[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
"
scrambled777 wrote:
Is it just me or is Izaro not reliably face-tankable with 7.4k ES? He's got essence and charge disruptors today, and I made sure to minimize his charges, but kept all three essences. Even though he's only half buffed, he still one shot me on two separate occasions with his sword slash attack.

I've killed him before only once but with no buffs. He didn't seem as much of an issue during then.

What flasks u popped up?
Atziri+Granite+Basalt? What about Fortify?

I do run with Fortify but no defensive flasks aside from Ruby for reflect. Maybe they are required if running Uber Izaro with extra keys. I was so used to face-tanking T15 bosses while ignoring most of the mechanics but Izaro with extra keys does not seem so forgiving with lax gameplay and preparation.

"
Jenova798 wrote:
I'd really appreciate some tips on my build, 7K ES 5k tooltip on hideout-5.2k with warlord, yet im not able to deal with T16 bosses, Phoenix and Minotaur destroyed me and I havent tried the other 2 yet.

I can clear T15 without a single death, Uber lab, normal atziri and all t16 except boss.

I know have to change the boots, but anything 150ES with the res I need costs over 10ex...

My budget right now is 3-4ex...

I've only tried Minotaur twice, once with no mods which was a pretty simple kill and the second time as rare corrupted for the bonus (vulnerability, no regen among other mods). Second time was not as clean due to higher physical damage taken - I died twice but still managed to get him down just by face-tanking through all his mechanics and not dodging anything.

My stats are 7.4k ES and 6k hideout DPS with golem. Maybe your DPS is not high enough to be outleeching boss damage? I notice you don't have Catalyse in your skill tree. +20 int and 24% elemental damage is a lot better than those +10 int node you have going into the Shadow area.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Nov 6, 2016, 9:00:06 AM
"
Jenova798 wrote:
I'd really appreciate some tips on my build, 7K ES 5k tooltip on hideout-5.2k with warlord, yet im not able to deal with T16 bosses, Phoenix and Minotaur destroyed me and I havent tried the other 2 yet.

I can clear T15 without a single death, Uber lab, normal atziri and all t16 except boss.

I know have to change the boots, but anything 150ES with the res I need costs over 10ex...

My budget right now is 3-4ex...

Lvl 3 more levels (better 4, depends on what jewel socket you will be able to take). Take The Catalyse passive, take left bottom jewel socket Str -> Int. So follow the tree better

Find ideal Pyre (no more than 1-3c)

20q and 20 lvl all your gems (VERY important)

Zealoth Oath doesn't work with Vaal Pact "If the players also has Vaal Pact, it takes priority and will not regenerate ES."

Other gear pieces are pretty ok (you will be able to get 1500+ int)

All guardians fights are extremely skill based for the build. You should find your own way.

What am i doing? Stop, think, swap Orb of storms to tri curse setup (should be casted by hands, don't work with cwdt), enable purity dependes on boss (Lightning on Mino, Fire on Phoenix, Hydra is cold but she is harder than shaper, Chimera will leave you with big mana pool). ConcEffect instead of IncAoE.

Okay, than fights.

The hardest part on Mino is to begin, try to avoid his first roll attack. Than cast/flasks (light res is important, basalt+granite)/orb/fortify and all of this in 1 sec.

Chimera is easy, cast, flasks(basalt+granite), on the trash you need some cast around to slow-down everything. Don't forget about fortify and orb. Drink quicksilver on clouds phase and pray.

Phoenix is mods depended. Sometimes you need to avoid his AllahuAkbar attack and Cyclone. Cast all on him, and around during the BOOM (he invulnerable?). So mb you need 3 fire res flasks.

Avoid Hydra, sell all lairs, buy mino's.

And keep calm 2-3 death's is ok :D
Just sink that you are refilling flasks
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 6, 2016, 9:05:50 AM
"
scrambled777 wrote:
I do run with Fortify but no defensive flasks aside from Ruby for reflect. Maybe they are required if running Uber Izaro with extra keys. I was so used to face-tanking T15 bosses while ignoring most of the mechanics but Izaro with extra keys does not seem so forgiving with lax gameplay and preparation.

Okay, try them Atziri+Granite(%armour+duration)+Basalt(FreezeImmune+duration)+sulphur (with mods depended on buffs)+ one more(mb movement?)

This isn't the best UberFarmer, but i was able to do 4keys (Essences+curses(just bring curse immune flask)).

Tanky melee/totems with crazy attack speed for movement (and pure movement 30%boots (50% with sevenstep), devoto 20%, up to 5% on belt, some ms on tree) are better. I was able to do 4key shaper with 5l Kondo's Pride berserker 6k life. But every run was under 8 minutes, so that's ok.
"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
"
scrambled777 wrote:

Okay, try them Atziri+Granite(%armour+duration)+Basalt(FreezeImmune+duration)+sulphur (with mods depended on buffs)+ one more(mb movement?)

