Mechanical Questions Thread

I just started playing a summoner for the first time and I noticed that Raise Specter gem has the "Minion Movement Speed is Capped" line. Do you guys know the cap value? Also, are specters the only minions that have movement speed cap?
Last edited by brutaru on Jun 28, 2016, 11:08:58 AM
Hi Mark!

Would you please explain me the mechanism how the game calculate the DPS of the skills what appears in the character screen. And why is this imposible for Righteous Fire (and some other skills). Is that any way to check the DPS of my RF skill in the game?

Many thanks for your help!!
Regarding Poison:

With Poison Supportgem:
Is duration increased by increased skill effect duration? (ex. inc duration support gem or skill nodes?)

With A gem + mine support gem + able to poison (via coated shrapnel, not poison support gem)
Is duration increased by increased skill effect duration? (ex. inc duration support gem or skill nodes?)
Is duration increased by increased mine duration (nodes)? (ex. inc duration support gem or skill nodes?)

Minefield's "22% less damage" does not appear to apply to Summon Raging Spirits. I've tested this repeatedly and found the per-spirit damage is identical, regardless of whether I'm using the Minefield support gem or not. Is this an intended effect, a perk that's only to be enjoyed by SRS miners? Is the "22% less damage" applying and I just can't tell the difference?
How does ignite stacking with Emberwake interact with ignites from party members?

1. Assuming the player with Emberwake stacks 150 ignites dealing 1 to 150 damage.
2. Scenario A: A party member inflicts an ignite for 150 damage.
Scenario B: A party member inflicts an ignite for 500 damage.
3. The Emberwake player inflicts another 150 ignites dealing 151 to 300 damage.

What ignites are active in the end?
Why does Lacerate swing off-hand weapons that are not Axes or Swords when Cleave, the only skill that it can be compared to, does not?
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
shatojin wrote:
Hi i have a question about the boots enchant "increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently"

Hoes does this enchant exactly interacts with trap/mines?

Does this enchant stops working if my mines have rolled a crit? or it only disables if I roll a crit?

Mine/trap/totem/minion getting a critical hit does not count as you getting a critical hit. This makes the enchantment you're referring to work GREAT for trappers, miners, and totem users.

On a related note:
Mine/trap/totem/minion hitting also generally does not count as you hitting, nor their kills count as your kills for effects that trigger on [your] kill (ex. Atziri's Splendour), *but you still get kill credit (quests, loot IIR/IIQ)*. One way for it to count for kill triggers is killing via DoT, which is easiest achieved using Southbound gloves (with some sort of DoT).
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jun 28, 2016, 1:12:53 PM
Ello,

why does the "only-one-charge-per-skill" rule not apply to the spell blade vortex? Blade vortex with "power charge on critical" or the assassin passive "power charge on non-critical strike" can add multiple charges with a single cast of blade vortex. This does not work with other spells which hit multiple times(e.g. firestorm).
"
orion314 wrote:
Hi Mark!

Would you please explain me the mechanism how the game calculate the DPS of the skills what appears in the character screen. And why is this imposible for Righteous Fire (and some other skills). Is that any way to check the DPS of my RF skill in the game?

Many thanks for your help!!

You should maybe be a bit more specific in your question. I doubt he'd answer it when it's so generic like that.

However I think I can somewhat help by saying that the DPS calculator in the game is very simple, and doesn't factor in a bunch of stuff.

It won't factor in things that have a chance of occurring (with the exception of critical multiplier on critical hit, and hitting/not-hitting based on accuracy), nor conditional/dynamic cases (obviously), such as "when target is at full life", or Lightning Penetration. It doesn't factor in any DoT of any sort if I recall. It also doesn't factor in skills that hit multiple times. This is probably because not all of those shots will necessarily hit a given target. cluster_trap/multi_trap/minefield (although they don't have DPS anyway, since it's damage per-use, but still the per-use damage is still inaccurately decreased), barrage, bladefall, lightning tendrils, blast rain, molten strike, double strike, lacerate?, icestorm, firestorm, ball lightning, and more have totally inaccurate DPS due to their multiple hits per cast. Other skills can also have misleading and difficult-to-obtain DPS due to other mechanics such as Earthquake, Incinerate, or Shield Charge.

So what's the explanation for DoTs not being factored to DPS? I don't really know, but I presume that developers just had higher priorities than making the DPS numbers be an accurate representation of damage. The DPS calculator hasn't been changed much or at all since a long time ago, and at that time there was hardly any unconditional/guaranteed DoT in the game except Caustic Arrow and RF (and Viper strike, but noone used it). Even today, most DoT is conditional, in that it only has a chance of occurring (even if that chance is 100%, which I know sounds weird), I can only think of things like ED or Vortex which are added to the list of guaranteed DoT.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jun 28, 2016, 1:41:05 PM
Hi Mark!

I was wondering if "The Taming" and "Emberwake" combo still provides the stacking 10% increased damage buff per ignite of the 300 that is allowed or it was patched as GGG intended.

Thanks for your time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info