Mechanical Questions Thread

How does Inquisitors Inevitable Judgement - " Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances " interact with elemental Penetration?

Example: Monster has 85% Cold Resistance (capped at 75%?) -
I crit with a cold spell supported py cold penetration with 38% penetration and no other penetration sources. For this example there are no other modifiers.
Do I inflict 100% of the damage or 138% or something totaly different?

Would the result be different if the Monster would have no Cold Resistance at all?
Is the Bow damage from the "100% More Bow Damage at Close Range" mod on Chin Sol secondary damage like projectile damage and does therefore apply to poison?
"
Shimawa wrote:
If i dual wield dreamfeather's do i get "1% increased Attack Damage per 450 Evasion Rating" 2% per 450 eva?

Naturally.
"
Steiner1 wrote:
How does Inquisitors Inevitable Judgement - " Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances " interact with elemental Penetration?

It doesn't. You ignore Resistances, so anything that affects Resistances is entirely obsolete.
"
tzuiop wrote:
Is the Bow damage from the "100% More Bow Damage at Close Range" mod on Chin Sol secondary damage like projectile damage and does therefore apply to poison?

1. Projectile Damage is not Secondary Damage.
There are four sources of Damage: Attack, spell, secondary and Damage over Time. Secondary contains any Hit that is not Spell or Attack Damage, such as Bear Trap or Infernal Blow's explosions.
Next is Damage type; Physical, Elemental (and thus also Fire/Cold/Lightning), Chaos.
Lastsly, there's the miscellaneous grab bag that doesn't really a have a name. This collection of modifiers includes Projectile, Mine, Minion, Area, all that stuff. Only this last category is transferable.

2. Bows are Weapons. Weapon is implicitly Attack. As such, it falls under the first category of Damage specification.
If it was Projectile Damage, it would be listed as such.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 4, 2016, 6:25:03 AM
Does anyone know if the "Explosives Expert" node in the Saboteur Ascendancy applies to "Traps" within the Labyrinth?
IGN: Ikbosh
This will be a bit of a long post so please be patient with me.

I am trying a bow raider build right now on prophecy softcore.
I got Quartz Infusion and Avatar of the veil nodes.
The quartz infusion states that I have phasing while on max frenzy charges however, all I get is a 3 seconds phasing buff(same as the 1 I get from killing a unit on 20% chance).
Is that how this was intended?
It also says you have phasing while you have onslaught.
I tried the onslaught flash and also tried Death Rush unique ring(it gives you onslaught for 2 seconds on kill) and I didn't get phasing while I am at it.
Is this a bug or does this only work with onslaught from the other ascendancy?
If so then that node would basically be useless......

The next part is about phasing effects.
Avatar of the veil gives 20% movement speed - immunity to elemental status aliments - 10% chance to dodge spells while phasing which is great.
The problem is those buffs don't work when I use the phasing flask ???!!!!!!
Also I tried using phase run to apply the stated buffs but it didn't work.
Maybe the phase run skill has different mechanics so it doesn't work with the phasing from the ascendancy but all the other stuff doesn't make sense.

What I need is for someone to clarify for me how raider ascendancy mechanics work(specifically phasing and onslaught related mechanics) because I had very high hopes for the build I am making but it seems it won't make it at all :(
You do have permanent Phasing, you can always move through enemies and trigger all while-Phasing bonuses when you're at maximum Frenzy Charges. The three-second Buff you see (which turns your character transparent) is the on-Kill Buff.

You are already getting the stated bonuses when you're at max Frenzy Charges, so getting additional sources of Phasing does nothing for you.
En.Shield Recharge is Recovery?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Is Warchief Totem affected by the Melee weapon and unarmed range of "Master of the Arena"?
IG: LastBOSSop
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You do have permanent Phasing, you can always move through enemies and trigger all while-Phasing bonuses when you're at maximum Frenzy Charges. The three-second Buff you see (which turns your character transparent) is the on-Kill Buff.

You are already getting the stated bonuses when you're at max Frenzy Charges, so getting additional sources of Phasing does nothing for you.

Thanks alot.
I didn't see any buffs on me so I thought the phasing and it's effects won't work.
But I've tested it and it's just like you stated.

Cheers :D
Hello.

Im not sure if this question not was already, so.

Can you explain to me, does quality on Vaal Righteous Fire gem affect damage of Vaal Righteous Fire itself?

And what value of ES is taken for calculating the damage if my char is CI? Always maximum for the energy shield or the value at the time of use of the skill?
Last edited by Regtrag on Jul 4, 2016, 10:53:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info