Mechanical Questions Thread

Hey Mark,

I think this is the correct place for this question, as I haven't found any answers anywhere else nor do i have the answer myself.

Is there any mechanic in the game, or possibly combinations of mechanics that would allow me to stop my DoT damage from killing enemies, or limits the conditions under which this damage type can kill enemies? I am creating a build that will be decent, fun to play, and pretty strong. But if there was any way to stop DoT damage from killing enemies in the way that Southbond only lets you kill enemies with 'hits' when they are frozen...it would make this build amazing and it's something Iv'e always wanted to do.

TLDR: IS there any way to make it so that only my 'hits' can kill enemies? Even if only under certain circumstances?

Thanks,
Can you please fully explain in detail how the interaction with unique affixes on Daresso's Defiance and Cast While Damaage Taken + Immortal Call works? I've heard different things from multiple sources with no definitive explanation. Please set the record straight.
I have a question about conversion:
When I have Burning Arrow and link it with Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage I get 50% of Physical Damage as Fire Damage, and 50% of Physical Damage as Lightning Damage, for a total of 100% of Physical Damage converted to an element.

Now if I press Vessel of Vinktar(with 50% Flask Effectiveness) with 20% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage, I get lower Fire Damage, but more Lightning Damage, still for a total of 100% of Physical Damage.

I get 31% of Physical Damage as Fire Damage, and 69% of Physical Damage as Lightning Damage when I press Vinktars with 20% conversion and 50% Flask Effectiveness, as opposed to the 50/50 before.

Why is this? According to the Wiki, the conversion priority should be Skill Gem > Support Gem > Anything else.

More Info:
(Note: Using a level 12 Physical to Lightning Support with 21% of Phys Dmg as Extra Lightning Damage)
(Also, with the first picture I use a white Basalt Flask to get the 40% Increased Elemental Damage from the Pathfinder node Master Alchemist.)
Without Vessel of Vinktar I have(Picture is of Stat Sheet): http://puu.sh/pN6cd/f67d9bf59b.jpg
Total Combined Damage: 1466-4228
Fire Damage: 606-1747
Lightning Damage: 860-2481

With Vessel of Vinktar I have(Picture is of Stat Sheet): http://puu.sh/pN6db/a28a34ba3c.jpg
Total Combined Damage: 1466-4228
Fire Damage: 376-1083
Lightning Damage: 1090-3145

I have 50% Flask Effectiveness, which buffs the Vinktar to 30% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage. So my first thought was that Vinktar had priority, but that's not the case as that would be (50*0.7=35, which is not the 31% it should be)

The Burning Arrow Gem I use is level 15, which gives it a Base Attack Damage of 175.2% (Which I think is rounded to 175%) I have 139-401 Physical Damage, with a 3.67 multiplier, and then the 175% from the Base Attack Damage, giving me (139*3.67*1.75=892.7275, which is rounded to 893) if we do the same with the Top End, we get 893-2575 Physical Damage.

I have a 4.98 Fire and Lightning Projectile Attack Bow multiplier, which, if we only have the 50% Physical Converted the calculation for the Low End Fire Damage should be something like: (139*0.5)*4.98*1.75=605.6925, which then is rounded to 606. So the damage we gain without Vessel of Vinktar is correct.

When we add a level 12 Physical to Lightning Support, the calculation for the Low End Lightning Damage would be: ((139*0.5)+(139*0.21))*4.98*1.75=860.08335, which is then rounded to 860. Which is also correct.(the 0.21 is from the 21% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage from the Support Gem)

So how come my fire damage is lowered?
Last edited by hamudra on Jul 1, 2016, 7:45:20 PM
Does monster damage get snapshotted if I pop Taste of Hate between them attaking/casting and scoring the hit on me? Or, since it's me modifying how I take my damage, can I use ToH to mitigate damage even after monsters start an action against me (e.g. rhoa charge)?

Thanks!! Awesome thread!!
hey guys looking to see if anyone has info on phasing... is there a visual que that you can see when phasing is active, from a source like ascent from flesh belt or a flask? does a icon appear on the top of the screen to show phasing is active? whats the duration of phasing when activated by a source like ascent from flesh? any info will help, the wiki is a little lite on detail and support sent me here....
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
Hey, am I too late for this? I just started a new character, thinking that i wanted to make a CoC build. I have some questions regarding this though;

I want to use barrage for the triggering attack, but can CoC only proc on one of the barrage projectiles, or on all of them?

