Mechanical Questions Thread

Doryani's Prototype

Does Penetrate effects such as Arcing Blows work with doryanis prototype when their resistance is set to -x?
Damage conversions interaction with Curses and Debuffs

I have a 100% fire damage conversion between the chieftain ascendancy and Tectonic Slam. I understand that according to Mark_GGG that since it was Phys, modifiers still apply to Phys damage to skill because It was Phys at one point.

I would like to know this same logic would apply to curse and Debuffs.

Ex1: Vulnerability
Cursed enemies take (30-39)% increased Physical Damage
Cursed Enemies have 20% chance to Bleed when Hit by Attacks
Attack Hits have 20% chance to Maim Cursed Enemies for 4 seconds
Cursed enemies take 30% increased Physical Damage from Damage Over Time

Here my attacks will apply a bleed and Maim. Will the debuff's to enemy Phys protection apply to my attacks, or will it be lost?

Ex2: Punishment
Cursed enemies grant (25-35)% more Melee Physical Damage on Melee hit
Cursed enemies grant (10-19)% increased Attack Speed on Melee hit
Buff is applied for a Base Duration of (9-10.9) seconds
Cursed enemies have -20% to Physical Damage Reduction

Here I would assume that the buff I receive from the enemy for more Phys damage would apply to my attack damage because it is applied to me directly. What is unclear is if the Debuff on the enemy would affect my attack in any way?

Ex3: Impale Support
Supported Attacks have 40% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit
Supported Attacks have (20-49)% increased Impale Effect
Supported Skills deal (5-15)% more Physical Damage
Impale Damage dealt to Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills Overwhelms 30% Physical Damage Reduction

My attack will apply the Impale, increased effect, and more Phys damage. Will the Impale debuff effect get the Phys damage since it was Phys pre-conversion?

Any clarification or assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Answered , tks
Last edited by nathlar on Jul 11, 2020, 5:56:57 PM
Hi, guys I have a question about flask affix and Herald of Ash ,

1. How to craft/get "increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effect" on flask?
2. Can we replace flask's prefix using beast crafting? For example, I have Increased Duration + Immune to Poison, then I want to replace Immune to Poison with Immune to Curse, or I need to annul it ?
3. Does Herald of Ash can Ignite an enemy? Does Oni-Goroshi's "Her Embrace" buff can triggered using Herald of Ash? How often it can be triggered this way?

Thanks!
Does Shattering Steel exploit fork to shotgun enemies with the newly forked projectiles?

if yes then would reducing the fork angle through the passive tree contribute to the effect?
if no then would the same passive make the forked projectiles to shotgun instead of going out?
Hi, @Mark_GGG I got referred here by support.

Regarding Law of the Wilds and Spectral Wolves

The patch notes stated:
"
The minions from this skill are now also affected by your modifiers to critical strike chance and critical strike multiplier

The tool tip states:
"
modifiers to claw critical strike chance also apply to minions

Modifiers to global critical strike chance effect claws, so does that mean that both of these are correct?

Or are the patch notes incorrect and global critical strike modifiers don't affect the spectral wolves?

This makes a huge difference to how you gear for it, but there is no way to tell. It's not clear from the wording, and does not show on the tool tip.
Prior to 3.11.1b Blade Flurry counted as an exerted attack only on "release" (after stopping channeling). For reasons unknown, this was removed in 3.11.1b and not mentioned in the patch notes. Now Blade Flurry cannot count as an exerted attack on channel or release.

Is this a bug or an intentional change in the functionality in the skill?

(Please put it back to what it was, it was far more fun/interactive to balance number of exerted attacks alongside the channeling time in the boss fights than to just stack consistent damage with a few pre-fight buffs)
Hello! I've been using more or less the same setup for getting the conqueror fights, did them all one by one repeatedly untill I hit the last one:

After getting conqueror fights one after another, I can't seem to do anything to make this last fight happen. I tried switching watchstones everywhere, nothing helped!

This is how I setup my watchstones to get most of my conqueror fights:

Used Valdo's Rest successfully until an hour ago. Since then I just can't get that damned fight to happen.

What am I doing wrong? I tried to listen to map atlas guides on youtube but I can't find anything relative that will help.

i found this juicy axe and plan to multimod it to finish it then make a nice build, a question comes to mind...

if i 100% phys to fire convert, do i still benefit from that 30% phys as extra fire. or will it make it redundant ?
sry wrong thread
Last edited by BrotherOfMetal on Jul 15, 2020, 7:33:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info