[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

First try on shaper right now, i got destroyed.
i could not tank that slam, even with purity of ice, + basalt + saphire flask up...., 87xx ES onehit.
what do i miss ?!
i have used curse on hit with enfeeble too. got him to last phase, with ~45% life. so mad right now =/
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
i could not tank that slam, even with purity of ice, + basalt + saphire flask up...., 87xx ES onehit.
what do i miss ?!
i have used curse on hit with enfeeble too. got him to last phase, with ~45% life. so mad right now =/

Shaper takes practice, so I wouldn't count on beating him on first try.
However...

1. If you got 1-shot by the Slam, then you either weren't standing still (AA only protects you while stationary), and/or forgot to pop Orb of Storms (i.e. he wasn't Enfeebled), and/or forgot another flask (you said Basalt and Sapphire, where is Granite?)

2. What's your Icestorm tooltip? You are going for the Shaper with lv 19 gems, and not even the correct ones (FC instead of CE). Your jewels are craptastic (25% inc damage? that's HALF of an Izaro). You didn't take the AoE nodes in the tree (50% inc AoE dmg). You took Foresight instead of something actually useful (1500 Int = 300% inc ES already).

I suspect your DPS is simply too low even without forgetting to bring one of the key flasks for the Slam.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 2:25:41 PM
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
what do i miss ?!

FWIW, I've been around 50% for tanking that hit with 9100+ ES on my BV finder. I'd imagine it has to do with the slam critting more than anything else. Without a crit, I still find myself with <10% ES remaining (thanks to vinktar/VP for fixing that immediately!).

So, you are probably just under the minimum requirement to take non-crits from him manageably.
"
AHAB_10 wrote:
FWIW, I've been around 50% for tanking that hit with 9100+ ES on my BV finder. I'd imagine it has to do with the slam critting more than anything else. Without a crit, I still find myself with <10% ES remaining (thanks to vinktar/VP for fixing that immediately!).

So, you are probably just under the minimum requirement to take non-crits from him manageably.

Nope. He's definitely over the minimum requirement for it (which is 6k ES with this build). With Enfeeble, PoI, AA, not moving, Granite+Basalt+Sapphire the Slam hits Inquisitor for 5.4k max (I assume that's the crit, sometimes it hits for much less).

But I think he just forgot to bring Granite.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 5:41:33 PM
Spoiler
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
what do i miss ?!

Shaper takes practice, so I wouldn't count on beating him on first try.
However...

1. If you got 1-shot by the Slam, then you either weren't standing still (AA only protects you while stationary), and/or forgot to pop Orb of Storms (i.e. he wasn't Enfeebled), and/or forgot another flask (you said Basalt and Sapphire, where is Granite?)

2. What's your Icestorm tooltip? You are going for the Shaper with lv 19 gems, and not even the correct ones (FC instead of CE). Your jewels are craptastic (25% inc damage? that's HALF of an Izaro). You didn't take the AoE nodes in the tree (50% inc AoE dmg). You took Foresight instead of something actually useful (1500 Int = 300% inc ES already).

I suspect your DPS is simply too low even without forgetting to bring one of the key flasks for the Slam.

thanks for reply!
i was standing still for sure, cant tell 100% if i had curse orb up at my place.. hm
is the granite flask (with +% armour i guess) such a big deal?!

for the jewels, without them + respec foresight node, i loose 1215 es, at the end i have 7545es, wich is pretty weak :(

i have 6kdmg with conc, in second phase i switched to faster casting, because i didnt try anymore to tank the slam, and was feeling better dodging his attacks with faster casting, and just run away from slam.

dont know if the unique damage jewels are worth it loosing that much es at the end.. =(
just to compare, how much dmg do you have in town/hideout with conc. ?
and how much int. ?

thanks!
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Hello!

First i need to say that i really, really enjoy this build, although i'm playing as a witch - it's my second approach to WI - first time it was in talisman league, so there are some changes :)

Reading through witch and templar posts i can't find a reliable answer to my question: what about elemental weakness? I can't find a way to cap resists for EW curse without two +10% all ele res jewels. Or it's just a minor issue, and running a map with ~40 all res isn't such a big deal?

Cheers,
Scaal

-1850 fuses :D
but i got it very cheap (2 ex)
the closest one on std is 16 ex, next one 25ex so it's pretty ok :D

Looking for 4 lvl Enhance (now testing with 3), got that we can't achieve quality on Curse on Hit (lol), quality on WM won't help, so it's only for enfeeble (crit chance and accuracy) and temp chains (slower enemies). Already can say that astramentis with +1 curse and flammability in place od enhance will be better.

also bought this one

Vigiliant strike for me is much better. It has a confirmation sound, lasts for 7+ seconds and haven't chance to miss.

