[2.6] The Quadfire Chieftain - 275k+ DPS Fire everywhere! Searing RF Ray Firestorm

I got a Pyre ring from Lab so I have been experimenting with Vortex instead of Firestorm, and the damage is pretty nuts but it spawns the AoE on your feet and it's a fairly small circle, making you have to jump into groups to use effectively.

I'll tinker with Ice Nova as well.
I also tested Vortex and Ice Nova. Vortex is better than nova, but the problem is that multiple vortexes dont stack.

I tried a few skills and I really like ARctic Breath so far. It adds AoE damage as well as another layer of defense with chilling the enemies.

If you find some cool combo, please tell us! :) Id love to make a combe with SRS but Iam afraid there arent enough good support gems. You can only use Scorching Ray - Cast while Channeling - SRS - Elemental Focus :(
I am working on this build, am at level 55 and I have a question. How do you maintain 3 skills with reserved mana? Warlord's Mark, Flammability, and Purity of Fire? I don't even have enough mana at this point. Am I missing something on the skill tree that adds a bunch more mana or highly reduces the cost of them?
You dont use 2 curses and 1 aura at this point of your progression. Just go with flammability curse and you will be fine. I am lv 67 right now and will activate the second curse soon.
Forgive my ignorance, but I am trying to understand weapon choice. With the exception of the final wanted unique weapon with the Iron Will addition... Why maces or daggers? Don't Wands generally roll with much higher spell damage?
You are right, they have better rolls. BUT two of four of your damage sources dont profit from spell damage (Searing Bond & Righteous Fire). Doon adds "damage" so it buffs all four damage sources. It also adds cast speed and 32% elemental damage. Additionally with this build and gear choice you will have a lot of strength, making it a very good choice. You can also go with Doryanis, also quite nice with this build due to its massive elemental damage bonus. The Iron will on Doon doesnt do anything by the way ;)
Excellent, thank you so much for the concise explanation! I was trying to figure out what good the Iron Will did, but it is the 1% per 8 str that is the big benefit.
1% per 8 strength
32% ele damage
up to 70 strength
cast speed
mana

pretty solid :)
do you keep your scorching ray level 1 for the mana cost?

Because there is no way I can use 3 auras otherwise - 3x 31% reserved (with the aura nodes you've taken on your tree) leaves no option of casting a searing bond totem (to costly) - nor can I possibly keep channeling scorching ray - it drains my mana way to fast. I've been using a mana pot so far but.. it's not even a 6L yet!

lvl 73.
First of all, thanks for your build !

I'm lvl 75 and i'm playing it but with some differences... On a 4L, I'm using a "pure" CWC SR linked with Vortex and Firestorm ! Why keep using Firestorm ? Because i love its "long-range" firepower while Vortex (+RF) deals with close-range mobs... It's a very specific way of playing but it's quite powerfull. For bosses, i switch Firestorm for Flame Surge.

I must buy a Arctic Breath for testing it too !

For information, I've killed Malachai Merciless on lvl 70 and the merci-lab was done on lvl 72 quite easily ! ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info