Mechanical Questions Thread

What is the difference between Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of War (and other glove enchants based on your weapon). Looking at full tooltip I can't see any either.
"
Tomanomanous wrote:
I have a few questions about how skyforth boots' stun mechanic works, one on heartbound loop and a few on summon skeletons' skeletal mages.
'Stun Threshold is based on 500% of your Mana instead of Life'

Since it says Life, rather than effective maximum life, is it inferred that it is effective maximum mana as well?

- If I were to reserve 99% of my mana, would I be stunned frequently or not?

* It would make no difference, you aren't getting stunned more when you reserve life, stun threshold is based on maximum life, not available life.

"
Tomanomanous wrote:
- How about with blood magic, would that interact with stun the same way CI interacts with stun by considering what my mana would have been, rather than what it is, 0.

CI works differently from blood magic, when you take BM your maximum mana is zero.

"
Tomanomanous wrote:
- Is there still the 50% chance to not be stunned that comes with having energy shield up? (this one I am sure should still happen because it is separate from the life aspect of the stun mechanic already)

Yes.

"
Tomanomanous wrote:
Heartbound Loop
Can the damage it deals cause stun?

No, you're unable to stun yourself.

"
Tomanomanous wrote:
Summon Skeletons with Dead Reckoning.
- Does each dead reckoning jewel add one summoned skeleton mage?

No, it says you get three skeleton mages summoned per gem and there's no limit to the gem number so that's three per gem up to your regular skeleton headcount.

"
Tomanomanous wrote:
- Is the life of each skeleton mage equal to that of the regular summoned skeleton warriors?

Most likely, and even if it does it probably isn't a significant difference, but it would be best to ask Mark about this one.

"
Tomanomanous wrote:
- Does army of bones reduce the duration of the skeleton mages?

Yes.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 28, 2016, 8:23:35 AM
Hi,
assuming i'm dealing elemental spell damage and having a decent amount of spell block, does elemental damage reflected gets blocked?
It's possible to get a prophecy that can only be fulfilled in content you haven't reached yet unless you wait for act 4/maps to start doing them, right?

In a previous Q&A, there was this:

Does Flask effectiveness increase the 2% life leech from Chaos Damage on Atziri's Promise, the Onslaught from Silver Flask or the Increased Critical Strike Chance from Diamond Flask?

As above - yes, except for Onslaught, which is not a numerical property, but a boolean state. A character either does or does not have Onslaught, and 20% increased "having Onslaught" is still having it.

But what Diamond Flasks do is make your critical chance "lucky"...? - isn't that a boolean state which can't be increased by Flask Effectiveness mods?
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
Cigas wrote:
assuming i'm dealing elemental spell damage and having a decent amount of spell block, does elemental damage reflected gets blocked?

Yes.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
It's possible to get a prophecy that can only be fulfilled in content you haven't reached yet unless you wait for act 4/maps to start doing them, right?

Prophecies check only character level and difficulty, so yes, it's possible to get prophecies of content ahead of you. :)
"
TheLastZica wrote:
But what Diamond Flasks do is make your critical chance "lucky"...? - isn't that a boolean state which can't be increased by Flask Effectiveness mods?

Correct.
There were some answers I would like to be a bit more specific: (Check spoilers for context)

Spoiler
Do monsters dying to degen when I'm already several screens away still grant experience no matter what?
ANSWERIf you're actually getting "several screens away" before they die, they probably aren't dying at all, since time stops passing for things outside the player's wake range.

So how big is player's "wake range"?

Spoiler
I have a question about Abyssal Cry and its interaction with critical strikes. When does critical strike check occurs? in a moment of initial cast or in a moment of monster exploding?
ANSWERChecking whether a hit is a critical strike or not is always done when that specific hit is calculated, and cannot be done at any other time, because your critical strike chance can be different for different hits.
The critical strike roll is only made once, when the skill is cast, just like most skills. All hits from the same action have the same roll, but are potentially checking against different chances to crit, so may or may not crit on different enemies.

I am making a guess here how these "Rolls" might be made:
Looking at this formula: y=200/(200-x) where x is a randomly "rolled" number between 0 and 199 you basically get y to be something between 1 and 200. (with a very high chance to be close to 1)If you multiply y with your crit chance and the result would be 1 or bigger then you would have a crit otherwise none. Do you mean somethign along the lines of that formula and does rolling a crit (on cast)mean you roll y and the multiplication of y and your crit chance ocurs on hit?(i chose 200 here assuming a lowest possible crit chance of 0.5% -hello marylene's fallacy-)

Spoiler
ANSWERConditional modifiers cannot apply to DoT, because the condition could change during the DoT.

Is Elemental Overload conditional? Could you say that boolean effects are always/never conditional?(I'm assuming the Elemental overload is boolean, same as Onslaught) or are all mods that are not 100% permanent considered conditional?
Last edited by Gendono on Jun 28, 2016, 9:19:52 AM
Why is Blast Rain not effected by items like Death's Harp additional arrow? It says nothing about projectiles, at the very least it should add 1 extra explosion.
Hello. I have one question about slayer. How Endless hunger "20% of overkill damage is leeched as life" interacts with Bane Of Legends "kill enemis thet have 20% or lower life when hit"?
I was trying really hard to make a physical reflect build the other day with things like Thousand teeth temu or The anvil or just simple spiked shields. To me it seemed like these damage numbers (from thorns affix or unique items) are not scaled by global physical damage. Is there a reason why thorns is not a viable build option just something you hope you don't get when exalting something?
How exactly does Degeneration/DoT damage interact with Resistance reductions?

Context: I run Vortex and Frost Bomb (for its -20% Cold Resistance effect). Sometimes I cast Frost Bomb after the Vortex, sometimes before, and what bothers me is that I can't really tell whether targets start taking more damage if I cast it after. Is the DoT damage applied once per 'tick' (so it checks the targets resistance every time), or only on cast, or not at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info