Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Spíte wrote:
Hi Mark

If one curses an enemie with Projectile Weakness, does that scale up the damage (due to inc. damage taken) of secondary effects of projectiles, such as the explosions of Kinetic Blast or the DoT of Essence Drain (also when it is spread by Contaigon)?

Projectile Weakness doesn't affect your damage, only the damage taken. This means it can't "double-dip", it only increases projectile damage a target takes.
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
"

Phasing itself doesn't have any visual effects so you have it but you can't see it.

Is it only the phasing flask that gives the phasing visual then?

"
CoC rolls for every critical hit. Note that there is a 50ms cooldown time, so that if you hit multiple targets instantly it will roll only once. For Barrage it can roll on every hit but not more than 1 time every 50ms.

Wait, so if my barrage shoots 20 projectiles, and all of them crits, does that mean all of them have the possibility to proc CoC if they are hitting 50ms or more after eachother?
"
Freeeeez wrote:
"
Spíte wrote:
Hi Mark

If one curses an enemie with Projectile Weakness, does that scale up the damage (due to inc. damage taken) of secondary effects of projectiles, such as the explosions of Kinetic Blast or the DoT of Essence Drain (also when it is spread by Contaigon)?

Projectile Weakness doesn't affect your damage, only the damage taken. This means it can't "double-dip", it only increases projectile damage a target takes.

I wasn't asking about "double-dip". My question was if the secondary effects of projectile attacks/spells (explosions of Kinetic Blast or the DoT of Essence Drain) also benefits from the Projectile Weakness modification "Cursed enemies take (25 to 44)% increased Damage from Projectiles".
So if I hit an enemy indirectly with the explosion, not with the initial hit, will it benefit from the curse on that enemy? And for Essence Drain, will Projectile Weakness increase the DoT a Monster takes, even if it wasn't hit by Essence Drain (since ED has the Projectile tag).

I hope it's clear now :)

Edit: Because, as far as I know, Kinetic Blasts explosion and Essence Drains DoT benefit from projectile damage increases. And that even thought that an Essence Drain spread by Contaigon is clearly no Projectile. And a AoE explosion (KB) isn't a Projectile either. So the monster actually isn't hit by a projectile, in case of the secondary effects of the skills.
Last edited by Spíte on Jul 2, 2016, 6:22:51 AM
"
Is it only the phasing flask that gives the phasing visual then?

Phase Run aswell and maybe something else. It's important to note that these visual effects do not show phasing, they show you are under an effect of a flask or a skill.

"
Wait, so if my barrage shoots 20 projectiles, and all of them crits, does that mean all of them have the possibility to proc CoC if they are hitting 50ms or more after eachother?
Yes and that's what actually will happen because 50ms is a really small period of time. But if your barrage has piercing and it hits 2 targets standing next to each other, then CoC will roll only once due to cooldown.

"
Spíte wrote:
I wasn't asking about "double-dip". My question was if the secondary effects of projectile attacks/spells (explosions of Kinetic Blast or the DoT of Essence Drain) also benefits from the Projectile Weakness modification "Cursed enemies take (25 to 44)% increased Damage from Projectiles".
So if I hit an enemy indirectly with the explosion, not with the initial hit, will it benefit from the curse on that enemy? And for Essence Drain, will Projectile Weakness increase the DoT a Monster takes, even if it wasn't hit by Essence Drain (since ED has the Projectile tag).

I hope it's clear now :)

Edit: Because, as far as I know, Kinetic Blasts explosion and Essence Drains DoT benefit from projectile damage increases. And that even thought that an Essence Drain spread by Contaigon is clearly no Projectile. And a AoE explosion (KB) isn't a Projectile either. So the monster actually isn't hit by a projectile, in case of the secondary effects of the skills.

Yes, I understand your question. The reason I answered that way is because you mixed 2 different mechanics. I agree my answer was unclear and I'll try to explain it more detailed now.

About Projectile Weakness:
It specially states "increased Damage from Projectiles" instead of "increased Projectile Damage". These are 2 different modifiers, the 1st one affects damage made by projectiles themselves, the other one affects all damage delivered by a projectile (its own damage and other damage, that's connected to it).

Additional info on double dipping:
In your examples KB explosions and ED DoT benefit from Projectile Damage because they are created by projectiles, but the original damage of these projectiles also benefit from Projectile Damage. That means that 1 modifier increases damage twice, which is called "double dipping". But Projectile Damage itself doesn't directly increase secondary damage or DoT, and it won't increase these damage sources from non-projectile skills such as Vortex.

Again, projectile damage is not a type of damage, it refers to a delivery system (projectile) and thus can affect all types and sources of damage. The types are: physical, cold, lightning, fire, chaos. The sources are: attack, spell, secondary, damage over time. I hope that clarifies why projectile damage increase KB explosions and ED DoT.

