Mechanical Questions Thread

"
rel4us wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
does the plaza map boss immune to curse while I use cospri's will or is she hex proof and it's not listed?

and I took a video of double boss, it seems like the is almost no DoT, and I do alot of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFVNKsWtqrw&feature=youtu.be

GGG, can u tell us plz? the is no info about the goddess in the poe wiki.

ty

any chance for an answer?

http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=The+Goddess
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
So, I just noticed two things about the wording on claw implicits.

- Most claws state "+X life gained for each enemy hit by your attacks". This seems to imply that the life gain can only trigger once per enemy per attack: if, for example, I perform a Double Strike on an enemy, I would only gain life once since I only hit one enemy (albeit twice). Is this the case?

- Maraketh claws say "+X life and mana gained for each enemy hit". Notably, it does not specify Attacks. Does this mean the gain will trigger on all hits, even those made by Spells or Secondary damage?
"
Vidris wrote:
From the logical point of view that makes little to no sense to me, apart from it's a projectile thus it's not melee anymore. Which, theoretically would also apply to the secondary effects of the AoE skills.

Yeah, exactly that, damage can't be both melee and projectile.

About the melee AoE abilities, some of them do have travel time but most don't so it's really up to devs to say 'this is melee' or 'this a projectile', because something like lacerate reminds too much of a genuine projectile like freeze pulse.

However, there's a bit of common sense involved too. Something like Cleave is fairly clear cut, you're making a melee swing that creates a shockwave so a stronger swing means more damage and for skils like Ground Slam or Earthquake you're hitting ground with a melee attack so that's fine too. Static strike is a bit more tricky but it also makes some sense, by hitting an enemy with a melee attack you're storing a static charge which goes off later, stronger hit - more juice stored (though it mechanically doesn't work that way).

Unfortunately, Wild strike is an exception to that logic, it has one projectile effect and two that are neither melee nor projectile, I suppose we might blame the lack of control you have over it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 28, 2016, 7:17:29 PM
"
Freeeeez wrote:
I believe damage from hits come after on-hit effects, but I might be wrong.

You would be, yes :P You need to hit first before you can apply on-Hit effects.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
- Most claws state "+X life gained for each enemy hit by your attacks". This seems to imply that the life gain can only trigger once per enemy per attack: if, for example, I perform a Double Strike on an enemy, I would only gain life once since I only hit one enemy (albeit twice). Is this the case?
- Maraketh claws say "+X life and mana gained for each enemy hit". Notably, it does not specify Attacks. Does this mean the gain will trigger on all hits, even those made by Spells or Secondary damage?

1. You perform two attacks with one activation of Double Strike. That said; there is no such limit.
2. It's still a local modifier, it doesn't specify to keep the description shorter :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 28, 2016, 8:13:09 PM
If I have Melee Damage on Full Life support gem linked with either Ancestral Warchief or Ancestral Protector, which entity's full life status is the game checking? The player or the totem or both?
Hii,

I'd like to know:

a) whether "Rarity of Items dropped by slain..." = "Rarity of Items found",
or is there any difference between items dropped on death and those from opened chests?

b) is "% Rarity of Items" shared within party as an average, or everybody keeps his own?
(I run with 120%, when in Gorge ROTA, I do not find as much currency/items as SOLO Merci Dried Lake)

c) Does "Rarity of Item" dropped/found depend on which party member killed monster or opened the chest?

Many thanks!
Last edited by Lemur_CZ on Jun 28, 2016, 9:19:34 PM
If I have Pathfinder's Veteran Bowyer, Doomfletch and use elemental hit do they all roll the same element or do some of them roll independently.
If my barrage hit a target with Projectile Weakness, and poison was applied from the hit, does the "increased damage taken from projectiles" also applies to the poison damage?

(in another word, does projectile weakness double-dips the poison/bleeding/ignite?)
As far as I can tell it is common knowledge that for the skill Caustic Arrow, increases to area damage apply to the damage over time of the cloud but are not reflected in the tool tip. Is this intentional or is it just difficult or low priority to fix?
Does Orb of Storms benefits from Area Damage? The wiki states that it does not do Area Damage, it only uses the AoE to target enemies. So if I support it with Concentrated Effect it will only reduce the AoE where it targets enemies or will it also increase the damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info