[2.5]Life based Elemental Inquisitor, Blade Flurry

T14 Palace, full Video below

Hello all,

the new Skill "Blade Flurry" is awesome and dpsy (as most of you know). My Templar used Lacerate previously, but BF is much stronger, especially when it comes to single-target. It may be nerfed in 2.5, but I think that it still will stay as a strong skill, so maybe you would like to try my build.
You can change the build to your tastes, another reference would be https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1737872/page/1

Why Inquisitor?
Spoiler
Inquisitor is generally a good choice for elemental damage builds, especially the Ascendancy Node "Inevitable Judgement" is insane. Every Critical Strike you do counts as if the monsters (and bosses!) elemental resistance are 0, which means you do the full elemental damage. The other Nodes give you quite decent DPS buffs and leave you room for more defensive stuff.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler
Pro: High damage, fast clear speed, good for both monsters and bosses. Not super expensive (if you want to perfect it, it can get expensive.

Cons: Ele reflect, even rare monsters can kill you if you aren't careful. Ele reflect maps are not possible. Best would be if you got an Aurabot who gives you more max resis.

Skilltree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAAGAO4ClgSzBbUGIAaiC2EMUg2NDc0PqxR1FSAV9ha_F9wYXRzOIuIi6iPTI_YkiyT9JpUqOCpNK1As6TB8NZI31DrhPAU8LT0-PydH4kp9SphKyE2STeNOKlFHVUtW-lh1W69h4mJ5Z6Bo8m6qbydwUnKpdKB313vDfyuDX4PMhMWGs4d2idOKr4uMjDaNfY2_j2CQEZJukn2UXJhvmmqbtZx7n9-iAKQ5pleoua3xr2yvp7Xytz68VsBmwzrEFcT2xq7MZtJ81CPYvdwj3Q3jn-XP51To1u0_7WHvfPAf8kX3Mvnd_gr-VP6P_94=

I tried to get to the shadows nodes asap, while grabbing the life nodes on the way. Then i started to invest in the crit nodes.

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak, Kraityn, Alira (Kraityn also possible)

Gear
Spoiler

I want to point out that my Gear isn't godly and leaves many options open.

Main Skill Gems

Spoiler
Chest: 1.Blade flurry, 2.weapon elemental damage, 3.increased critical strikes, 4.added lightning damage, 5+6.added cold damage / increased area damage / concentrated effect (it's up to you what you prefer)

Rest:
Herald of Ice + Curse On Hit + Assassins Mark
Ancestral Protector + Support gems
Movement skills like whirling blades or leap slam
Wrath or Anger. I took Anger because wrath needs lot of INT.
Ice Golem or Lightning Golem (your choice)

Jewels

Spoiler
try to get as much %critical multiplier as possible, then attack speed, area damage, %increased maximum life, %increased accuracy rating

dont take physical damage affixes since you don't benefit from them

DPS
Spoiler

unbuffed in Hideout without conc effect (5-link)
Spoiler

unbuffed in Hideout with conc effect (6-link)
Spoiler

anger, herald of ice and ice golem in Hideout without conc effect(5-link)
Spoiler

anger, herald of ice and ice golem in Hideout with conc effect (6-link)
Spoiler

FULL buffed DPS (anger, herald of ice, ice golem, Instruments of Virtue triggered and all flasks + charges (3 frenzy + 4 power):
Spoiler

Videos (I'm kinda lazy, but if you want more videos i can add.)

Got questions? Feel free to ask!
Last edited by Contractor on Dec 25, 2016, 10:46:34 AM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2017, 1:52:10 PM
Nice build was looking at doing the same. Pure ele works well. What is the leveling like with BF?
Can you please post your stats hideout / full buffed etc, just wanna compare for my physical build, im about to start inquisitor when new league comes.
Hey, i added the tooltip dps in the first post.
Regarding leveling i can't tell, since i switched the char from lacerate to BF, but since many streamers are leveling with BF, i can say it's quite good and fast, especially with the cheap mana cost.

"
DPS
Spoiler

unbuffed in Hideout without conc effect (5-link)
Spoiler

unbuffed in Hideout with conc effect (6-link)
Spoiler

anger, herald of ice and ice golem in Hideout without conc effect(5-link)
Spoiler

anger, herald of ice and ice golem in Hideout with conc effect (6-link)
Spoiler

FULL buffed DPS (anger, herald of ice, ice golem, Instruments of Virtue triggered and all flasks + charges (3 frenzy + 4 power):
Spoiler

dont forget the tooltip dps is a bit misleading, it tells the avg. damage per hit, but the real damage is way higher, when you charge up the BF stacks and also when you release it at 6 stacks u do crazy damage bursts.
Last edited by Contractor on Nov 23, 2016, 7:11:33 AM
Nice really looking forward to it next league, hopefully it doesn't get nerfed ridiculously. Ill be running this in HC so will let you know how it goes.
What's your sword's edps value, do you know? I've been rocking a 325edps foil with solid crit, but I want to upgrade some time.

EDIT: just did the math; 394edps on your sword. That's some top tier deeps.
Last edited by ScootaLewis on Nov 23, 2016, 8:02:49 AM
"
count2potato wrote:
Nice really looking forward to it next league, hopefully it doesn't get nerfed ridiculously. Ill be running this in HC so will let you know how it goes.

Cool, but invest more in life then and be careful of reflect. dont run maps without capped resis or -max resis if you want to stay safe. and also if you dont have vinktars, try to get atziris promise and either a topaz or ruby flask (if you use wrath or anger). Better safe than sorry.

"
ScootaLewis wrote:
What's your sword's edps value, do you know? I've been rocking a 325edps foil with solid crit, but I want to upgrade some time.

EDIT: just did the math; 394edps on your sword. That's some top tier deeps.

yup, bought it with 3 exalted, which is still quite cheap (especially with critchance and attackspeed).
Last edited by Contractor on Nov 23, 2016, 8:21:30 AM
build is pretty fun and is cheap for the great amount of damage. i'm using a totally improvised equip with 5l and some unleveled gems and can do some higher map without problems. bought a foil with 320 edps only 10c and works

thanks for share
Last edited by Abax11 on Nov 23, 2016, 11:58:35 AM
What is your crit chance with the foil? I tried a foil but ultimately changed to dagger since my crit felt low (60% vs 76%) and I felt like not capitalizing on Inevitable Judgement enough. DPS stayed almost the same, so I should see a net gain.
"
tzuiop wrote:
What is your crit chance with the foil? I tried a foil but ultimately changed to dagger since my crit felt low (60% vs 76%) and I felt like not capitalizing on Inevitable Judgement enough. DPS stayed almost the same, so I should see a net gain.

i have 73% crit chance with 4 power charges up. without charges its around 59%.

the thing is, that daggers with triple elemental damage rolls are very rare and very expensive (i.e. >350 eledps). so basically foils are the better and cheaper choice, also they have a greater base attack speed and and crit multiplier implicit.

but i would say a dagger with a perfect tier 1 rolls is in general better than a foil with tier 1 rolls, unless you have >90% critchance already.

but if you have a 400 edps foil vs a 300edps dagger, the foil wins, because the base damage is 33% higher.
Last edited by Contractor on Nov 24, 2016, 9:48:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info