[2.6] The Quadfire Chieftain - 275k+ DPS Fire everywhere! Searing RF Ray Firestorm

Very nice, I really like that chest. But I am broke at the moment. I paid like 50C for all of my items and can´t afford to spend more at the moment (and to be honest I dont need to spend, since alle the content is very easy at the moment). When I gained more levels, I will think about that chest again.
"
raggapaul wrote:
Very nice, I really like that chest. But I am broke at the moment. I paid like 50C for all of my items and can´t afford to spend more at the moment (and to be honest I dont need to spend, since alle the content is very easy at the moment). When I gained more levels, I will think about that chest again.

Got the only armor one up for sale last night @ 40 chaos, and got lucky linking (10 fusings!) myself :)
Colors was a little harder unfortunately.

That life/mana on kill has saved my ass multiple times in lightning breaches though, and that 100 mana means that despite my amazing 54 unreserved, i can still spam scorching ray :)
That chest will help a lot on breaches and while farming. Will try to get it :)

I think about switching from dual curse Blasphemy to single curse blasphemy + Curse on Hit shield charge. That would solve my mana problem and I can spend those precious skillpoints on life. I lack a little life right now (around 4.800) but I only have like 170% from the tree and my equip is far from being perfect. I will also get rid of Pyre ring as soon as the new patch is online so Ill get another 100 flat life (life roll + strength roll) on a ring.

Current Gear

I can probably get 5 life on gloves, 40 on chest, 100 from a new ring, 20 each from better belt and boots = 185 flat life. Combined with a few more life nodes on tree, ill get to that 6k life easily :)
Last edited by raggapaul on Dec 7, 2016, 10:58:09 AM
My current gear
Spoiler

This, so far, has worked pretty well. I have 6.5k health, without and three more life nodes to get, which means an easy 7k life with better gear. I linked Blood Magic with my 6l to solve some mana issues, but I may pick up an Atziri's Splendour and see if I can't 6l one. The all res would solve some annoying res issues, and let me re-gear a little bit, so we will see. My 6l right now is working just beautifully, and I am sure I can resell for a decent sum.

I will start running merc lab once I get all the trials (RNGesus pls), and see if I can't get an RF enchant on my helm, on top of the dank 30% ele dmg, to really boost my RF. In the mean time I am running T9s with any mod (but vulnerability and lower health regen).

All in all, I have spent about 5.5 ex on this. 3 Ex for the 6l, 2 ex in crafting the helm (holy fuck essences are expensive right now, and another half an ex on gearing.

The breaches are very easy, particularly Xoph, for given reasons, however bringing two ruby flasks is recommended. I will do some testing with the other breaches tomorrow, and maybe a couple more Atziri runs. We will see.

Merc Lab will get me my last Ascendancy with Tawhoa, which means a ton more strength, armour, and life regen.

My character is far from complete, but it already, is looking very strong. Great work again in crafting this.

[EDIT]

I just did some quick testing, for testing's sake. In most cases, firestorm is worse than flame surge for clearing trash. With how much RF does, we are better off, and faster, running by and doing a quick burst. For certain bosses (Atziri included) Firestorm is better. For bosses we can not facetank, which is few, firestorm is better. Atziri's Splendour while a good item, does not work well for our build. The 100 mana is useless, particularly for bosses. If you can not facetank a boss, you are screwed. I would suggest my current setup, using a 6l with BM. This is mainly to allow us to spam firestorm/scorching ray without needing trash to leech off of.
Last edited by gutsquasher on Dec 8, 2016, 2:15:43 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I really like Firestorm for now due to its range and since it lasts 2 seconds after casting. Its a really great spell for clearing.

In wider areas (like outside maps e.g. oasis) Firestorm is the better choice. Smaller maps might be better with Flamesurge.

I just bought Atziris Splendour (full armour) yesterday. The life and resistance rolls are great and the +100 mana/life are great for trash. Just had no luck 5L it :( Took me 250 jewellers to get 6S and now Iam out of fusings.

I updated my Helm, Belt and the rings yesterday and switch to the Setup with Blasphemy + Flammability and Shield Charge + Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness.

My Gear, 5 Days after League Start, Lv 79

I will update my amulet, try to 5L/6L the Atziri Chest and buy new gloves/boots. But for now, this will be the setup :)
Last edited by raggapaul on Dec 8, 2016, 4:08:24 AM
Im pretty confused atm. Im loving this build but i cant seem to run RF with out it draining me down. I have the whole tree aside from double curse and the scion life circle.

I have the RoTf shield and a purity of fire im at 86% FR but it still drains the hell out of me

I really wanna run RF with this so im at a loss
Last edited by Echon9ne on Dec 8, 2016, 6:37:23 AM
You need the 4% from purity of fire and you still might not have enough regeneration to sustain RF :) Just use potions and as soon as you have a few endurance charges, you are good to go.
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
raggapaul wrote:

Got the only armor one up for sale last night @ 40 chaos, and got lucky linking (10 fusings!) myself :)

That life/mana on kill has saved my ass multiple times in lightning breaches though, and that 100 mana means that despite my amazing 54 unreserved, i can still spam scorching ray :)

I have just looked at your build. Its very different than the one posted. How are you build doing? Consindering trying it out
"
heinrichcb wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
raggapaul wrote:

I have just looked at your build. Its very different than the one posted. How are you build doing? Consindering trying it out

Yes, I did respec around a lot last night, trying out different things. What I am using at the moment feels the best of the things I tested out.

Respecced out of the fire dmg, sovereignity and double curse nodes. Picked up more life, EE, cyclone+curse on hit, vitality+purity of fire.

Can sustain RF in hideout with 0 charges, 8.2k life, ~1500 regen/sec. No room for scorching ray anymore, but in all honestly, I loved the skill, but it felt very clunky to use and actually slow me down. Now I just clear maps with RF and cyclone alone :)

Upgrade options: Getting a +1 curse neck is next, will move cyclone into the 5 link and add ele weakness for more dps!

Scolds would also be a nice addition, if I can afford one at some point
Last edited by falagar112 on Dec 8, 2016, 8:53:58 AM
Get out of this thread dude xD You are using another build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info