Mechanical Questions Thread

"
shuruga2 wrote:
When P1 gain a charge (using frenzy for exemple), P2 gain the same charge, then the 2 zombies get a charge too ?

Conduit only shares charges with nearby party members. Minions are never party members, only player characters can be party members. Thus you will not be able to give charges to your minions via Conduit.

If there was another player character in range of P2 but not in range of P1, I would guess that this character would be able to gain the charge from P1 indirectly through P2.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Does the new Infernal Blow still deal secondary damage on the explosion? Or is it attack damage now? If it is, how does it roll accuracy?
Hello! I had a question about the teased Soulwrest staff seen here:
Spoiler
https://i.redd.it/ltmk56i1hrh11.png

I was wondering what skills qualify as consuming a corpse? would it only be the offering skills or would corpse explosion and summoning zombies from bodies count?

Also in the case that I used an offering skill on multiple corpses would the staff produce more than one phantasm per cast?

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
shuruga2 wrote:
When P1 gain a charge (using frenzy for exemple), P2 gain the same charge, then the 2 zombies get a charge too ?

Conduit only shares charges with nearby party members. Minions are never party members, only player characters can be party members. Thus you will not be able to give charges to your minions via Conduit.

If there was another player character in range of P2 but not in range of P1, I would guess that this character would be able to gain the charge from P1 indirectly through P2.

Thanks for the answer.

Is this possible to share charges with minions ? If yes what should I use ?
"
shuruga2 wrote:
Is this possible to share charges with minions ? If yes what should I use ?

As far as I know there is nothing that shares charges with minions.

You can generate charges for all allies (including minions) using Victario's Charity or Shackles of the Wretched. Curses on enemies - Warlord's, Assassin's, Poacher's Mark - grant charges to the entity that delivered the killing blow. If this is a minion, the minion gets the charge (*). Finally, support gems such as Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Power Charge on Crit or Ice Bite will grant the respective charge to the minion if they are supporting the minion's skills.

(*) Note that in this case the kill must be from a Hit; kills by Damage over Time are always attributed to your character, even if the DoT was applied by a minion or a proxy.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 27, 2018, 4:25:46 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
This is neither an error nor a display issue. Your character screen displays stats of your own character, and it does display those stats correctly. It does not display the stats of any other entity in the game.

[...]

The game is not giving you the information about the damage your minions do with their skills. You are reading another piece of information that is telling you a different thing, and mistakenly interpreting it as saying what you want it to say. No wonder that you find it "inaccurate" - you are looking at a completely different stat.

You have to admit it's confusing though. You'd never expect the Raise Zombie skill itself to do any damage (and in fact it can't). The only relevant damage number for that skill is the damage dealt by the minions.

There are also other times where the skill stats section of the character sheet displays confusing and sometimes nonsensical values. I have one case in recent memory (numbers are guesstimates since I don't have the game available right now; this concerns my character Mikiena):

Legacy RotC (+4 arrows), Tornado Shot (3 secondary projectiles) linked with L18 Pierce (+4 pierces), Piercing Shots passive (+2 pierces) and the Endless Munitions ascendancy passive (+1 projectile). The character sheet displays that the skill fires 6 arrows and arrows pierce 6 targets. So far so good. Then it goes on to display that the skill also fires 2 projectiles and projectiles pierce 3 targets. What are those? I guess "2 projectiles" comes from 1 base projectile + 1 projectile from Endless Munitions (RotC gives arrows, not projectiles). But what does it mean for the skill? Visually it clearly fires 6 things. Are only 2 of the 6 arrows projectiles? Does "projectiles" mean the secondary projectiles from Tornado Shot? Does the pierce count for projectiles apply to those secondary projectiles? The number of projectiles does not match so that makes me think the pierce count might not apply either.
Last edited by databeaver on Aug 27, 2018, 5:20:07 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
You have to admit it's confusing though. You'd never expect the Raise Zombie skill itself to do any damage (and in fact it can't). The only relevant damage number for that skill is the damage dealt by the minions.

Although this is getting somewhat out of the scope of this thread; why the character screen shows the stats it shows is something probably only the devs can answer. The Raise Zombie skill has the "base cold damage" stat if you link it to the support; whether you can actually apply it or not. It would certainly be reasonable to ask for damage-related stats to not be displayed for skills which can't deal that damage; but depending on the implementation this might be either difficult or even impossible to achieve. Right now, the character screen simply displays all stats of the skill which have non-zero values.