This isn't the best UberFarmer, but i was able to do 4keys (Essences+curses(just bring curse immune flask)).

Tanky melee/totems with crazy attack speed for movement (and pure movement 30%boots (50% with sevenstep), devoto 20%, up to 5% on belt, some ms on tree) are better. I was able to do 4key shaper with 5l Kondo's Pride berserker 6k life. But every run was under 8 minutes, so that's ok.

I may have to run your flask suggestions the next time I try Uber Lab with buffs on. And yes I do agree that Whispering Ice is kind of klunky for farming Izaro. I find my Queen of the Forest Assassin to be more efficient. Being able to dodge everything with high MS is a lot more efficient method of doing Izaro than trying to tank through the high damage spikes.

But I think I've grown addicted to the lazier Whispering Ice gameplay where you only have to use like three skills instead of like eight.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Nov 6, 2016, 9:30:31 AM
"
scrambled777 wrote:
I've only tried Minotaur twice, once with no mods which was a pretty simple kill and the second time as rare corrupted for the bonus (vulnerability, no regen among other mods). Second time was not as clean due to higher physical damage taken - I died twice but still managed to get him down just by face-tanking through all his mechanics and not dodging anything.

My stats are 7.4k ES and 6k hideout DPS with golem. Maybe your DPS is not high enough to be outleeching boss damage? I notice you don't have Catalyse in your skill tree. +20 int and 24% elemental damage is a lot better than those +10 int node you have going into the Shadow area.

"
_Slaviator_ wrote:

Lvl 3 more levels (better 4, depends on what jewel socket you will be able to take). Take The Catalyse passive, take left bottom jewel socket Str -> Int. So follow the tree better

Find ideal Pyre (no more than 1-3c)

20q and 20 lvl all your gems (VERY important)

Zealoth Oath doesn't work with Vaal Pact "If the players also has Vaal Pact, it takes priority and will not regenerate ES."

Other gear pieces are pretty ok (you will be able to get 1500+ int)

All guardians fights are extremely skill based for the build. You should find your own way.

What am i doing? Stop, think, swap Orb of storms to tri curse setup (should be casted by hands, don't work with cwdt), enable purity dependes on boss (Lightning on Mino, Fire on Phoenix, Hydra is cold but she is harder than shaper, Chimera will leave you with big mana pool). ConcEffect instead of IncAoE.

Okay, than fights.

The hardest part on Mino is to begin, try to avoid his first roll attack. Than cast/flasks (light res is important, basalt+granite)/orb/fortify and all of this in 1 sec.

Chimera is easy, cast, flasks(basalt+granite), on the trash you need some cast around to slow-down everything. Don't forget about fortify and orb. Drink quicksilver on clouds phase and pray.

Phoenix is mods depended. Sometimes you need to avoid his AllahuAkbar attack and Cyclone. Cast all on him, and around during the BOOM (he invulnerable?). So mb you need 3 fire res flasks.

Avoid Hydra, sell all lairs, buy mino's.

And keep calm 2-3 death's is ok :D
Just sink that you are refilling flasks

- Took Catalyse
- Omw to level 90
- Started casting orb of storm against bosses (I wasnt doing this)
- Getting 21/20 (got 3 on 21 today)
- Followed your advices vs Mino and Phoenix

Now I can easily farm Mino deathless and almost deathless Phoenix (which always kill me because Leap Slam takes a while to be used when casting icestorm, but with a bit more of practice i will do this boss deathless)

Still a lot of work to do, but im really happy that I can do Mino-phoenix easily now...

Btw, got this enchantment on helmet, I think its really nice for this build: +150% Increased effect of fire golem buff.

Thank you guys.
Last edited by Jenova798 on Nov 6, 2016, 7:45:23 PM
"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
So, do you have in mind some better use of 4l than immortal call cwdt?
Golems all are completely useless.

Tried 3 vaal disciplines + duration - and it's ok, but sometimes game can't stop and keeps casting when i press vaal discipline.

Decoy totem only makes me angry
Wither totem dies from first arrow

I haven't tried anything else yet. But I did notice in my own videos that the golem is dead almost all the time and it doesn't matter. This build is still very new and it's just a copy of the Scion/Witch build applied to Templar. But it looks like some of the things that work well for them don't matter here, like the golem for which they have nice Ascendancy nodes and the Templar doesn't.

New ideas are always welcome.

"
Why do we use the Spell Echo instead of Faster casting?
The second one gives more tooltip (no 0.9 multiplier to dmg) and faster playstyle Oo. But sometimes I feel lack in mana (not matter is it fc or se) don't know how to deal with it (For sure 4 lvl of Enlighten will help, but now i feel that

Tooltip is 1 hit damage. Spell Echo results in more casts per second = more dps.

