[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

Okay, the best demonstration of Temporal Chains effect can be at Uber Izarro. I was trying to give a chance for Brithbeak+Eclipse Sword (with 3green) - that's completely ok for movement.

So yes, he can't do anything to me. I can dodge him during a charge consumption phase so easily :D

My pc is bad for video-recording, ofcourse i can be a genius and done screen-record from phone, but it isn't a good idea :D
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 11, 2016, 8:40:29 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Robaholic wrote:
Would really appreciate some advice on where to improve my char.

Currently lvl 87 and next lvl ill get whispers of doom i.e tri curse (alrdy got all the jwl sockets) and by lvl88 ill be equivalent to the lvl 92 skill tree posted in main thread.

HO stats:
8.7k ES
7,7k dps
1,610 intel
Capped res merciless (not capped for ele weakness but who cares...)

Was able to stay capped res without helping kraityn so i killed all bandits so skill points from all difficulties and also i did not need to go for diamond skin either.

Items:
Spoiler

Notes:
Yes i need to reroll the helm enchant, working on it....

Jewels:
24 int brute force
24 int brute force
24 int fertile mind
7% emperors mastery
23/25 izaros turmoil
24/24 izaros turmoil
22/23 izaros turmoil

My current build: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQPuBAcMUg5IEFgRLRFQEZYV1xhqGS4abBzcHU8dvh8CJ-0o-ilPKYsqOCycLL8tHzOHNbk2xTdHOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFHBkyzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDV3yXypfal-wZlRoZWusbAhtGW-ed-V8u3_GgDCCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljumPGo9Gj_qTJ5Ugl_Sbbpuhm7Wce52uns2fy6EvoqOmmacIpyunMKi5r5uvp7QMtQS4k76KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdWm2CTZYdvn34bkIuvk6-7sGOw47WHvfO_r8Yrzm_nd

Advice what to do next levels?
Where would it be most easy to improve my gear?
The curse effect node as suggested sounds good.
Lightning walker no need the res.
Faith and steel no need the res but ES is nice, maybe better to go for foresight instead?
Nullification no need the res but ES is nice, maybe better to go for foresight instead?
Jewel socket from scion...is this better than the jewel socket below whispers of doom?
Trickery sounds like a good option, 30 int total and also the ele dmg boost...

I'm still new to endgame content so im working on my uber lab skills atm.
Gonna try end game bosses still need to clear more of my atlas... (reason is i ripped on HC and didnt make it to endgame there and hand 0 maps cleared on standard....

Damn nice resists on the gear! And an Int Crystal belt in Standard! The perk of playing HC. :)

Your next goal in the tree is the jewel socket near the Scion start (Fertile Mind; yes, it will convert the same Dex node twice for +20 Int).

For the gear, 36 Int on the chest and 120 ES on the boots are the weak spots. But those items allow you to save 3 tree nodes because of their resists and grab that jewel socket 3 levels earlier for more benefits, so that's completely fine. And then you can either aim for better items (Int/ES) and take resist nodes to compensate for losing resists, or just proceed with things like the curse effect nodes near Whispers of Doom and Trickery. Or just stay at lv 91 and enjoy PoE cause you will have achieved everything already.

Atlas: in case you missed it, you can simply buy T15 maps and complete them (corrupted) in Standard to get the whole path to them auto-completed. Imporant: do it corrupted! If you just finish a T15 map without corrupting it, the path to it will be uncovered but not completed for the bonus.

Thanks for feedback.
And yeah, the gear can be improved but those 3 saved skill points can theoretically provide me with 30-40intel easilly so i think its worth it to sacrifice few ES/int on the gear...

Ill get Whispers of doom now.
Then ill go for the jewel socket per your recommendation.
After that ill aim for trickery.
Think at lvl 92 ill be around 9.5k ES.

"Atlas map shortcut" only work with legacy maps, i.e the squared maps not the round ones (ive tried and verified it).

I've done a bunch of uber labs and fully buffed izaro is easy to facetank with current setup.
The one thing i need to improve now is enchantment on the helmet (and something on the gloves i guess altho that hardly matters...)

Ill go up against endgame content this weekend, will report back then. A bit curious if i can do guardians without swapping to purities if i have enough ES...i.e 9.5k+
Hi sorry if this has been asked before but, how does this build compare with the High Int Guardian version of WI? I'm trying to compare the two and see which one I should run next league. My goals are definitely end game content (Guardians, Uber Atziri etc) and right now I can run Uber Labs quite comfortably.

Cheers.
Btw, how the hell do this build do uber?
Vaal and trio is easy as hell, can tank all of the attacks from atziri but i often get recked by reflect due to the fact icestorm is still being casted after atziri vanish and clones appears....is there any way to cancel the spell? Or how is this avoided?
Or do i cast at atziri and then estimate how much is needed for her to hit "clone life treshhold"?
Last edited by Robaholic on Nov 11, 2016, 12:26:59 PM
i have the same question how does this compare to the 2.5k int guardian version ? is it safe to assume that they have more damage AND more survivability since they run fuckton of auras and you know guardian..?
"
idrgz wrote:
i have the same question how does this compare to the 2.5k int guardian version ? is it safe to assume that they have more damage AND more survivability since they run fuckton of auras and you know guardian..?

