[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

If I use the scorching ray CwC setup for templar (the one used in other builds), would there be significant change in the dps?

The leveling with this build is a breeze btw :)
*sigh* sorry, posted in wrong location
Last edited by SecondTormid on Mar 31, 2017, 11:02:38 AM
"
If I use the scorching ray CwC setup for templar (the one used in other builds), would there be significant change in the dps?

The leveling with this build is a breeze btw :)

Depends on what you mean by 'significant'. Using SR-CwC like the other versions would waste a good portion of the Inquisitor's class perks, everything that's related to casting speed. The math is really complicated, but the general consensus is that self-cast is slightly higher DPS than CwC regardless of the class. For the other 3 classes the benefits of CwC are well worth it. But the Inquisitor losing all of his cast speed bonuses vs bosses on top of that - I'm quite not sure that it's a worthy trade for this particular class. That 'beast mode' vs top bosses is too cool to give up IMO.
Oh, okay. I found using it as CwC to be a huge QOL improvement tbh. I went with inquisitor as I had never played a templar before. I'll try out the cwc as there is just one gem which I replaced for Scorching ray. Well, two counting the spell echo for CwC.

I'll continue using CwC atleast for leveling however. I'll try out a few T10-11s with this as well and if I feel I lack damage, i'll just switch to self cast :D
"
Oh, okay. I found using it as CwC to be a huge QOL improvement tbh. I went with inquisitor as I had never played a templar before. I'll try out the cwc as there is just one gem which I replaced for Scorching ray. Well, two counting the spell echo for CwC.

I'll continue using CwC atleast for leveling however. I'll try out a few T10-11s with this as well and if I feel I lack damage, i'll just switch to self cast :D

CwC is definitely good for QoL. If optimal performance against endgame bosses is not really important for you then go with CwC. You can definitely kill everything with that setup too. I'm just a perfectionist, and the Inquisitor standing his ground and turning into a 'holy beast' on it adds a roleplaying fun aspect to it. When he is facerolling something like Minotaur, cue in Voll's audio: 'REPENT!' )))
Hello there I wanted to Thank you for the build guide and the Help.
I have a lot of fun with it but i have a more or less Problem to get my res Capped and my ES is low in my opinion.

I think you might can help me

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DarkflyxDown/characters

anyway I have not much Crruency to spent and moste of the stuff i wanted to use is kinda Expensive... :/

anyway

Thanks for this build.
I hope that you have some time to help me out

Last edited by DarkflyxDown on Apr 4, 2017, 11:23:42 AM
"
DarkflyxDown wrote:
Hello there I wanted to Thank you for the build guide and the Help.
I have a lot of fun with it but i have a more or less Problem to get my res Capped and my ES is low in my opinion.

I think you might can help me

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DarkflyxDown/characters

anyway I have not much Crruency to spent and moste of the stuff i wanted to use is kinda Expensive... :/

anyway

Thanks for this build.
I hope that you have some time to help me out

You skipped Potency of Will, that's bad. You need duration on your Icestorm for anything that lives longer than 5 sec. Get it ASAP. Refund something like the Witch area socket and Catalyse, grab Potency of Will, then get those things with the next 3 levels.

14% Int on the staff. You can get 18% for 1c, maybe even a 6S one for just a little more. But no reason to still have 14% at lv 87.

Zero Int chest = not for this build.

36 Int 115 ES gloves need upgrading.

Bated Breath is OK for mapping but not for the endgame. Buy the cheapest Crystal Belt base and apply Shrieking essences of Spite until you get 2 res mods (or 1 really high res mod). A good belt may even let you replace that rare ring with Perandus.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 5, 2017, 2:42:30 PM
Hello. Just started this build as a templar lvl 30 atm. Isn't it hard to play ci at low lvl? And what potions should i use from lvl 33 then?
"
xpoo wrote:
Hello. Just started this build as a templar lvl 30 atm. Isn't it hard to play ci at low lvl? And what potions should i use from lvl 33 then?

See Q&A.

Check out the Leveling Guide, it even has a video where you can see what flasks and skills to use and how to play.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 10, 2017, 6:21:13 PM
This is a really good build, ty!

I'm trying it with hierophant. So far so good. DPS is lower but it gives me 2.1k ES at lvl79/1300 int. I think i'll get more than 3k ES at lvl95/1800int

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info