Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi,

I really enjoy the concept of totem builds. My first 'real' character in this game uses Siege Ballista totems and I've had a blast playing.

I've tried linking 'Curse on Hit' + 'Siege Ballista' only to find that this hasn't worked. Upon further inspection, doesn't work with any attack totems. Is this a bug or is this a balancing issue and thus an intentional decision.

Thanks!
"
As long as i know, converted damage can get several multiplier.
When you use 100% cold to fire does 50% fire and 50% cold increase your damage by 100% ?
And how does it work with increased elemental damage? Is 50% elemental damage counted as 50% fire 50% ice and 50% lightning so 100% for cold to fire or just the 50% in total?

1. If both of these modifiers are Increased-type, then yes, 50% + 50% = 100% Increased Damage.
Increased and Reduced are additive modifiers, More and Less are multiplicative.

2. Modifiers can only apply once to any given value.
"Increased Elemental Damage" is simply "Increased Damage" that applies to any Damage packet tagged as being "Elemental". It is not secretly three separate modifiers.

Somewhat related:
The Snowforged passive grants two separate modifiers: Increased Cold Damage and Increased Fire Damage. Because they are two modifiers, both can apply to the same value.
Cloth and Chain grants a single Increased Armour and Evasion Rating modifier; if you convert Evasion to Armour Rating through Iron Reflexes, this modifier still only applies once.

"
First_Citizen wrote:
How does reduction of the extra damage from critical (belt of the deceiver and indomitable node) interact with -%critical multiplier from enfeeble?
Usually enemies have +30% extra damage on crit. For example enfeeble reduces this bonus to 0%. Will reduction of the extra damage from critical be useless in that case?

Enfeeble directly reduces the enemy's Critical Strike Multiplier; it reduces the extra Crit Damage dealt by an enemy.
Belt of the Deceiver reduces the bonus damage you take from any given Crit.

If an enemy has a Crit Mult of 100%, they deal 0% Extra Crit Damage. With a Belt of the Deceiver, you take 30% Reduced Damage from that 0% Extra Damage.

"
Siraku wrote:
I've tried linking 'Curse on Hit' + 'Siege Ballista' only to find that this hasn't worked. Upon further inspection, doesn't work with any attack totems. Is this a bug or is this a balancing issue and thus an intentional decision.

Working as intended.
The Siege Ballista skill is linked to Curse on Hit and has a Curse linked to it. However, this skill only places a Totem, an action which does not involve Hitting enemies - no Curses will be applied.
The Totem uses an entirely different Skill of course (otherwise it would create copies of itself), and while this Skill does have "apply linked Curses on Hit", it does not have a Curse linked to it.
I'd be very surprised if Mark doesn't strangle the one responsible for spotlighting this thread :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
tl;dr: Does the Alchemist's prefix on flasks increase the increased armour during flask effect of iron skin? If so, then we can also assume the increased flask effect from the tree would also scale iron skin, but then does increased flask effect from the tree scale the increased flask effect from alchemist's?

For the following maths, Assume we are using the following Granite Flask:
"

Alchemist's Flask of Iron Skin
---
+3000 to Armour
---
33% Reduced Duration, 25% Increased Effect
100% increased Armour during Flask Effect

LaTex Maths Image:
Spoiler
Do modifiers to projectile damage directly apply to burning damage sourced from projectiles?
For thy actions, thou shall be cursed, and thy stash tabs shall be forever tangled and
beyond comprehension
Heyho Mark,

Melee question here:

Why is it that the secondary effect of purely AoE abilitys like EQ, Static Strike or Sunder also scales with melee (physical) damage but secondary effects that involve Projectiles (Frost Blades, Lightning Strike, Wildstrike and Molten Strike) or Chaning effect (only Wildstrike) don't.
From the logical point of view that makes little to no sense to me, apart from it's a projectile thus it's not melee anymore. Which, theoretically would also apply to the secondary effects of the AoE skills.

If this question was asked before, i am terribly sorry but i don't really have the time or the will to dig through 55 pages.