How does barrage roll crits? On the attack, or for every projectile?

If i am using a bow to trigger CoC, does "Knocks Back Enemies if you get a Critical Strike with a Bow" And / or "+X% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows" affect the spells cast through CoC?

That is it for that build, onto the next one!

Im running a lightning strike build. Double hyaon's, 8 frenzy charges as a raider. Since i take +48% damage through Hyaon's fury, i am trying to cap out both dodge and spell dodge. Raider has the "Avatar of the veil" node that says "10% chance to Dodge Spells while Phasing" and the Ascent from flesh belt that has the same effect, but with normal dodge. I'm also using the Quartz infusion node that says "You have Phasing while at maximum Frenzy Charges" to have 100% phasing uptime. How come the phasing visual effect is not active 100% of the time that I have max frenzy charges? Do I even have the phasing effects while the visual effect isn't active?

I think that is it for now, hope to get a reply soon (If this thread is still active) but focus on your work :)

Blade vortex + diamond flask/power charges.
Should i drink diamond flask when casting skill or when it deals damage?
If after casting i gained power charges, do already casted BV gets increased crit?
Does assassin's mark crit chance gets affected by 40% less crit chance and 100% more crit chance multipliers?
Also the thread said that flask effectives affects diamond flask. How exactly?

Damage has range of values. Like 1-2471. Do all those values have equal chance to get rolled? How does damage get rolled per use/per flat damage source/per type of damage?
is this The Ascetic
11% increased Quantity of Items found with a Magic Item equipped
mod for 1 magic item only or if have 5 magic effect is *5
effect superposition ?

"
Does monster damage get snapshotted if I pop Taste of Hate between them attaking/casting and scoring the hit on me? Or, since it's me modifying how I take my damage, can I use ToH to mitigate damage even after monsters start an action against me (e.g. rhoa charge)?

Thanks!! Awesome thread!!

ToH has nothing to do with the monster damage, it alters how you take damage.

"
pootie3030 wrote:
hey guys looking to see if anyone has info on phasing... is there a visual que that you can see when phasing is active, from a source like ascent from flesh belt or a flask? does a icon appear on the top of the screen to show phasing is active? whats the duration of phasing when activated by a source like ascent from flesh? any info will help, the wiki is a little lite on detail and support sent me here....

There is no special effect for phasing itself, only unique effects for Phase Run, flasks and maybe something else. Mark has already answered this question in this thread by the way.

"
Hey, am I too late for this? I just started a new character, thinking that i wanted to make a CoC build. I have some questions regarding this though;

I want to use barrage for the triggering attack, but can CoC only proc on one of the barrage projectiles, or on all of them?

How does barrage roll crits? On the attack, or for every projectile?

If i am using a bow to trigger CoC, does "Knocks Back Enemies if you get a Critical Strike with a Bow" And / or "+X% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows" affect the spells cast through CoC?

CoC rolls for every critical hit. Note that there is a 50ms cooldown time, so that if you hit multiple targets instantly it will roll only once. For Barrage it can roll on every hit but not more than 1 time every 50ms.

Crit is rolled before and for the whole attack. So either all prejectiles crit or none of them.

Modifiers to attack damage (in this case even more restricted for bows) cannot apply to spell damage.

"

Im running a lightning strike build. Double hyaon's, 8 frenzy charges as a raider. Since i take +48% damage through Hyaon's fury, i am trying to cap out both dodge and spell dodge. Raider has the "Avatar of the veil" node that says "10% chance to Dodge Spells while Phasing" and the Ascent from flesh belt that has the same effect, but with normal dodge. I'm also using the Quartz infusion node that says "You have Phasing while at maximum Frenzy Charges" to have 100% phasing uptime. How come the phasing visual effect is not active 100% of the time that I have max frenzy charges? Do I even have the phasing effects while the visual effect isn't active?

Phasing itself doesn't have any visual effects so you have it but you can't see it.

"
IamYourBABA wrote:
is this The Ascetic
11% increased Quantity of Items found with a Magic Item equipped
mod for 1 magic item only or if have 5 magic effect is *5
effect superposition ?

The effect doesn't stack, it only works once.
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
Last edited by Freeeeez on Jul 2, 2016, 4:50:21 AM
Hi Mark

If one curses an enemie with Projectile Weakness, does that scale up the damage (due to inc. damage taken) of secondary effects of projectiles, such as the explosions of Kinetic Blast or the DoT of Essence Drain (also when it is spread by Contaigon)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info