As I said earlier, these mechanics only take place when you shoot a projectile, not when it hits a target, because it calculates how much damage you deal, not how much damage a target takes. Therefore modifiers to damage taken affect how much damage a target takes, not how much you deal.

Last edited by Freeeeez on Jul 2, 2016, 8:15:06 AM
Hi there :)

I have a 2 questions about "Commander of Darkness" mechanics.
If I have understood it correctly "Commander of Darkness" adds additional effect to the existing aura effect:

lvl 7 Vitality + CommOfDark:
*1% life regen
*10% incr. DMG
*5% incr. atk and cast speed
*20% all res.

As far as I know the effect of CommOfDark is stackable because its added to each aura.

So what i want to ask is:
1) Blasphemy support gem. "Supported curse spells are cast as auras" is that mean that this curses are affected by CommOfDark?
If the answer is "Yes" then there is a bug because right now it's not working like that.

2) Are the 20% all res also added to each aura U cast?
If the answer is "Yes" then there is another bug because this also is not working as intended.

I have a Necromancer in the softcore prophecy league and currently using Vitality and Discipline .I receive the offence bonuses for both of the auras but i don't receive 2nd 20% all ress ... but befor that i think i try 2 auras and i get 40% all res.

Can someone enlighten me please :D
"
KoTKoHe wrote:
Hi there :)

I have a 2 questions about "Commander of Darkness" mechanics.
If I have understood it correctly "Commander of Darkness" adds additional effect to the existing aura effect:

lvl 7 Vitality + CommOfDark:
*1% life regen
*10% incr. DMG
*5% incr. atk and cast speed
*20% all res.

As far as I know the effect of CommOfDark is stackable because its added to each aura.

So what i want to ask is:
1) Blasphemy support gem. "Supported curse spells are cast as auras" is that mean that this curses are affected by CommOfDark?
If the answer is "Yes" then there is a bug because right now it's not working like that.

2) Are the 20% all res also added to each aura U cast?
If the answer is "Yes" then there is another bug because this also is not working as intended.

I have a Necromancer in the softcore prophecy league and currently using Vitality and Discipline .I receive the offence bonuses for both of the auras but i don't receive 2nd 20% all ress ... but befor that i think i try 2 auras and i get 40% all res.

Can someone enlighten me please :D

1: Your minions, nor you, are affected by the curses you cast. Even if they are cast as auras.
2: "You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to all Elemental Resistances" Keywoard here is "auras". It does not say that "your auras grant 20% ele res" but that when something is affected by your auras (plural, so one or more) gets +20% ele res.
"
Freeeeez wrote:
[...]affects all damage delivered by a projectile (its own damage and other damage, that's connected to it).[...]

I think I got it now. So that said:
If a monster, cursed with Projectile Weakness, takes damage from Essence Drain, that was spread to it by Contaigon (not hit by the Essence Drain projectile), then will be delivered increased DoT to him. So that way he takes increased Damage over Time due to Projectile Weakness without being hit after all.
That's right now?

Thank you very much, Freeeeez :)
"
Spíte wrote:
"
Freeeeez wrote:
[...]affects all damage delivered by a projectile (its own damage and other damage, that's connected to it).[...]

I think I got it now. So that said:
If a monster, cursed with Projectile Weakness, takes damage from Essence Drain, that was spread to it by Contaigon (not hit by the Essence Drain projectile), then will be delivered increased DoT to him. So that way he takes increased Damage over Time due to Projectile Weakness without being hit after all.
That's right now?

No, that's actually the opposite of what I'm trying to say.

Once again, "increased Damage from Projectiles" is NOT the same as "increased Projectile Damage". "increased Damage from Projectiles" only increases damage taken from projectile hits, not debuffs or anything else.
Do you still inflict the bleeding/poison status effect (damageless) if you lack the required converted damage type?

IE, what is the result of using Fidelitas' Spike with viper strike, will your friends using a growing agony jewel still get stacking damage increases from your 0/0 phys/chaos damage "poisons"? Or IE, will flame totem apply stacks of 0 damage poisons?
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jul 2, 2016, 9:17:30 PM
How often game updates monsters' stats values? In particular, those stats affected by party size?
Say, i am in 6ppl party and enter the map:
1)I enter alone - are monsters x1, cause i am alone in a map, or x6 already since its a 6ppl party?
2)2nd member enters map - are monsters x2, cause 2nd party member entered the map, or they are still x6 from q.1)?
3)2nd member leaves map - are monsters reveted back to x1 OR stay x2 OR stay x6? Is changes, if any, immidiate or take some time to adjust?

Also, how far does game calculate mobs values?
Say, if 5ppl leave map before boss room, would boss be
1)weaker, cause ppl left map?
2)stay the same, cause there were 6ppl in the map?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info