[2.5]Life based Elemental Inquisitor, Blade Flurry

"
uswh0le wrote:
"
Contractor wrote:
Carcass jack is very squishy, you need extra life nodes, otherwise if you aren't careful you get oneshot. I would recommend a belly.

To the next question: i would buy the one what's cheaper for you, in the end you want to have both, so the order doesn't really matter.

i choose to buy carcass atm, cheaper and i can go EVASION gears... and i guess my two flasks got some nice re-roll =D

*planning to beg on others to buy me INC CRIT STRIKE gem

edit: just recently hit lvl 71 and tried merc ITZARO...1 reckless death (mis-use of flasks), 1 DC (game crash), and third try is successful... got the Augury of Penitence ascend skill!
unlucky enchant though =D
"
uswh0le wrote:
"
Contractor wrote:
Carcass jack is very squishy, you need extra life nodes, otherwise if you aren't careful you get oneshot. I would recommend a belly.

To the next question: i would buy the one what's cheaper for you, in the end you want to have both, so the order doesn't really matter.

i choose to buy carcass atm, cheaper and i can go EVASION gears... and i guess my two flasks got some nice re-roll =D

Just some Tips because seeing your gear tells me you die alot :), craft life on your belt, and look for a non rustic sash (they are expensive) since the phys% gives you nothing.
Buy some new boots with high life and res should be easily possible below 5c
Switch gloves to rare ones with life attaspeed maybe acc or an ele damage and res.

Also to compensate for the dam loss you can craft crit multi on that sword
I have the exact or allmost the same build, my tooltip is still very low comparet to your, true some of the gems they are not 20q yet...but still 6l with 420edps foil and doryanis, it still feels kinda week at high life bosses. Let me know if im doing anything wrong.
"
demogorg wrote:
"
uswh0le wrote:
"
Contractor wrote:

Just some Tips because seeing your gear tells me you die alot :), craft life on your belt, and look for a non rustic sash (they are expensive) since the phys% gives you nothing.
Buy some new boots with high life and res should be easily possible below 5c
Switch gloves to rare ones with life attaspeed maybe acc or an ele damage and res.

Also to compensate for the dam loss you can craft crit multi on that sword

i know my gears aren't good but that's the best i can find/afford ATM...
*can't craft HP on the belt atm because of the limited masters in my HO and that's the only the best and cheapest tri res + WED belt i can find/afford (lots of trash on poe.trade)
*as for the boots, gloves, etc. they'll be replaced but not right now (i've been browsing poe.trade for better cheap gears but most of them are trash listed in few chaos)

to think i just got lucky with a DIV STRONGBOX and got 2pcs DIV CARDS worth a few chaos that's why i am able to afford like 5L carcass, rats nest... and i'm saving the few chaos left (Doryani's Catalyst maybe) =D

i'm not in a rush though, and so far, i am more likely get killed due to sudden & unexplainable PING spikes and FPS drops and/or game crashes. i can't grind/farm because of tight school schedules.
"
x_absolut520 wrote:
I have the exact or allmost the same build, my tooltip is still very low comparet to your, true some of the gems they are not 20q yet...but still 6l with 420edps foil and doryanis, it still feels kinda week at high life bosses. Let me know if im doing anything wrong.

Hey, i checked your gear. The keys of the Inquisitor are high critical strike chance + high crit multiplier, so get a sword with increased crit chance and get jewels with crit multiplier, at least double multiplier rolls! Check the previous posts for my Jewels. Also use a diamond flask, atziris promise and a vinktar's vessel! Having 3 life flasks is way too much, i just use one, which is plenty. also get rings with %increased elemental damage with weapons, they buff your damage more than flat elemental damage!

Minor details make a huge difference in the game!
Thanks for this build. I'm following it pretty closely and am having a terrific time.
I'm using a build heavily based on yours in Breach, and I'm having trouble surviving in red maps.
Build:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAAGAO4ClgSzBbUGIAaiC2EMUg2NDc0PqxR1FSAV9ha_F9wcziLiIuoj0yP2JIsk_SaVKjgqTStQLOkwcTB8NZI6QjrhPAU8LT0-PydH4kp9SphKyEt4TZJN404qUUdVS1b6WHVbr2HiYnlo8m6qbydwUnKpdKB313vDfyuDX4PMhMWGs4d2idOKr4uMjDaNfY2_j2CQEZJukn2UXJhvmmqbtaIApDmmV6i5r2yvp7Xytz68VsBmwzrEFcT2xq7MZtJ81CPYvdwj3Q3dqOOf5c_nVOjW73zwH_JF9zL53f4K_lT-j__e

Gear:
Spoiler

I am planning to switch to either merc alira or merc kraityn when I decide which I prefer (and when I hit my next level for the spare point), and my jewels aren't ideal, but each of those would largely lead to more damage rather than more survivability and damage isn't the problem most of the time (Tul breaches excepted).

I've been curious about something- is there a reason that you put anger in the Catalyst rather than Herald for prolif's sake? Is it for the sake of something involving the way that anger, grace and enlighten interact?
"
Kytrarewn wrote:

I've been curious about something- is there a reason that you put anger in the Catalyst rather than Herald for prolif's sake? Is it for the sake of something involving the way that anger, grace and enlighten interact?

Anger doesn't work with prolif. You can put a herald for prolif, but the mana multiplier will apply, so it's not worth it. I was just leveling grace and testing some stuff out, but it isn't being used actively (free gem slot if you want to use).

Concerning your trouble about red maps: look at your flasks. This is a glass cannon build, you need the leech and extra damage from vinktars in bad times. Also get 1 bubbling or seething divine flask for instant heal. The basalt flask, rotgut and manaflask are unneeded. Get atziri's promise and a diamond flask and a silver flask of heat (kiara's determination isn't necessary, but helpful). As a glass cannon you want to strike as hard as possible, before the enemy can strike you.
Last edited by Contractor on Dec 21, 2016, 3:00:35 AM
Hello mr. Contractor,

I am running this build fairly decently. I have two questions.

1. I have the same setup with HoI, Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark, but I generate power charges super rarely. They are up like 15% of the time. My crit chance is 40%. Any idea why this is?
2. Would you mind taking a quick look at my character to spot if I do anything obviously wrong or provide suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance :-)
"
Erosiapaladin wrote:
Hello mr. Contractor,

I am running this build fairly decently. I have two questions.

1. I have the same setup with HoI, Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark, but I generate power charges super rarely. They are up like 15% of the time. My crit chance is 40%. Any idea why this is?
2. Would you mind taking a quick look at my character to spot if I do anything obviously wrong or provide suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance :-)

To 1.: I have 72% crit chance without charges, so there's definitely something you can improve.
Also getting quality assassin's mark and added cold damage (linked with blade flurry) increases the chance to to crit-freeze the monsters and to shatter them (i.e. applying the curse).
To 2.: Your profile isn't public, so i can't exactly tell you, but you can read the previous posts, most important stuff is mentioned there.
Last edited by Contractor on Dec 24, 2016, 2:03:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info