I haven't played that build. From their videos it looks like they should have more survivability, but not sure, since for some reason they dodge bosses. One guy who plays that build told me that he can facetank, but I haven't seen it in action.

As for the damage, it doesn't look like they do more actual DPS. Tooltip alone says little when it comes to a different build. Guardian has no offensive Ascendancy, it's 100% defensive. They don't convert to fire either. I'm fairly confident that Inquisitor does more DPS, especially against the bosses, with all the consecrated ground synergies going on.

The Guardian requires Shav. While the ideal gear for the Inquisitor will cost more than Shav, you can start on day one of a new league, upgrade gradually and kill the Shaper with a budget still lower than the price of Shav. The ideal gear for the Guardian build includes Atziri's Acuity and Skyforth. And you cannot even start playing it until you get a Shav.

"
Robaholic wrote:
Btw, how the hell do this build do uber?
Vaal and trio is easy as hell, can tank all of the attacks from atziri but i often get recked by reflect due to the fact icestorm is still being casted after atziri vanish and clones appears....is there any way to cancel the spell? Or how is this avoided?
Or do i cast at atziri and then estimate how much is needed for her to hit "clone life treshhold"?

There is an Uber Atziri video in the top post, plus a section in the Boss Guide. Templar is actually more safe there and has a larger margin for error when dodging flameblasts and stormcalls because of his 8% LESS ele dmg Ascendancy.

There is a long pause between Atziri vanishing (which is clearly marked by a sound effect) and the statues fading in and going active. You need to stop casting when Atziri vanishes, then find a non-mirror statue before they fully fade in and start casting on it. Practice on the regular Atziri.

Although technically nothing stops you from just pre-spamming Icestorm on the front statue without waiting for them to fade in. That way you have a 1/4 chance to die on each of the 3 statue phases, but they will die too as long as you wait for the Icestorm to do its damage before respawning. This way you die randomly 0-3 times and win.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 11, 2016, 11:43:20 PM
"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

So you have switched to dodging the bosses instead of facetanking?

If you are sure that Occultist will be more powerful you should totally try it (I believe an OCC WI build already exists). You already have the gear, and leveling only takes a day or two. Let me know how that works out for you. :)

Mb i should mention that "enemies are slower" also affects their hit animation, not only movement speed. Still facetanking bosses. But on t16 is a good idea to stack mosters for beyond.

I hate lvling so much, that i will try to get +1 amulet better :D

Yes, TC is good, but you don't need to sacrifice anything or pay skill points to improve it. Here's my helmet in Standard:

Yes, that can take time (1/360 chance). But farming Uber Lab is ALWAYS profitable.
once again, I ask...

1.3k int, 5.2k ES.

how do I improve this?

Am I supposed to have this low ES? I have even upgraded to 600 ES chest.
"
Disconaut wrote:
once again, I ask...

1.3k int, 5.2k ES.

how do I improve this?

Hi!

At your level it's not so bad (71) :) Build starts to shine when you're at 91-92lvl - and after a few upgrades in your gear you'll get 8k ES easily. Just take your time - level and spend points on a 2 more jewel slots and int in the tree, get better belt (crystal base with over 40int and a total of at least 100ES) and boots (you have only 70ES on them), helmet is only 12% INT, should be 14 at least. Chest also should have over 750ES, 600 is a bit low. And your discipline is at lvl 17 - 20 is good, 21 is even better :) When you have 1500INT it translates into 300% inc ES, and 1300INT sits at 260% - so with better gear and more levels you can catch up with us :)

Cheers!
"
Scaal wrote:
"
Disconaut wrote:
once again, I ask...

1.3k int, 5.2k ES.

how do I improve this?

Hi!

At your level it's not so bad (71) :) Build starts to shine when you're at 91-92lvl - and after a few upgrades in your gear you'll get 8k ES easily. Just take your time - level and spend points on a 2 more jewel slots and int in the tree, get better belt (crystal base with over 40int and a total of at least 100ES) and boots (you have only 70ES on them), helmet is only 12% INT, should be 14 at least. Chest also should have over 750ES, 600 is a bit low. And your discipline is at lvl 17 - 20 is good, 21 is even better :) When you have 1500INT it translates into 300% inc ES, and 1300INT sits at 260% - so with better gear and more levels you can catch up with us :)

Cheers!

thank you for replying, my friend! my last post didnt get replies :(

ok, i'll keep at it, im hoping to hit lvl 80 by tomorrow, will try uber lab then.

my main problem is that i cant balance my gloves, belt and boots.

high int + moderate ES (im searching for 100 ES) items are hard to find.

i've used up all my spite essences trying to hit int + lightning resist on belt :/

my other options are to spend all my money (i've already spent close to 2 exalts... the MAXIMUM ever) to get those 3 slots (i'd say 30-50c total).

ouch... i just hope other ppl dont have as bad luck as me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info