[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
OrinRus wrote:
Can anyone have issue with fps drops below 30 when icestorm covering most of the screen or half screen? Or its just my problem? My specs i5 3350p, 8gb ram, 2gb gtx 770.

Unfortunately, Icestorm is one of those skills that can lag a lot if your video card is not very good (although not as bad as Discharge).
"
OrinRus wrote:
Can anyone have issue with fps drops below 30 when icestorm covering most of the screen or half screen? Or its just my problem? My specs i5 3350p, 8gb ram, 2gb gtx 770.

I am running the build on an I5/8GB/GTX650 and it's fine.
I feel like the WI is super good for single target but I feel like i get rekt in mobs. Was wondering what a good weapon switch setup would be for clearing trash without standing next to it
"
ElJesse wrote:
I feel like the WI is super good for single target but I feel like i get rekt in mobs. Was wondering what a good weapon switch setup would be for clearing trash without standing next to it

Huh? Are you playing like the Play Style section says? Cast Icestorm, leap (or at least get close) and finish them. Most of the trash mobs get perma stunned and cannot even do anything. And then you have TC+Enfeeble for the rest.

There is no weapon switch setup - your primary skill comes from this exact weapon, you can't get it anywhere else.

Ok, there is a weapon switch, but to another WI :)

Clear trash with the MF Cull staff, fight the big boss with the boss DPS staff, switch to MF to cull it when it's about to die. You can see me doing that in the vids (the Shaper went into the 'Total Chaos' phase at like 11% so you can see me standing there in the bubble with the Cull staff).
I'm doing a Guardian version similar to your tree, is there a reason you don't go AoF?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ElJesse wrote:

Huh? Are you playing like the Play Style section says? Cast Icestorm, leap (or at least get close) and finish them. Most of the trash mobs get perma stunned and cannot even do anything. And then you have TC+Enfeeble for the rest.

There is no weapon switch setup - your primary skill comes from this exact weapon, you can't get it anywhere else.

Ok, there is a weapon switch, but to another WI :)

Clear trash with the MF Cull staff, fight the big boss with the boss DPS staff, switch to MF to cull it when it's about to die. You can see me doing that in the vids (the Shaper went into the 'Total Chaos' phase at like 11% so you can see me standing there in the bubble with the Cull staff).

Thank you- build is feeling much stronger now that im lvl 60+ and getting all the gem links.

Was wondering if those Steppan Eard boots would be worth using.
What about using poison gem for clearing mobs?

Is it worth taking Zealots Oath?
Last edited by ElJesse on Oct 9, 2016, 11:13:46 PM
"
Hawkly wrote:
I'm doing a Guardian version similar to your tree, is there a reason you don't go AoF?

For the Witch and Templar versions of the build, using Pyre+CD+2 tree nodes gives more power than AoF+CtF, and Pyre also makes it much easier to max resists.

"
ElJesse wrote:
Was wondering if those Steppan Eard boots would be worth using.
What about using poison gem for clearing mobs?

Is it worth taking Zealots Oath?

Steppan Eard has zero Int and zero resists. No good.

We don't have anything for chaos damage, damage over time or poison specifically. Using a Poison support would be a waste compared to the supports we have.

ZO doesn't work with VP.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 10, 2016, 1:34:12 AM
Is it possible to cap res with a no res chest?
i got a 800 es chest with 54 intelligence but it has no res and no open mods
"
ElJesse wrote:
Is it possible to cap res with a no res chest?
i got a 800 es chest with 54 intelligence but it has no res and no open mods

Of course. Look at my gear in the top post. My chest, gloves, boots and belt have 1 resist mod each (and the chest one is weak 30% crafted). If you get 2 res mods on something else, you can get by with a no-res chest. With a more balanced resist distribution you may even be able to respec Kraityn into a skill point.
I wonder if this great idea can work as dual totem? Would be nice to try instead of crit flameblast totems.

Maybe something like this:
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAVBBQU1GQVFBQWVnUHVCQWNPU0JCWUVTMFJVQkdXRmRjWWFoa3VHbXdjM0J6bkhVOGR2aDhDSi0wby1pbFBMSndzdnkwZk00YzF1VGJGTjBjNjJEd0ZQUTg5WDBWSFRMTlJkRkpUVmtoV1kxY05XQWRkOGw4cVpsUm9aV29lYTZ4dEdYZmxmTHRfeG9LYmdzZUQ5NFY3aHE2SFpZN3BqeHFQUnBNbmxTQ1g5SnVobmE2ZXpaX0xvUy1pbzZhWnB3aW5LNmN3cjV1dnA3VUV1Sk8taXNCbXdjWEI4OFFWeFBiUUg5SWgxYWJZSk5saDVDTHI1T3Z1N0Jqc09POTg3LXZ5TF9PYi1kMmVQSXgydHpGbW5samxLaE5hSzZQeTk4SDU2R2p5ZUM5ODVYd09wMVZib0U4RVE4Z0I1emJvUm1rcGk0QXdtMjZjZTktRzdXRT0ACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info