"
Legacy RotC (+4 arrows), Tornado Shot (3 secondary projectiles) linked with L18 Pierce (+4 pierces), Piercing Shots passive (+2 pierces) and the Endless Munitions ascendancy passive (+1 projectile). The character sheet displays that the skill fires 6 arrows and arrows pierce 6 targets. So far so good. Then it goes on to display that the skill also fires 2 projectiles and projectiles pierce 3 targets. What are those? I guess "2 projectiles" comes from 1 base projectile + 1 projectile from Endless Munitions (RotC gives arrows, not projectiles). But what does it mean for the skill? Visually it clearly fires 6 things. Are only 2 of the 6 arrows projectiles? Does "projectiles" mean the secondary projectiles from Tornado Shot? Does the pierce count for projectiles apply to those secondary projectiles? The number of projectiles does not match so that makes me think the pierce count might not apply either.

"Arrows" are a specific subtype of "projectiles". Every arrow is a projectile, but not all projectiles are arrows - for example, projectiles fired by Freezing Pulse are not arrows.

There are some modifiers which apply to all projectiles equally (Pierce support, Piercing Shots passive, Endless Munitions); and some modifiers which only specifically apply to arrows (the modifier on Reach of the Council).

In your case, you have +1 to the number of any projectile you fire (from Endless Munitions), and +5 to number of projectiles if the fired projectile is an arrow (+1 from EM, +4 from RotC). So your number of "generic" projectiles to fire is 2, and your number of arrows to fire is 6.

All projectiles that Tornado Shot fires are arrows; therefore you will fire 6 primary projectiles. Each of these splits into three secondary projectiles (which are still arrows); and this number can only be increased by getting the lab enchant. Again though - Tornado Shot never fires projectiles which are not arrows; therefore you can ignore the generic "Number of Projectiles to fire" stat.

The primary projectiles always pierce, this is a property of the skill. Both the Pierce support and the Piercing Shots passive should apply to all projectiles equally; and this is what I'm seeing on my character screen (same number of Targets to Pierce with Arrows and with Projectiles). Is it possible that you are misremembering? Do you have a screenshot? In either case; again, all projectiles fired by TS (both primary and secondary) are arrows, and you can ignore the generic projectile stat.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 27, 2018, 6:04:38 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Is it possible that you are misremembering? Do you have a screenshot?

I was indeed misremembering, but the numbers are not equal. I'm at work but was able to launch the game on my laptop to check (I wasn't sure if it'd work on a 2014 ultrathin laptop with an integrated GPU). Here are the actual stats from the game:

Number of arrows to fire: 6
Number of targets to pierce with arrows: 7
Number of projectiles to fire: 2
Number of targets to pierce with projectiles: 6

The extra pierce with arrows seems to come from Drillneck. I did not mention it at first because it is a legacy version which does not have the implicit:

I guess the modifier somehow comes through the base item type even though it's not displayed on the item. If I remove it from the equipment slot, both pierce counts are 6.

My point about confusing stats stands. If the game displays a stat somewhere, it causes the player to think "what does this apply to?". Perhaps there are technical reasons for them being displayed, but that doesn't make them less confusing.
"
databeaver wrote:
The extra pierce with arrows seems to come from Drillneck. I did not mention it at first because it is a legacy version which does not have the implicit:

I guess the modifier somehow comes through the base item type even though it's not displayed on the item. If I remove it from the equipment slot, both pierce counts are 6.

There is some sort of bug with legacy Penetrating Quivers, [1], [2]. It seems that you do get the additional pierce (the item display is wrong, not the character screen). You could test this with default attack with no extra pierces or something like that; I don't have one of the quivers myself to do it.

"
My point about confusing stats stands. If the game displays a stat somewhere, it causes the player to think "what does this apply to?". Perhaps there are technical reasons for them being displayed, but that doesn't make them less confusing.

For as much as it's worth, I agree.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 27, 2018, 6:58:45 AM
"
zio_kose wrote:
Hello, I would like to know if "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work on Bosses through phases like Shaper or Izaro.

does anyone know the answer?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info