Mechanical Questions Thread

Got a few questions about traps:

1) What is the "arming time" for a trap, exactly?

2) When does a trap's duration start?
a: When I press the button to use the skill
b: When it leaves the PC's hand
c: When it touches the ground
d: When it starts Arming
e: When it finishes Arming

3) When a trap has a chance to rearm after being triggered, does it only use the normal arming time or are there other delays involved? In other words, how long exactly after the trap triggers the first time can it trigger a second time.

Last edited by Drazn on Jul 31, 2018, 8:25:45 PM
"
hqDM wrote:
Does Deadeye's Rupture ascendancy node only work with attacks?
eg. if I'm playing cyclone CoC, applying bleed with the physical whack, will something like Firestorm gimme LoH?

It says "gain on hit", and spells hit. LGOH support specifies attacks in particular so I'm a bit confused, as other "on hit" things are sometimes "attack-only-hits", but I don't know why it's not specific.

In the same vein, is Ascendant's gladiator node attack-only hits for the "10% chance to blind on hit vs bleeding enemies", or are spells okay too?

As long as the skill hits it can trigger on hit effects that apply to it.

Normally most LGoH effects specify attacks, but the passives you reference are untyped so they will work.

LGoH as a mechanic is not restricted to attacks either: You can get Shaper mods on Rings which can apply LGoH or Mana GoH specifically to spells and not attacks. The unique Cybil's Paw also does something similar.

It is worth noting however, as you probably know, that Spells cannot inflict Bleed, so a CoC build would be the correct way to utilise those effects.
Last edited by Drazn on Jul 31, 2018, 8:26:59 PM
Hi Mark,

Scenario: I have 7 zombies up and equip Mon'tregul's Grasp setting my limit to 6. I also have Fleshbinder creating a poison cloud on zombie death based on zombie max life (desummon due to overcapping max # of summons also fires it).
Now the question is:
When a zombie dies for being over max minion cap when equipping Mon'tregul's Grasp does it get the life bonus for Flesh Binder's poison cloud calculation?

For the application:

I got a pretty meme build in theorycraft based on the spellicopter idea shown in a recent Build of the Week (spam Weapon swap, rebound to mousewheel, with essence of insanity weapons to trigger heartbound loop to fire CWDT). My idea is using zombies going necromancer, minion life scaling and counterhealing the heartbound loop via Maligaro's Lense + Necromantic Aegis. Then I have zombies in high CWDT (using CWDT unearth for corpses) automatically getting summoned and spreading out to drop their on desummon cloud near enemies. The idea for Mon'tregul is to use one set with Mon'tregul's, one with insanity weapon. Now when I swap to Mon'tregul zombie cap is halfed desummoning the oldest ones but it would only give me an advantage if they get the health buff before calculating the poison dmg. 2 Insanity sets would create more clouds but they don't stack their dps (and zombies won't spread out as far but the question if they spread out enough before popping needs ingame testing not theorycraft)

Looking forward to knowing if I can double my meme dps ;P

Edit: made the question paragraph make more sense when quoted alone
Last edited by Levantinyx on Aug 2, 2018, 6:27:04 AM
Question about Ancestral Protector and Ancestral Warchief

Ancestral Warchief has +10 melee range, Ancestral Protector has +16 melee range.
But why ancestral protector has a shorter attack range than warchief? (as i measured them a few times)
Or any mechanic calculation i have missed?
Does the Combustion Support's "Enemies Ignited by Supported Skills have -(10-19)% to Fire Resistance" works with Herald of Ash's Burn on kill effect?
"
auri_19 wrote:
Does the Combustion Support's "Enemies Ignited by Supported Skills have -(10-19)% to Fire Resistance" works with Herald of Ash's Burn on kill effect?

Herald of Ash does not Ignite (and can not be made to Ignite as it never Hits anything).

All Ignite is Burning Damage, but not all Burning Damage is Ignite. Ignite is specifically the ailment caused by hits dealing fire damage. Burning is just a shorthand for "fire damage over time".
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 3, 2018, 5:53:32 AM
Hi there, I was just wondering what the interaction between incinerate and life leech with Warlord's mark is currently. Can one get life leech from hits of incinerate using Warlord's mark? Path of building does say it is possible but it doesn't seem to work when I test it live.
Hi,

If I use a shaped sharktooth quiver and shaped onyx amulet for the hyrri's bite recipe, can I get a shaped hyrri's bite quiver?

Thanks
"
khl01 wrote:
Hi there, I was just wondering what the interaction between incinerate and life leech with Warlord's mark is currently. Can one get life leech from hits of incinerate using Warlord's mark? Path of building does say it is possible but it doesn't seem to work when I test it live.

It works, but Path of Exile rounds by truncation (i.e. always rounds down), so you need to have your Leech amount per stack to be at least 1, or that means you need to deal 1/0.02 = 50 damage per hit in order to experience any Leech against an enemy with 0% less curse effect.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Does Herald of Ice shatter negate the increased quantity and increased rarity gems if the herald is not socketed with the MF gems on my main attack?

Also I have noticed that alot of on hit and on kill effects arent triggered by my ancestral warchief totems nor myself. Example terminus est does not reward frenzy charges. Alot of labrynth glove enchants dont seem to trigger as well. How do these effects work with totems? Thank you for your response, have a nice day!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info