[2.6] The Quadfire Chieftain - 275k+ DPS Fire everywhere! Searing RF Ray Firestorm

Do you maybe think that Scorching Ray could be exchanged for Flameblast? That way Increased AoE and Fire Penetration could be used instead of Faster Casting/Iron Will and Elemental Focus, to boost the Firestorm/Flame Surge, too. Technically Ele focus could be kept if the player wanted to rely on RF to burn stuff, but I personally don't like that. Flameblast has so much to gain from Ignites, too.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting this as "a better way of doing the build", I'm just asking for the personal version that I would do, purely since I'm interested in making a Flameblast character next league.
Last edited by Jonmcdonald on Nov 27, 2016, 6:07:19 AM
Should work. Cant see why it wouldnt. You might want to change some of the gems as you suggested and adjust the tree a little bit :)
Sounds interessting, hopefully its endgame viable :)
Well I hope so :) The numbers dont look very bad and it should be tanky enough.
One of my main issue's would be that you have to stay in position to deal damage with scorching ray. This can be tricky with endgame bosses.

You are absolutely right, but on the other hand, every melee char has to stand still. And with this build you can do damage while moving with RF.
I would strongly consider Flame Surge instead of Firestorm.

Reason being is that you should have enough AoE for white/blue packs to die without needing Firestorm, however for rares/bosses you will want the huge damage that Flame Surge offers (since RF+Scorching will mean it will always be hitting burning enemies).

Another potential improvement - adding in a totem. Be is Searing Bond or even Scorching Ray (and using Flameblast for Cast on Channelling).

What that would offer you: Decent damage (as you scale the same things), more survivability (it is, after all a totem), utility (if you go with Scorching Ray: -res), better last 2 Ascendancy Points with Arohongui.

What you would lose: a CWDT set-up. In my opinion not too big a loss, as one is usually enough. It's also "another button to press". For me personally that makes it more interesting, but for some, less so.
Last edited by Violander on Nov 29, 2016, 6:54:13 AM
thx for the feedback. Searing Bond totem could easily give another 20k dps (not taking resistances into account) and would help with bosses.

I can switch Flame Surge with Firestorm for bosses. Planned to do it anyway, but calculating the dps of both, Firestorm seemed to be stronger.
Strange, I thought tooltip for Flame Surge is significantly hire.

And doesn't Firestorm just give average dmg? Will have to log in and check on a Chieftain of mine.
Well the problem is that its quite hard to calculate Firestorm dps. I found an online tool to calculate it and the plain numbers where higher. Since we dont have the trigger gem yet its hard to test the setup, I will test both as soon as the league starts. For clearing packs Firestorm should be better due to the better AoE and duration. For bosses Flamesurge should be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info