[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

in the video you are using the scorching ray skills, why you didnt include that in this build ?
"
meamwoot wrote:
in the video you are using the scorching ray skills, why you didnt include that in this build ?

SR-CwC is used for all versions of the build except the Inquisitor. The reason is that the Inquisitor gets a lot of casting speed from his Ascendancy and his DPS with self-cast Icestorm is higher than with SR-CwC. You can definitely play with CwC too, and it's cheaper (don't need Enlighten), but I just hate seeing all that nice Ascendancy wasted. CwC casts Icestorm every 0.35s regardless of your casting speed.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 8, 2017, 3:33:20 PM
Is there any hope for this build surviving 3.0 ES changes? At least on Standard...with legacy gear. Vaal Pact is pretty crucial to its functionality and the ES/Int stacking synergy will be a shame to lose if a switch to life is necessary.

I guess it will depend on how many and which of the proposed changes will actually be implemented after beta testing.
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Last edited by cloudblade70 on May 22, 2017, 11:17:35 AM
Legacy gear won't help if ES leech gets completely ruined. The main nerf is not about ES itself but about VP. If you can't leech enough ES then you can't facetank anything as a CI char. We'll see how it goes with those changes, GGG may tweak a lot of things during Beta.

Right now it looks like we'll be switching from ES and CI to Life and MoM. I'm currently trying various ideas with Berserker, since that version of the build is the most leechy. If things work out, that will likely be the first class converted to 3.0.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Legacy gear won't help if ES leech gets completely ruined. The main nerf is not about ES itself but about VP. If you can't leech enough ES then you can't facetank anything as a CI char. We'll see how it goes with those changes, GGG may tweak a lot of things during Beta.

Right now it looks like we'll be switching from ES and CI to Life and MoM. I'm currently trying various ideas with Berserker, since that version of the build is the most leechy. If things work out, that will likely be the first class converted to 3.0.

Cool, I'm curious to see what the final changes will be. This is definitely my favorite PoE build of all time so I'm hopeful it is salvageable :) ***sending you all my energy***
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Hey thanks for this build. Every other time i followed builds i couldn't seem to get past mid level maps. With this one I am up to level 16 maps now but am starting to run into problems. I was hoping you might troubleshoot whats wrong with my set up as I have tried to follow the instructions but my ice storm damage seems far lower than yours. I am at 2047-6140 when in town. I am using:

Black sun crest

Astramentis - + 15 and + 96

Deodres Damming

Unset ring for arctic armor with 43 fire res, 33 cold res, +19 max ES, 67% mana regen

Gloves - 114% inc ES, 47% light res and 47% cold res, + 49 max mana

Boots - 110% inc ES, 31% fire res, 27 % light res

crystal belt - 42% fire 32% cold 42% light res, + 86% max ES

Armor - 130% inc ES, 42% Fire 45% cold 40% light res, 66 max mana

6 socketed whispering ice

All links are set up as instructed and the tree too at level 90. My intelligence is at 1162 though where yours is over 1500. I still have not gotten the correct crafting mods from the labs that you suggest. I have defeated the pale court but not been able to do the uber lab yet, atziri, and have not tried to do level 16 maps. The only other maps i have left are Core, hall of grandmasters, obas trove, putrid cloister, and vinktar square.

Any advice is appreciated if you have time. Thanks!
"
karac67 wrote:
All links are set up as instructed and the tree too at level 90. My intelligence is at 1162 though where yours is over 1500.

That is your issue. You have no Int on most of your items. This build is based on Int. Icestorm damage scales from Int in 3 different ways (base dmg, duration, bonus from the Staff).
Wow, that's an awesome build here. I was looking for something other than my Cyclone Berserker, switching gears sometimes helps. Still, looks like upcoming ES changes would nerf this build severely. Would you recommend to "wait and see" what happens post-3.0?
"
war4peace wrote:
Wow, that's an awesome build here. I was looking for something other than my Cyclone Berserker, switching gears sometimes helps. Still, looks like upcoming ES changes would nerf this build severely. Would you recommend to "wait and see" what happens post-3.0?

ES will likely be useless to this build in 3.0. I've already tried a life-based approach with the Berserker version of the build, and it works OK in T16 with semi-decent gear. In 3.0 there will be better life mods on gear, and maybe they will buff life in some other ways, since they are so determined to nerf ES. I chose to try Berserker first because he has the best leech, will see about the other classes later.
What do I spend on next to upgrade. I'm through guardians but uneasy about even trying shaper, but I just got some more currency to do an upgrade but wondering which slot to target..
WI/BSC/atra/damning/perandus are other slots

Last edited by wrathofmoocow on Jun 8, 2017, 1:06:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info