"
Managed to get this one, what do you sink of trade 2% int on IncAoE 20%

That mod doesn't work. There is no socketed Icestorm gem. Also, 12% block is a pretty good implicit. I tried a 0.2% fire dmg leech vaal implicit, but it wasn't worth losing 12% block. We facetank, block is a big help.

"
Hmmm, what do you think of adding 4lvl Enhance in (2-3)curse setup.
It will give:
-12% slower enemies
-12% lower accuracy
-12% lower crit chance
-12% of all curses efectivness on top of all (like an additional enchant (36%, a bit more for sure) among all curses)

Enhance is an option for a 6L chest indeed. It just requires 6L, so it's a luxury option.

"
Ok, Fortify Slam isn't ok for me now, it's only 60% to hit (but on guardians it's really lower). For the movement skill it's sososo SLOW. Looking to change it.
Vigiliant strike is 100% Fortify with unavoidable attack.

Have you tried Vigilant Strike? It's terrible. You need accuracy to land it. Leap Slam is very good against packs: you leap into a pack and you always get Fortify by hitting multiple targets. Against a boss it may take 2-3 tries. But I haven't found any better alternative. Earthquake is decent, but you have to time it well and it's not a movement skill (and neither is Vigilant Strike).

"
I'm using swap weapon for cull only on Shaper (so for general mapping will add fast movement skill there, keep searching good and fast setup)

I'm mapping with the MF/Cull weapon and only swap to the main DPS weapon for the bosses to bring them low before culling them. There is no good movement skill that can be used with a staff. Flame Dash is OK but limited to 3 casts + 3 sec cooldown.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 7, 2016, 4:24:42 PM
"
intre wrote:
Why no Perandus Signet + Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire instead of Pyre? I've tested it some months ago and I was doing more dps without Pyre.

On what character? The Scion version uses AoF+CtF+Perandus. It's worth using when you have something like 1800 Int (Scion has a lot more Int than the others). But with 1500 Int you do much better with Pyre+CD+2 skill points.

"
Did you think about using Valyrium?

See Q&A

"
scrambled777 wrote:
Is it just me or is Izaro not reliably face-tankable with 7.4k ES? He's got essence and charge disruptors today, and I made sure to minimize his charges, but kept all three essences. Even though he's only half buffed, he still one shot me on two separate occasions with his sword slash attack.

I've killed him before only once but with no buffs. He didn't seem as much of an issue during then.

See the Boss Guide.

You can bring additional flasks to tank him with full buffs on a bad day. But it's easier to just dodge him in this situation.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 7, 2016, 1:42:23 AM
Hey.
What do you think, its a good starting build for a fresh league ?
and what do you think about Emperor's Mastery jewel ?

got some upgrades on gear, build is awesome.

Spoiler

[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Last edited by cr4ck4r on Nov 7, 2016, 7:38:16 PM
Ive been loving this version of WI so far. Thanks a lot for the guide!

I know curses are very strong right now but Im wondering how would an opal ring with int, flat es, some res, and % ES on it fair against not running a Doedres? Im not certain of it but Im guessing Enfeeble is stronger than Temporal Chains and if that were/werent the case how would losing either compare against a really good opal ring?

Thanks for your time!

"
cr4ck4r wrote:
Hey.
What do you think, its a good starting build for a fresh league ?
and what do you think about Emperor's Mastery jewel ?

The concept of 'good starting build' is too subjective for me to judge. It depends on your goals and your play time. If you are racing towards something like Uber Atziri in a new league then this is not a good build for this. Or the first lv 100. Or the first HC Shaper kill. But if you like this build, you can start playing it quickly. Farming up several c and alc to buy the leveling gear is up to your personal skill/expertise at starting in a new league. I know people who have been playing this build (Scion and then Witch) from day 1 of the Perandus, Prophecy and Essence leagues and enjoyed it. Now there is the Templar version as well.

Emperor's Mastery is the BiS jewel for this build. But the design of obtaining it is fucked up. I don't want to support this design, so I'm not going to include this jewel in my builds or recommend anybody to pay for it and support the guy who is cockblocking everybody from obtaining it. It's a luxury upgrade and you have zero chance of getting it yourself without buying it.

"
Duxryu wrote:
I know curses are very strong right now but Im wondering how would an opal ring with int, flat es, some res, and % ES on it fair against not running a Doedres? Im not certain of it but Im guessing Enfeeble is stronger than Temporal Chains and if that were/werent the case how would losing either compare against a really good opal ring?

Indeed, Enfeeble > TC. You don't need TC for any maps up to T15, nor for Uber Lab or Uber Atziri. But it matters a lot in the endgame. Rigwald, Hydra, Shaper would be quite a bit harder without TC.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 1:37:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info