Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi there! I've a question about fated uniques and prophecies. Does the level reqiurement of the item predetermine whether you can receive that prophecy or not? e.g. lets say I'm a lvl 25 char and I give coins to Navali, is it possible for me to get "Power Magnified" prophecy for the Reverbation Rod (lvl req. 36) ?
I use Hitless sword has the line "enemies you attack reflect 100 physical damage to you"

and wear a body armour has "-# physical damage taken" mod

Read on the wiki that defence can only reduce 90% damage (100 damage -> 10 damage), so will the mod from body armour decrease the 10 damage left to 0 ?
"
Hi there! I've a question about fated uniques and prophecies. Does the level reqiurement of the item predetermine whether you can receive that prophecy or not? e.g. lets say I'm a lvl 25 char and I give coins to Navali, is it possible for me to get "Power Magnified" prophecy for the Reverbation Rod (lvl req. 36) ?

Prophecies do have level requirements (to spawn regularly; not sealed ones), but I don't know if they're related to the item requirement. The requirement isn't shown in the tooltip and there is no information on poedb, so I'm guessing the best information you could hope for is empirical testing.

"
cuocdoitan wrote:
I use Hitless sword has the line "enemies you attack reflect 100 physical damage to you"

Read on the wiki that defence can only reduce 90% damage (100 damage -> 10 damage), so will the mod from body armour decrease the 10 damage left to 0 ?

Usually "damage taken" mods apply after reduction calculations as far as I know. Keep in mind though, that "damage taken as" is a conversion mod and applies before other reductions to damage.

The order should be the following:

1. Hit avoidance (avoid, evade, dodge)
2. Hit block
3. Damage calculation based on the source of the hit

Up to this point, the mechanics don't apply for your scenario, but I listed them for completion.

4. Damage conversions based on the target (you)
5. Damage reduction (this part is physical damage reduction and resistances; because what you take is reflected damage, armour should apply)
6. Additional damage taken
7. Increased damage taken
8. More damage taken

The chest you linked in particular would deal you 15 lightning damage mitigated by your lightning resistance, because the conversion takes place before the calculation of physical damage.
"
"

Prophecies do have level requirements (to spawn regularly; not sealed ones), but I don't know if they're related to the item requirement. The requirement isn't shown in the tooltip and there is no information on poedb, so I'm guessing the best information you could hope for is empirical testing.

"
cuocdoitan wrote:

Usually "damage taken" mods apply after reduction calculations as far as I know. Keep in mind though, that "damage taken as" is a conversion mod and applies before other reductions to damage.

The order should be the following:

1. Hit avoidance (avoid, evade, dodge)
2. Hit block
3. Damage calculation based on the source of the hit

Up to this point, the mechanics don't apply for your scenario, but I listed them for completion.

4. Damage conversions based on the target (you)
5. Damage reduction (this part is physical damage reduction and resistances; because what you take is reflected damage, armour should apply)
6. Additional damage taken
7. Increased damage taken
8. More damage taken

The chest you linked in particular would deal you 15 lightning damage mitigated by your lightning resistance, because the conversion takes place before the calculation of physical damage.

Thanks for the very clear explanation, so how does it work without the damage conversion mod ? Will it happen like my previous post ?
Before you put too much trust in me, keep in mind, that I have never relied on this form of defence and my knowledge is conjecture based on everything I know about damage calculations for offence. I have not done in-depth research on this and I could find no specific or explicit information. It's just that for other calculations it goes added -> increased -> more.

That aside, the order of reductions and damage taken is not explicitly stated anywhere I am aware of, mostly because no flat modifiers apply in offence, so the operations are commutative there. If it does work the way I think it does, you would require a physical damage reduction of 38% with that mod, which is trivial for such small hits. A quick look on the wiki gave me an armour requirement of 613. You could add a master craft to reach it on that item alone.
hi there,

I'm playing scourge arrow, 2 chars now (deadeye first) and now ascendant.

I was wondering, does point blank and chinsol apply to secondary projectiles with a distance counted between the pod and the monster or between the player and the monster ignoring the pod ?

Thanks ! :)
@Furiouss
"
cuocdoitan wrote:

Thanks for the very clear explanation, so how does it work without the damage conversion mod ? Will it happen like my previous post ?

I coincidentally found a link that confirms the order of operations as I had thought that someone posted in another discussion:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/924683#p7847614

If the wiki wasn't as laggy as it is, I would try to add that information since there is official confirmation.
Hey there!

I was wondering if there is a cap to the "other effects expire slower" part of Temporal Chains.

The wiki contains no information on this.

Thanks lots!
The highest I can push it with my calculations would be 84.96% slower (~6.65 times the regular duration for other effects), but I don't know what enemy would live long enough for it to matter.

Bosses have 60% less effect (1.51 times regular duration) and Guardians / Shaper 80% less (1.2 times).
So was just wondering if the aoe explosion that occurs from each pod in toxic rain was full chaos damage or if has the same properties as the initial hit ? If anyone could enlighten me on the subject I'd very much appreciate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info