Mechanical Questions Thread

"
5tr1k3r wrote:
If I'm using Arc (a non-aoe skill) as an Elementalist, do "% increased radius of area skills" nodes on the tree affect Beacon of Ruin radius?

Naturally.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Regtrag wrote:
Can you explain to me, does quality on Vaal Righteous Fire gem affect damage of Vaal Righteous Fire itself?
And what value of ES is taken for calculating the damage if my char is CI? Always maximum for the energy shield or the value at the time of use of the skill?

1. Yes. It can't affect any other Skill.
2. Vaal RF deals Damage based on current Life + ES minus 1. If you have 10 ES left, VRF isn't going to save you.

Thank you very much for the clarification.
Last edited by Regtrag on Jul 5, 2016, 3:11:28 PM
Can someone explain Marc's answer to me - It seems i dont get the concept of earthquake at all. If you bother to answer, save us both the time and read the questions carefully - i may seem pedantic, but i already wasted 2 hours by reading through half the mechanical-question-thread.

"
"
"Completed 37 ChallengesWitchKiller wrote:
2. Earthquake's "Aftershock deals X% more damage". This is applied to the initial aftershock hit and any DoTs created by the aftershock hit

Marc's answer:
No. The aftershock is a specific part of the skill that hits things. Degens are inherently not the aftershock.

1. What is the "initial aftershock hit"? There is an initial hit of earthquake and its aftershock, but i dont get what witchkiller is refering to.

2. Does the aftershock damage simply equal the damage of the intial hit multiplied by X% more Damage?

3. If the answer to 2. is yes - can the aftershock initiate dots (ignite,...) with its full damage? ( 100 initial hit => 170 aftershock procs ignite [80% damage] = 80 or 136? )

4. If 2. is true, is the aftershock an autonomous hit or is it just a repeat of the initial earthquake hit modified by the more damage multiplier, but without any rights to role out other modifiers for itsself?
Dont get what i mean?
Autonomous Hit = it can crit on its own. Since the aftershockdamage equals the initial hit (which can crit), an autonomous aftershock hit could also crit, hence doubledip on critmechanics. If this is not the case, then this would explain the confusion about earthquake.
So, aftershock=autonomous hit |or| aftershock=repeat of initial modified by moredamage but not affected by anything else?
Last edited by Philkingz on Jul 6, 2016, 6:38:01 AM
Do movement skills accurately reflect your position while traveling or are you still considering at the starting location until the animation ends? As an example if I leap slam away from a volatile, but it detonates while I'm in the air, will it hit me as though I were still within its radius?
A couple questions about the Offering skills (Bone, Flesh, Spirit):

Do the offering skills work like "buffs" (applied at the moment of casting), or like "auras" (permanently giving bonuses as long as they're active)? I.e. if I cast an offering, and while it's active summon more minions, are the new minions affected by the offering?

Do offerings have any range limit, or do they affect all of my minions wherever they are? If they have a limited range, is this affected by increased AoE from tree/supports/gear?

Is there any upper limit on the number of corpses consumed/duration of an offering?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 6, 2016, 1:06:51 AM
Does the +0.5% critical strike chance per power charge from deadly infusion work by applying the base crit to the player or to all the player's skills.

More specifically I'm trying to increase a minion's crit chance. I already know that the increased crit chance in the tree doesn't work. Deadly Infusion seems different since it adds to the base crit. Not really sure since you also have stuff like Piercing Shots which adds pierce chance to minions.

Would it increase their crit by 1.5% if they had 3 power charges?
Would it increase by 2% if I had 4?
Would it not work in either situation, or both?
Last edited by LemonVillain77 on Jul 6, 2016, 1:27:07 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
A couple questions about the Offering skills (Bone, Flesh, Spirit):

Hey, I just tested the first and second part of your question, the 3rd part I was too lazy to try.

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Do the offering skills work like "buffs" (applied at the moment of casting), or like "auras" (permanently giving bonuses as long as they're active)? I.e. if I cast an offering, and while it's active summon more minions, are the new minions affected by the offering?

I summoned a few skeletons, then pressed Flesh Offering, and then summoned a few more skeletons, and the new skeletons got the buff as well, meaning it's more like an "aura".

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Do offerings have any range limit, or do they affect all of my minions wherever they are? If they have a limited range, is this affected by increased AoE from tree/supports/gear?

It seems like there is no range limit, there might be one that is extremely large. I tried this by using Flesh Offering on ~5 mobs for a close to 10s Duration and then run as far as I could in ~8s (pretty much half of City of Sarn with my 202% MS) and then summoned a few skeletons, and they still had the Flesh Offering Animation.

It could also be that they always show the animation but don't actually get the bonus, that I do not know, but it sounds unlikely.
Last edited by hamudra on Jul 6, 2016, 4:33:21 AM
Hey Mark! I have another question.

