Mechanical Questions Thread

"
zio_kose wrote:
"
zio_kose wrote:
Hello, I would like to know if "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work on Bosses through phases like Shaper or Izaro.

does anyone know the answer?

Have you checked their life after each phase ? It follow the previous phase and isn't restored, so the answer is no
"
cuocdoitan wrote:
"
zio_kose wrote:
"
zio_kose wrote:
Hello, I would like to know if "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work on Bosses through phases like Shaper or Izaro.

does anyone know the answer?

Have you checked their life after each phase ? It follow the previous phase and isn't restored, so the answer is no

The question is not whether phase 2 Izaro is on full life; obviously he isn't. The question is if you Permanently Intimidate Izaro in phase one, whether the Intimidate persists into the second and third phase. I am leaning towards "no", since the fight happens in a different instance and effects don't carry over like that; but I am not completely sure. There is no easy way to check either, a 10% bonus is not reliably observable and there are no useful things that trigger against intimidated enemies.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 28, 2018, 9:52:33 AM
Hello,

i have a question about summoning spectres.

is the gemlevel of spectres snapshottet when i summon them? for example if i take a 21 gem with lvl 4 empower and +1 on chest link it only with empower . then it should have lvl 26 if i summon 4 spectres now with the lvl 26 gem and i remove the empower, do they still have the bonusses of the lvl 26 gem?
I could not find anyhting on the forums, or is there a possibility i can look at hp numbers of my spectres so i could also see if they loose hp if i remove empower?

i hope you can clarify this for me, sry for asking that but i really could not find out if it snapshots or not.

Best regards
Michael

"
ChopThePanda wrote:
Hello,

i have a question about summoning spectres.

is the gemlevel of spectres snapshottet when i summon them? for example if i take a 21 gem with lvl 4 empower and +1 on chest link it only with empower . then it should have lvl 26 if i summon 4 spectres now with the lvl 26 gem and i remove the empower, do they still have the bonusses of the lvl 26 gem?
I could not find anyhting on the forums, or is there a possibility i can look at hp numbers of my spectres so i could also see if they loose hp if i remove empower?

i hope you can clarify this for me, sry for asking that but i really could not find out if it snapshots or not.

Best regards
Michael

Nothing in the game "snapshots" in the way you think. (Well, if it does, then it's a bug.)

Spectres (and all minions) update their stats immediately when you switch support gems.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

The question is not whether phase 2 Izaro is on full life; obviously he isn't. The question is if you Permanently Intimidate Izaro in phase one, whether the Intimidate persists into the second and third phase. I am leaning towards "no", since the fight happens in a different instance and effects don't carry over like that; but I am not completely sure. There is no easy way to check either, a 10% bonus is not reliably observable and there are no useful things that trigger against intimidated enemies.

Thx for the answer :)
Good day,

As an arc totem user in standard, I have to ask will the nerf where the players are affected even if their totems, traps and mines apply to the old shimmeron as well? Will there be a mechanic change or will that just be applied post patch?

Thank you for your response.
new to this haha
Last edited by zaochimaru on Aug 29, 2018, 1:50:52 AM
Hello,

not sure if this has been asked/answered. There is a lot to look through, I tried searching for the word gem in your replies and didn't spot my question or answer. If so sorry I missed it.

I have a pair of elder gloves with the affix "SOCKETED GEMS ARE SUPPORTED BY LEVEL 18 FASTER ATTACKS, 11% INCREASED ATTACK SPEED" and I have a 21/23 faster attacks gem socketed in those gloves. I can't tell which support is being used by the skill by taking out the gem. I'm wondering does it always use the affix even if the gem is linked.

I hope this link works, sorry new to using the forums.

Thanks
"
zaochimaru wrote:
Good day,

As an arc totem user in standard, I have to ask will the nerf where the players are affected even if their totems, traps and mines apply to the old shimmeron as well? Will there be a mechanic change or will that just be applied post patch?

Thank you for your response.

The damage will stay at 400/sec, unless you reroll the wand with a Divine Orb.

The change to when the effect is applied to you is a change in how the modifier works, and thus will immediately affect all existing items.

"
Hello,

not sure if this has been asked/answered. There is a lot to look through, I tried searching for the word gem in your replies and didn't spot my question or answer. If so sorry I missed it.

I have a pair of elder gloves with the affix "SOCKETED GEMS ARE SUPPORTED BY LEVEL 18 FASTER ATTACKS, 11% INCREASED ATTACK SPEED" and I have a 21/23 faster attacks gem socketed in those gloves. I can't tell which support is being used by the skill by taking out the gem. I'm wondering does it always use the affix even if the gem is linked.

An active skill can only be supported by one copy of the same support. If you try to support an active skill by more than one of the same support (whether through gems or through bonuses from items), only the support with the highest level will be applied.

In your example, Leap Slam will be supported by the level 21 Faster Attacks from the support gem, and the level 18 Faster Attacks from the gloves is ignored.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 29, 2018, 8:53:21 AM
Hey all, I have a question about the PvP formula and how exactly works :)

So here is the formula, and can someone explain me how exactly this formula reduce the damage in PvP
The scaling algorithms are
(((D / T) / 100) ^ 0.6) * 100 * T
for physical and chaos damage, and
(((D / T) / 180) ^ 0.58) * 180 * T
for elemental damage, where
“D” is the damage of an individual hit.
“T” is the attack or cast time of the skill it comes from, or the assumed attack or cast time we have determined for that skill.

Thank you in advance!
The Holy Bible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info