Anyway, have a nice day.
Vidris
"
rel4us wrote:
does the plaza map boss immune to curse while I use cospri's will or is she hex proof and it's not listed?

and I took a video of double boss, it seems like the is almost no DoT, and I do alot of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFVNKsWtqrw&feature=youtu.be

GGG, can u tell us plz? the is no info about the goddess in the poe wiki.

ty

any chance for an answer?
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Jun 28, 2016, 6:59:16 PM
"
KeY533 wrote:
I have two questions about corrupted gloves with "Curse enemies with level X vulnerability on hit".

First of all, is it possibe to buff it with the passive tree's increased Curse effect/duration points

Yes
"
KeY533 wrote:
or even with blasphemy(quality) when they are on the gloves too?

No, because it's not an active skill, you can't support it.

"
KeY533 wrote:
And my other question is, when I cast bladefall as an example for the first time on an enemy will the damage get amplified from Vulnerability? or does the enemy get cursed after the damage gets dealt to the monster?

I believe damage from hits come after on-hit effects, but I might be wrong.

"
zeuskabob wrote:
With the Breath of the Council bow, does the "Increased Duration of Chaos Skills" apply to poisons generated by skills without the Chaos keyword, like Ethereal Knives while playing a Pathfinder?

In other words, is Poison considered a Chaos Skill on its own?

'Chaos Skills' means 'Skills that have Chaos tag'
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
Last edited by Freeeeez on Jun 28, 2016, 9:10:47 PM
Hey,
I've made myself a hacky little script in order to try and calculate my dps while using righteous fire. I don't know if it's out of the scope of this Q'n'A, but could you (or someone knowledgeable) check it out and see if my calculation is close? This script only calculates dps dealt by the Righteous Fire damage over time and does not take into account other actions, spells or skills.

The script can be found at: https://jsfiddle.net/Puddster/hon1c7gz/
Example Setup

Copy/Paste this into the box at the bottom to pre-fill an example setup:

{"baseLife":"9906","baseEs":"281","dps":0,"increases":[{"modName":"Elementalist - Golem","modType":"1","value":"30"},{"modName":"Golem","modType":"1","value":"20"},{"modName":"Jewel 1","modType":"1","value":"12"},{"modName":"Jewel 2","modType":"1","value":"11"},{"modName":"Jewel 3","modType":"1","value":"11"},{"modName":"Fire damage passive","modType":"1","value":"8"},{"modName":"Fire damage passive","modType":"1","value":"8"},{"modName":"Arsonist Passive","modType":"1","value":"24"},{"modName":"Jewel 4","modType":"1","value":"12"},{"modName":"Jewel 5","modType":"1","value":"11"},{"modName":"Jewel 6","modType":"1","value":"10"},{"modName":"Doryanis Catalyst - Implicit","modType":"1","value":"10"},{"modName":"Doryanis Catalust - Explicit","modType":"1","value":"97"},{"modName":"Kaoms Heart","modType":"1","value":"30"},{"modName":"Elemental Focus - Quality","modType":"1","value":"10"},{"modName":"Increased Area of Effect - Quality","modType":"1","value":"6"}],"mores":[{"modName":"Elementalist - Penetration","modType":"2","value":"5"},{"modName":"Elemental Equalibrium","modType":"2","value":"50"},{"modName":"Elemental Focus","modType":"2","value":"47"},{"modName":"Flamability","modType":"2","value":"44"}]}

Assumptions

- The Wiki is correct (base damage is 0.5*max life + 0.7 max ES)
- Net Damage = (Base Damage * sum of increased damage) * product of more damage
- In the example, Elemental Equilibrium is triggered by hitting with 1+ pure cold/lightning damage and never hits with fire damage
Last edited by Puddster on Jun 28, 2016, 7:07:33 PM
Why Gladiator's Gratuitous Violence "Bleeding Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 10% of their Maximum Life as Physical Damage" does not trigger when you kill enemies with single hits? It feels like bleeding doesn't apply to enemies that die with single hits, which is inconsistent with other "effects".

1 - Killing enemies with one hit + 100% poison + bino's kitchen knife trigger the regen + poison spread effect;

2 - Killing enemies with one critical hit with any elemental skill trigger the given elemental effect (burn, shock, freeze/shatter);

3 - Killing enemies with one hit + 100% burning with pyre destroy enemies corpses;

4 - Killing enemies with one hit using infernal blow trigger the explosion effect.

But killing enemies with one hit and 100% bleed chance doesn't trigger gratuitous violence explosion effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info