I am making a Damage Calculator Spreadsheet, and I've been stuck a few times on rounding errors, fixed most of them now except for 1(at least I hope it's only 1 x.x)(EXTREMELY)minor one that makes my DPS (as long as it's below 50k) 0.1 wrong (not %, but actually 0.1) in some cases. Currently doing the Damage Calculator for Bow only, but I've planned on expanding it to spells and other weapon types as well.

Want to clarify that all my numbers are the same as the in game stat sheet, so the problem(at least from what I can see) is somewhere in the final calculation.

In Game Character Stat Sheet: http://i.imgur.com/DJfzkmC.png
My Calculator Stat Sheet: http://i.imgur.com/nYzfNgE.png
As you can see in these 2 pictures, both have the exact same numbers, but in game I have 0.02 more DPS (I know it's extremely small, but I'd love for it to be 100% correct).

Now to my question; Would it be possible for you to tell us the actual order the damage is calculated in, and where roundings go?

Of course I understand that that answer would probably be quite long and difficult to answer, so I completely understand if it's not possible to get an answer.

The problem I fixed most recently was with Base Attack Damage on Gem being rounded with More Damage on support Gems(seemingly only More Damage and More Proj Damage, not More Phys or More Ele). So my 119% Lightning Arrow * the 28% More Proj Dmg from Pierce ends up being (1.19*1.28=1.5232, and then rounded to 1.52 for an even percentage of 52% more damage).

My current calculation is(with everything depending on what damage type it is):
A) round(BaseAttackDmg*MoreProj*MoreDamage)
B) A*MorePhys or A*MoreEle or A*MorePhys*MoreEle
C) B*(Increases)
D) round(C*AddedDamage)
E) (All different damage sources from D)/2
F) AverageDamage*AttacksPerSecond*Crit*ChanceToHit
And finally I round F to 2 decimals.

Or in more simpler terms: AvgDmg*APS*Crit*Hit

How I calculate the crit damage: ((TotalCritChance*(((CritMult)-100)/100))/100)+1
So with by 47.4% Crit Chance, and 408% Crit Mult, I get (47.4*(((408)-100)/100))/100)+1=2.45992
There's probably a much easier way to calculate it, but I'm pretty sure that this way still makes it correct

Thanks for your time,
Hamudra

EDIT:(NEVERMIND THIS) I just tried to brute force the way to the answer, and it seems like the problem comes when an aura or Herald is active. Still haven't figured out how to fix it, but at least I have another hint where it may come from.

EDIT 2: And with further testing, I found out that auras are not actually the source of the problem.
The way I brute forced was by trying all different combinations of AvgDmg*APS*Crit*Hit, with 0 rounding, rounding to 0 decimals, rounding to 1 decimal, and rounding to 2 decimals in between every possible combination for a ridiculously long list with only 9 working at the end, and then failing miserably after I tried different Auras and Gear.
Last edited by hamudra on Jul 6, 2016, 2:48:36 PM
"
Borehed wrote:

If I'll craft "+2 weapon range" on my coronal maul, will Ancestral Warchief totem benefit from this?

Hi! I just tested this in Normal Ledge by first removing the Master of the Arena node (which gives +2 Range to Melee Weapon and Unarmed), and then placing my totem and taking a print screen right when it attacks 25 times, and then taking the pictures (removing a few which were obviously attacking with shorter range than they should've) in photoshop and lining them over each other to see a final attack range. And then doing the same with the Master of the Arena node applied.

I used unarmed, which has a base Attack Range of 4, and 10% Area of Effect in total (didn't want to spend like 23 regrets to remove it kek)

It seems like it gains range, but an absolute minimal amount.

Pictures(Ignore the blue dots, they were just for me to find the middle of the screenshot to make it easier to find the pivit pointer)
Green = Without
Pink = With
Without Master of the Arena: http://i.imgur.com/nmFWvG5.png
With Master of the Arena: http://i.imgur.com/eMkTLVh.png

And showing without over with: http://i.imgur.com/c6x3NGD.png
Last edited by hamudra on Jul 6, 2016, 10:19:22 AM
"
Estroyer wrote:
a) Is it possible to finish the game without attacking or casting, ie relying on "thorns" reflect damage? I'm thinking of trying it out but some of the bosses might be spellcasters only and not melee?

Possible? Most likely, at least if you use Tempest Shield (if you consider that thorns, deals damage when you block) and get max block and spell block (75%). Your damage is going to be incredibly low though, but I assume you already know that.

There are of course some mobs you will most likely not be able to kill, such as high HP + life regen rares because your damage would be lacking.

"
Estroyer wrote:
b) Can damage reflect mods drop on normal difficulty twilight strand items outside of uniques? I'm thinking the only source of reflect to thorn hillock to death is by having bramblejack/goldrim/crown of thorns drop so I'm in for the long haul busting barrels, crates and rocks otherwise...

According to http://poeaffix.net/ Body Armours, Helmets, and Shields can get the prefix Thorny with an item level of 1. So it should be possible to find a blue or yellow item with thorns on them.
Last edited by hamudra on Jul 6, 2016, 8:32:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info