UPD
Everything so slooooooooow :D
Chimera is easily deathless without Temp Chains (the hardest mod so far there)
Minotaur extremely easy
Phoenix a bit easier to dodge
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 9, 2016, 11:11:53 AM
Does Orb of Storms do anything other than trigger elemental overload?
Beyond the few nodes that give fire and cold damage, any other benefit for switching to Fire? With Elemental Focus you can't get ignites.
Last edited by roddyriot on Nov 9, 2016, 1:30:11 PM
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
thanks for reply!
i was standing still for sure, cant tell 100% if i had curse orb up at my place.. hm
is the granite flask (with +% armour i guess) such a big deal?!

for the jewels, without them + respec foresight node, i loose 1215 es, at the end i have 7545es, wich is pretty weak :(

i have 6kdmg with conc, in second phase i switched to faster casting, because i didnt try anymore to tank the slam, and was feeling better dodging his attacks with faster casting, and just run away from slam.

dont know if the unique damage jewels are worth it loosing that much es at the end.. =(
just to compare, how much dmg do you have in town/hideout with conc. ?
and how much int. ?

thanks!

Granite flask is important. You need one with at least 90% armor. That flask results in 33% physical damage mitigation. I show the defensive stats at the end of the Shaper Slam video: without flasks my phys mitigation is 2%, with Granite+Basalt it's 55%. Basalt is flat 20%, the rest 33% is Granite. That is a big deal.

7.5k ES is weak but it's better than lacking DPS. Remember, your main defense is leech (i.e. DPS). ES is only needed to survive the big hits. But the biggest hit is 5.5k. Everything over 6k is a safety cushion for the 3rd phase when you get attacked by the Clone at the same time as the main Shaper. Losing 1200 ES to gain 1k Icestorm would be very worth it.

Your ES is weak because your gloves are only 104 ES and your boots are only 140 ES. But the boots are very good other than raw ES, it would be hard to find an upgrade for them, and 140 isn't too crappy anyway. But you really need better gloves.

My Icestorm tooltip is shown in the original Shaper video: it's 7.6k in the zone, or in hideout. 6k is definitely too low for T16. Level your gems to 20, add quality, get better jewels.

You may actually beat the Shaper with a few deaths already but that would require a lot of luck.

"
Scaal wrote:
Hello!

First i need to say that i really, really enjoy this build, although i'm playing as a witch - it's my second approach to WI - first time it was in talisman league, so there are some changes :)

Reading through witch and templar posts i can't find a reliable answer to my question: what about elemental weakness? I can't find a way to cap resists for EW curse without two +10% all ele res jewels. Or it's just a minor issue, and running a map with ~40 all res isn't such a big deal?

Cheers,
Scaal

You don't need to overcap resists for EW. With lower resists you just take more ele damage. Nothing but the top bosses can do enough damage for that to matter. There is a video (for the Scion version I believe) where I clear Abyss with EW, no regen and buffed boss, with 40% resists. But nothing there is capable of hurting this build even with 40% resists, including the boss. And that's T15! The only place where you care about EW is T16, and that's what the Purity setup is for (see the Boss Guide). For the Phoenix we already use PoF which makes EW irrelevant. For the Minotaur with EW you want to run PoL. For the Chimera EW doesn't matter because he doesn't do any ele damage. And the Hydra you just don't do with EW (as well as +cold) cause that's suicide.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 9, 2016, 3:30:59 PM
Would really appreciate some advice on where to improve my char.

Currently lvl 87 and next lvl ill get whispers of doom i.e tri curse (alrdy got all the jwl sockets) and by lvl88 ill be equivalent to the lvl 92 skill tree posted in main thread.

HO stats:
8.7k ES
7,7k dps
1,610 intel
Capped res merciless (not capped for ele weakness but who cares...)

Was able to stay capped res without helping kraityn so i killed all bandits so skill points from all difficulties and also i did not need to go for diamond skin either.

Items:

Notes:
Yes i need to reroll the helm enchant, working on it....

Jewels:
24 int brute force
24 int brute force
24 int fertile mind
7% emperors mastery
23/25 izaros turmoil
24/24 izaros turmoil
22/23 izaros turmoil

My current build: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQPuBAcMUg5IEFgRLRFQEZYV1xhqGS4abBzcHU8dvh8CJ-0o-ilPKYsqOCycLL8tHzOHNbk2xTdHOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFHBkyzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDV3yXypfal-wZlRoZWusbAhtGW-ed-V8u3_GgDCCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljumPGo9Gj_qTJ5Ugl_Sbbpuhm7Wce52uns2fy6EvoqOmmacIpyunMKi5r5uvp7QMtQS4k76KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdWm2CTZYdvn34bkIuvk6-7sGOw47WHvfO_r8Yrzm_nd

Advice what to do next levels?
Where would it be most easy to improve my gear?
The curse effect node as suggested sounds good.
Lightning walker no need the res.
Faith and steel no need the res but ES is nice, maybe better to go for foresight instead?
Nullification no need the res but ES is nice, maybe better to go for foresight instead?
Jewel socket from scion...is this better than the jewel socket below whispers of doom?
Trickery sounds like a good option, 30 int total and also the ele dmg boost...

I'm still new to endgame content so im working on my uber lab skills atm.
Gonna try end game bosses still need to clear more of my atlas... (reason is i ripped on HC and didnt make it to endgame there and hand 0 maps cleared on standard....
Last edited by Robaholic on Nov 9, 2016, 3:42:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info