Mechanical Questions Thread

"
RabidMonk wrote:
Hinekora, Death's Fury

"10% chance to Cover Rare or Unique Enemy in Ash for 10 Seconds when you Hit them."

This does not work with totems. For a class (and a specific node) that has so much totem synergy: Why NOT make it work for totems too? Now I have to figure out a good way to hit things to cover them in ash, maybe sometimes sorta.

This makes Monk sad :(
Monk no play totem chieftain until this buffed

First, it is not "when you Hit them", but "on Hit". The former might have been questionable; the latter absolutely applies to all hits with your skills, even if the skill was cast by a proxy.

I have just tested this myself and my Flame Totem definitely did cover a rare skeleton in Ash. Everything seems to be working as intended.

What makes you believe this doesn't work? The Ash effect is very subtle, and would be easy to miss in combat. Also, are you sure that you are actually using a totem skill that Hits enemies? Something like Scorching Ray will not cover an enemy in Ash, since it doesn't Hit in the first place.
Forum Tip: if you want a faster response from me, quote my post! Hit the button to the right of the post. This sends me a message so I can notice you sooner!

Guide: League Merges

Help! I think I've lost my memory!
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 14, 2018, 10:12:08 AM
It does? Oh thank you so much! Wish I knew more about the wiki, or else I'd add that to it.

"
Fralewin wrote:
So I'm using this watchers eye
https://imgur.com/a/7Jck5hQ

I'm also using Zealot's Oath.
Why doesn't the "increased life recovery rate while affected by vitality" work for me?

...Yes I am affected by vitality

Keep in mind that Regeneration and Recovery are two different stats that do different things. Not everything that applies to one also affects the other.

You are not Recovering Life, you are Recovering Energy Shield. Life Recovery Rate modifiers will not affect Energy Shield Recovery rate. (And vice versa.)

Zealot's Oath changes your Life Regeneration stat to regenerate Energy Shield instead; but it does nothing for Recovery modifiers. Life Recovery Rate will still affect the rate at which your Life is recovered (for example, from flasks).
Forum Tip: if you want a faster response from me, quote my post! Hit the button to the right of the post. This sends me a message so I can notice you sooner!

Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 15, 2018, 12:45:34 AM
Repeating Infernal Blow questions:

1) Infernal Blow debuff deals an additional 5% of Damage per charge.

Is this a more multiplier? What's the damage formula for this skill before and after the enchantment?

2) Is the 66% damage per charge up to 6 charges base damage or 66% of your hit damage (up to 122.8%~)?

Thanks.
Last edited by Unacceptable on Jul 15, 2018, 9:04:33 AM
Does Cold resistance effect the amount of cold damage taken by the Aegis Buff from the Vix Lunaris?
Does Maim affect Shaper/Elder in any way? Doesn't seem like they move around, just wondering if maybe it slows down some movement animation at all.

Wondering for the sake of Tombfists.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jul 17, 2018, 11:06:06 PM
First question
In what order Endurance charges are consumed?
If I have Daresso's Defiance with "You lose all Endurance Charges when Hit" and Immortall Call/CWDT what happens when I get hit?
Which is true?
* DD consumes charges first, so they are not used for IC
* IC eats charges to increase duration before DD drops them?

Second question
Scourge has "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you", so no other minion modifier like %increased life or chance to block applies?
hi there

1.Does the helmet enchantment "increased Incinerate damage" and/or "per stage" apply to the damage effectiveness. Incinerate has 30% damage effectiveness, does that mean it gets increased by the enchantment, because if so that would help a lot.
2.What is ment by "Final wave" does that mean release at maximum stages or when i release no matter when (stage 2 and more)

thank you
Hey everyone,

Not exactly sure if this is the correct place to post this, but any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I recently corrupted a 20/20 barrage into a 21/20, and replaced my existing 20/20 to find that the dps value (in both the tooltip and path of building) does not change. Is there a particular reason for this in just how the numbers work?

Here are screenshots for reference

"
Kristalline wrote:
Hey everyone,

Not exactly sure if this is the correct place to post this, but any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I recently corrupted a 20/20 barrage into a 21/20, and replaced my existing 20/20 to find that the dps value (in both the tooltip and path of building) does not change. Is there a particular reason for this in just how the numbers work?

Path of Exile always rounds down to an integer. I don't have the tools to check on hand right now; but I would wager a guess that going from 47.6% of your base damage to 48% of your base damage simply isn't enough to give you even one more point of damage. (0.4% of your base would have to be 1, so your base damage would need to be at least ~250; again somewhat more or less due to rounding.)

Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 19, 2018, 6:27:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info