Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
I can tell you what I know with reasonable certainty; but I can be wrong every now and then.

You were right, I found in the patchnote 2.0.0 :

"
Totem placement can now be sped up with a new Totem Placement Speed stat. Cast speed no longer places totems more quickly. Base totem placement speed is faster than the cast speed used to be.

I want to add it as a reference to the wiki but ... I'm not sure how to do that tbh, do you have any clue ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Does anybody know whether the "enemies deal X% less damage" from enfeeble and the "enemies deal X% less damage to other targets" from taunts stack additively or multiplicatively?
Last edited by InfrnlMssh7 on Aug 17, 2018, 5:42:32 AM
So I got few questions on which I can't find answers anywhere.
Does magma orb deal less damage with each chain (and each chain skill/supported with chain in general), or it keeps being the same?
Will poison damage be buffed with adds # chaos damage to spells affix on weapons?
Does shock refreshes after apply on new shocking hits? Or it just stacks with more damage done on mob without refreshing? For example does it work like poison?
Does Far shot work well with magma orb? Seems like it will refresh distance calculation after each chain, or I'm wrong?
Also, a bit out of topic, but it would be nice to add cast speed on top for attack speed modifiers in deadeye ascendancy tree.
"
LylyMarleen wrote:
Hi, I have questions about interactions between animate guardian/Chains of Command and Vulconus.

If I equip a vulconus to my guardian :
- Can he gain Avatar of Fire ?
- If the enemy is bleeding and/or ignited, does the guardian gain the bonus damage of Vulconus ?

If I equip Chains of Command :
- Can animated weapons gain AoF ?
- If they can gain AoF, do they gain AoF at the same time ?
- If the enemy is bleeding and/or ignited, does animated weapons gain the bonus damage of Vulconus ?

I have not tested this myself, but I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work. Minions can gain keystones, specifically for Avatar of Fire this thing already exists. All other modifiers from the weapon should function normally when wielded by a minion. But again, don't take this as a gospel - I'm just extrapolating from other similar functions.

The only thing minions usually can't do is trigger skills or use skills other than the ones they come with naturally.

"
InfrnlMssh7 wrote:
Does anybody know whether the "enemies deal X% less damage" from enfeeble and the "enemies deal X% less damage to other targets" from taunts stack additively or multiplicatively?

All "more"/"less" modifiers are always multiplicative.

"
crabovan wrote:
Does magma orb deal less damage with each chain (and each chain skill/supported with chain in general), or it keeps being the same?

Unless the skill specifically says something like that, then no.

"
Will poison damage be buffed with adds # chaos damage to spells affix on weapons?

Assuming you poison with a spell, then yes.

"
Does shock refreshes after apply on new shocking hits? Or it just stacks with more damage done on mob without refreshing? For example does it work like poison?

All instances of an ailment on an enemy are tracked and expire independently, but only the most powerful one actually takes effect. It's more like bleeding or ignite than like poison. Poison is special in that all instances of Poison on a target deal damage at the same time.

"
Does Far shot work well with magma orb? Seems like it will refresh distance calculation after each chain, or I'm wrong?

No, a projectile that chains is still the same projectile, and continues to accumulate distance traveled.

"
Also, a bit out of topic, but it would be nice to add cast speed on top for attack speed modifiers in deadeye ascendancy tree.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 17, 2018, 8:31:04 AM

If my killing hit modified by a specified amount of MORE damage from gems ( like Elemental Focus Support or Combustion Support), will those gems work on the explosion ?
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Aug 18, 2018, 4:39:50 AM
How much damage is lightning mirage dealing and WHY MUST IT BE SO MUCH in later game?
"
cuocdoitan wrote:

If my killing hit modified by a specified amount of MORE damage from gems ( like Elemental Focus Support or Combustion Support), will those gems work on the explosion ?

No.

Support gems can only modify skills. The explosion doesn't come from a skill.

The explosion will still be modified by all relevant passive/gear mods though.
If i use mirage archer and go to a map with "enemy attacks chain 2 additional times", can i get shotgunned if the attacks hit my mirage archer or if they hit me, chain to the MA, then back to me? etc
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Hi guys and gals over at GGG, I really enjoy playing your amazing game and have always loved deep, number crunching, build perfecting RPGs but there is something that is really bugging me and potentially ruining my character. I play the witch character and focus myself on having the strongest and most effective minions possible.

I use added cold, lightning, and chaos damage support gems on my minions and was wondering if the passives from the character that increase these damages ALSO INCREASE the respective damages on my minions, because on the game every increase DOES increase their dps on their stat sheet but in forums players are saying that it is a "display bug" and it actually DOES NOT increase my minions' dps, they also say the same thing about spell damage and minions when minions actually have the "spell" tag.

If this is true and the tree passives are not affecting my minions in any way even when numbers SHOW that they do then I am wasting a TON of passive points thinking they are based off of the information the GAME is telling me in the tooltip of the spell's stats(at least 14 points since I created my lvl 88 witch).

Also certain increases to damage do not show at all on minions in their stats, like the "increased minion damage support" , "added fire damage" , and a couple of other gems, they show NO INCREASE at all, while added cold, lightning, and chaos do, so I'm really wondering do the increases on the passive tree actually affect these damages in battle or not again because the game says they do but players are saying it doesn't which would be a huge bug that should be fixed asap for QOL improvements to this great game.

So I guess what I'm asking is that could you guys PLEASE answer these game changing questions for me? it would also be AMAZING if you could add a "show damage numbers" option so we could see the changes to our attacks and spells in real time as for the damage they are doing and or not doing and this ALONE could make the game 10x more exciting and fun when trying to perfect our builds or at least add some kind of test dummy training area to see such things.

Thank you guys and gals and hoping to hear from you soon, may Lord bless.

RL- Xbox One X Player and support pack supporter
"
was wondering if the passives from the character that increase these damages ALSO INCREASE the respective damages on my minions

[snip LONG post]

The only things that affect your minions are modifiers that specifically say "minions" or "allies"; and support gems linked to the minion summoning skill gem.

You are being confused because the character sheet displays the damage of the minion summoning skill, not the damage of the minion. Let's say you have Raise Zombie linked with Added Cold Damage support: the character sheet will show the amount of cold damage that the Raise Zombie skill would do, if it would ever hit any enemy. However the Raise Zombie skill never hits anything - its only effect is to summon a minion. Therefore the damage your character sheet shows for Raise Zombie is never applied to anything. (Still, this value is sometimes relevant; as there are skills which both do damage and summon minions - for example Dominating Blow.)

The stats of your minions are not displayed anywhere. Minions are their own entities, with an entirely separate set of stats for themselves. It would be impractical or even impossible for the game to display their stats - not the least because the minion might not even exist at the time you are looking at the character screen. You can use a character planner such as Path of Building to see the actual stats of your minions.

TL;DR: The first sentence of this post.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 19, 2018, 6:07:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info