Mechanical Questions Thread

I have a problem with CoC build. Cyclone with CoC, using Cospris Malice and Lycosidae. At this moment i dont know what to do or how to progress my build ad further since the issue is, no matter how much crit i get it is never enough. I run my Cyclone in to a pack and with my Diamond flask up i still cant get crits up for 4-5 seconds. Of course i get demolished by the pack since i cant do any damage to them. With boots enchant and quality gems, and crit rings and amulet, and switching ascendancy didnt help. My in game tooltip on sheet is 56% main hand critical strike chance, on Cyclone. I have played CoC builds before, mainly CoC discharge with similar setup but other items and it never felt so bad as this one feels. Character name is Cesda. This is a PoB of my build. https://pastebin.com/a6z4UaBN

I dont know what to do or what do to better. I just dont know where or what am i missing in terms of game machanics that is making this problem for me.

Bdw my CoC discharge character on Standard does not have any issues even with lower crit chance.
Hi. Hitting things with BV while using Leaper's Alms removes ignite , chill and shock (Elemental ailments) and apply them back to the thing getting hit. But that doesnt happens with freeze which is also an elemental ailment.
Is that intentional, a bug or maybe I dont understand correctly the mechanics of Shared Suffering?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
purpl3oc3an wrote:
Hi i was just wondering if it is intentional that the "Shaped (tier 1-5)" and "Shaped (Tier 1-10)" don't count towards the "Maps augmented with Zana mod" part of the "Complete following maps" Challenge as this is really disheartening for the people like me who almost exclusively run maps with this Zana mod so can't make progression on this challenge thanks!

Same here, ran over 500 eldered (with zana mod) maps, and got like 200 maps completed :(

Also got other question:
If I use elder mod from zana on completed lair and have uncompleted all other t11/12 can I still drop necropolis/racecourse (adjacent to lair)
Last edited by dedi37 on Sep 28, 2018, 5:19:44 AM
EDIT:SOLVED

I'm on a 10/15 "collect shaper's memory fragments".
It tells me to "defeat the elder's four Guardians in Red Maps".

Elder and his guardians planted themselfes in yellow maps.

Will i get this quest step completed if i shape these maps, drop them, and then kill the guardian in shaped (red) version of the map?

If yes, does all 4 maps have to stay shaped or can i shape, drop, kill guardian, unshape, shape other map of the same tier, drop, kill etc?

Or maybe this step only works in Natural red maps?

EDIT: NVM waggle saved the day. You need Elder spawned on natural red map.
Last edited by Kosinek on Sep 28, 2018, 7:23:02 PM
Hey guys, just mentioned that flask effects like desecrated ground from sulphur flask or smoke cloud from stibnite flask are no longer affected by general AOE. It used to work before is it disabled by GGG now or is it a bug ? TY
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
I am using terminus est flicker strike right now. but sometimes the problem is i cant sustain the charges cuz when ur using multistrike and ur FIRST flick out of 3 doesnt crit the rest wont crit doesnt matter what crit chance. Is that a bug?
"
NarutoxKurama wrote:
I am using terminus est flicker strike right now. but sometimes the problem is i cant sustain the charges cuz when ur using multistrike and ur FIRST flick out of 3 doesnt crit the rest wont crit doesnt matter what crit chance. Is that a bug?

I'm not 100% sure, because it's been a while since I played a multistrike build that cared about this, but I think this is intended. It's part of why people used Cyclone / Barrage for CoC.

To compensate, you should get 6 Frenzy Charges and a decent crit chance, possibly other means of getting charges as well.
I'm dying thru ci on Kurgal with gluttony of elements.
Last edited by _toots on Sep 29, 2018, 12:54:40 PM
But oro's and ignite it works with multistrike.
When hit, Daresso's Defiance looses all endurance charges.

This happens before or after damage calculation? I mean, I still get the endurance charges damage reduction before I loose them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info