR): CwDT - Tempest Shield - Stone Golem (or cast Stone Golem yourself)

If we use a ring with lightning or cold damage on hit mod, we can apply EE while using RF. This would be a major damage boost. A problem would be, that the attack speed would be very slow without the Faster Attacks gem. And if we use Xophs Blood (the BiS amulet), we get Avatar of fire and wouldnt be able to deal any other damage than Fire = no chance to procc EE.

To deal with the Searing Bond problem, we can substitute Increased Burning damage with Blood magic. The damage loss is not that big and we would be able to cast it without problems.

And last but not least: I really thought about dropping the cast while channeling setup and use scorching Ray as a 6l. Problem is: I named my char QuadfireChieftain and then it would only be the TripleFireChieftain :D

You might hate me for saying this but...

Why not drop the 6L entirely (you can toss a naked SR somewhere) and go kaoms heart for even more RF damage? ;)

Also: Alberon's Warpath, thought about using these?

18% strength is kinda massive, should end up giving compareable hp, if not more. And ofc juicy damage.
Last edited by falagar112 on Dec 6, 2016, 8:15:11 AM
"
gutsquasher wrote:
Sadly blood magic would not work. We rely on our auras for a lot of our dmg, and right now for mana sustain. PLus, running purity of fire would be a much bigger pain in the ass than it is now.

On the contrary, i think the blood magic version could even be better then the mana setup for certain aspects: Purity of fire can be socketed insite Essence Worm for +2 level and no mana reserved.
Double curse can be cast with Orb of Storm curse on hit

This is the tree i made:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAOxVA9YEsyqNBg4J9gxfEmkTpRQgFgsWbxccGGoZLho4Gj4cpxzcHRTfvybzJ-0o-ikuSRsy0TlSPC09_EGHRUdFnTbYU1JTpVZIVw1YB1hjLdJfP_FsVcYnL2ZU7TxoZWjyOlhxeayY99emV3uzfLiCx4Nfg8w64fJFDjyPGo9GkFWRztWmlmya4JuhAZGiAPjrpwhN44IHrY23PriTuX677f6PvWA1ksBmGFbEWMT2xgTGrsbYz37aYtR8FHHYJNi92WFodONq6-7vDvAf8azzm_ZI2Xz56PrS_grbT-DDJbzhc5o7gpvsODrYhXs=

More life(+22%),2% more regen (11,4%), no mana problem, 2 more sockets(5) to compensate the -50% fire and -20% area from tree: 1 clear mind +60% spell damage+ 1 rare jewel: fire damage(15%) + area damage(10%) + damage over time(10%) cost few chaos and gives 25% increased damage to all our spells, + maximum life if you are super rich...
Or you can take the Diamond Skin + resist node near marauder with the new The Red Nightmare unique jewel (3 points= 38% fire resist x 0,35= 13,3% block :)
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Dec 6, 2016, 8:41:28 AM
I dont like Orb of Storm setup, so that wouldnt be an option for me.

Clear mind doesnt help with Searing bond or RF damage, because both dont profit from increased spell damage.

When I created the build, I didnt know about the jewel. But you are right, I think its worth to add it.

Your tree misses 15% inc aoe what will add a lot of QoL to RF.
You could curse on hit with scorching ray - ditch the CoCh, use a kaoms heart, new jewel, add an essence worm PoF for another +1% max fire, making it work without endurance charges up (I can sustain atm with just 3 out of 6 charges)

I neither like OoS setup - simply because you cannot use EE with avatar of fire, I definately want that neck.

Also, Alberons Warpath what do you think of these boots? I'm using Doon like you, so it should be bis boots, no?
Curse on hit doesnt work with scorching Ray.

Essence Worm gives +2 for aura gems, making PoF Lv 22 = 4% max fire res. You would need Lv 23 for +5% max fire res.

The boots would add ma little damage while giving less life (compared to boots with 70+ life roll and 30+ strength roll) unless you have perfect strength roll on every item. You lose 10% MS which is a lot Quality of Life with a movement-dependent skill live Righteous fire and outside of a little chaos resistance, they dont offer much. Not even high armour. So I doubt they are a good choice.
"
raggapaul wrote:
Curse on hit doesnt work with scorching Ray.

Essence Worm gives +2 for aura gems, making PoF Lv 22 = 4% max fire res. You would need Lv 23 for +5% max fire res.

The boots would add ma little damage while giving less life (compared to boots with 70+ life roll and 30+ strength roll) unless you have perfect strength roll on every item. You lose 10% MS which is a lot Quality of Life with a movement-dependent skill live Righteous fire and outside of a little chaos resistance, they dont offer much. Not even high armour. So I doubt they are a good choice.

Yes I was assuming having a lvl 21 PoF :)

Alberon should add ~150 strength assuming best strength rolls & that is around equal life but also adds ~18% damage through doon. Since RF is harder to scale (it not benefiting from spell damage) i figured it might be a decent option?

I mean I get the movement speed arguement, i just feel I mainly use shield charge to move around with, and that RF alone clears maps so fast... that it might be a better idea to focus in improving RF dmg?
"
raggapaul wrote:
I dont like Orb of Storm setup, so that wouldnt be an option for me.

Clear mind doesnt help with Searing bond or RF damage, because both dont profit from increased spell damage.

When I created the build, I didnt know about the jewel. But you are right, I think its worth to add it.

Your tree misses 15% inc aoe what will add a lot of QoL to RF.

My bad, I did not remember the fact that RF and searing bond doesn' t work with spell damage :(
However i don' t like Searing bond so much, it's hard to damage moving target with it, and in high tier map the totem die in just 1 hit, so i prefer cast SR anyways instead of losing all stack for recast SB.
The blood magic version is more based on Scorching, RF is just here for bosses and to add damage multiplier this is why i skipped area node. But sure at this point become almost different build :P
delete, double post
Last edited by crazyjake on Dec 6, 2016, 10:14:40 AM
I have been following your build to the point, and im currently lvl 72. I cant keep RF running with my life depleting ASAP. I have 4700 HP, and Max Fire resist.

My gear is mainly STR, HP, Resist.

Do i just need more HP or?

THanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info