Mechanical Questions Thread

1. Will the duration of status ailments factor in damage dealt to mana? I'm guessing yes, but not actually sure.

2. Is the block penalty of acrobatics applied before or after the cap? Aka, can I still reach max block with acrobatics by allocating around 110% block chance, theoretically?
(I asked that before, but it was probably overlooked. Or maybe no one knew, in which case I apologize.)

3. How will the above apply to spell block derived from block? Say, could X == 85% block with a 78% cap still factor in 85% for Y = 20% of X?

Thanks in advance.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Ok, got a couple random ones.

1. Can on-hit effects like Shock or Stun trigger on instakills? E.g. if I cast Arc + Innervate, and it instantly kills an enemy, can it proc the Onslaught? Or if I oneshot a monster with Heavy Strike + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, will I get a charge?

2. How do spells triggered by trigger gems such as CWDT determine what to target? Obviously when it's a monster that's still alive, it will target that, but what about:
- When the damage originiates from a now dead monster? (e.g. Spark skelly fires projectile, dies, then the projectile hits you and triggers CWDT)
- When the damage is done by a minion, will the spell target the minion or the one that summoned it?
- What about traps/mines?
- etc.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
1. Will the duration of status ailments factor in damage dealt to mana? I'm guessing yes, but not actually sure.

2. Is the block penalty of acrobatics applied before or after the cap? Aka, can I still reach max block with acrobatics by allocating around 110% block chance, theoretically?
(I asked that before, but it was probably overlooked. Or maybe no one knew, in which case I apologize.)

3. How will the above apply to spell block derived from block? Say, could X == 85% block with a 78% cap still factor in 85% for Y = 20% of X?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes
2. Before, it's just one formula in which few numbers are being multiplied.
3. Not sure but most likely yes, the same principle with resists. They are capped at 75% but you still can have more.
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
In the past (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/986804#p8378707) you said 'what deals it' modifiers increases Damage of Time:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There are (since the DoT refactor) four sources of damage:
1) Attack Damage (includes any attack-only modifiers such as melee) - always has base damage come from a weapon.
2) Spell Damage. Base comes from the skill, affected by spell modifiers.
3) "Secondary" Damage. Not affected by spell or attack modifiers, but still hits. Used for stuff like the explosion from Infernal Blow.
4) Damage over time. Not affected by spell or attack modifiers (because it's a separate class of damage), but anything that cares about the type of damage (fire, elemental, chaos, etc), or what deals it (trap, minion) will apply.

Is this still true? Are 'area' and 'projectile' damage modifiers counted as 'what deals it'?
After taking a long pause i wanted to check out poe and its ascendancies. My question concerns the stacking mechanic of certain damage modifiers from nodes in the ascendancy trees.

All modifiers of "X increased Damage" should do stack additively with each other, but im am not certain if this rule also applies to nodes like:

- Ngamahu (Chieftain)
- Unyielding (Juggernaut)
- Gratuious Violence & Blood in the eyes (gladiator)
....and so on.

All those mechanics imply that the player has to debuff his enemies to benefit from the effect similar to a curse. Additionally the values seem a bit low for stacking additively.

Can someone help me out on this?
Hey Mark,

I think this is the correct place for this question, as I haven't found any answers anywhere else nor do i have the answer myself.

Is there any mechanic in the game, or possibly combinations of mechanics that would allow me to stop my DoT damage from killing enemies, or limits the conditions under which this damage type can kill enemies? I am creating a build that will be decent, fun to play, and pretty strong. But if there was any way to stop DoT damage from killing enemies in the way that Southbond only lets you kill enemies with 'hits' when they are frozen...it would make this build amazing and it's something Iv'e always wanted to do.

TLDR: IS there any way to make it so that only my 'hits' can kill enemies? Even if only under certain circumstances?

Thanks,
If i dual wield dreamfeather's do i get "1% increased Attack Damage per 450 Evasion Rating" 2% per 450 eva?
Last edited by Shimawa on Jul 3, 2016, 7:57:14 PM
where i can find "Pure Brutality" passive node?
i try searching in poeplanner but no result

also wiki didn't specify a character type which means its global

also, will vaal pact+endless hunger nodes can work together?
███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi
"
kentpachi wrote:
also, will vaal pact+endless hunger nodes can work together?
they will but what's the point? well, except for that extra overkill leech.

Philkingz, if it is "increased" then it stacks additively. No exceptions to this rule AFAIK.
(although increases to damage taken by monsters - shock, for example - are effectively multiplicative with (sum of)your damage increases, but that's because they are applied to different entities. in scope of single entity, increases are always added, never multiplied)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:

Philkingz, if it is "increased" then it stacks additively. No exceptions to this rule AFAIK.
(although increases to damage taken by monsters - shock, for example - are effectively multiplicative with (sum of)your damage increases, but that's because they are applied to different entities. in scope of single entity, increases are always added, never multiplied)

Thanks for your answer, Silumit. I am still confused.
"Increased damage against Burning/Bleeding enemies" implies that i am debuffing my enemy before getting increased damage. The reasonable conclusion would be that i make it vulnerable to my attacks, hence it would be multiplicatively. The comparison to shock supports that notion. So when do i know if my debuffing does actually just buff myself and when does it really debuff?
So im still not sure if those nodes work on other entites or not.

In this regard i make my question more accurate:

"
Are Nodes like

- Ngamahu (Chieftain)
- Unyielding (Juggernaut)
- Gratuious Violence & Blood in the eyes (gladiator)

real debuff mechanics or hidden selfbuffs cloaked as faked-debuff mechanics?

Thanks for having the patience with me.
Last edited by Philkingz on Jul 4, 2016, 6:11:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info