Mechanical Questions Thread

... or If I have spell block and fail it that means I can avoid spell hits?
Hey everyone,

I have a question about Fire Burst from Hysteria essence: How does it interact with dual wield?
If I have two Hysteria crafted weapons equipped do they share their cooldown?
Hello

The Vaal Impurity of Lightning can mitigate the damage of Shimmeron wand?
Hi everyone! I have a question about Lava Lash notable, wich grants 30 increased fire damage with weapons and 8% fire penetration with weapons. I don't know if damage dealt by ancestral warchief/protector is considered as damage with weapons or not. So will it work with it or not?
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.

I know that this skill have global cooldown but if i link more than 1 of this gem, will the system calculate it multi times ?
For example : i equipped 3 of this gem, if i take a hit, will 3 gems roll the chance to trigger (30%) at a time or only one of them ?
"
de_Lioncourt wrote:
Hi everyone! I have a question about Lava Lash notable, wich grants 30 increased fire damage with weapons and 8% fire penetration with weapons. I don't know if damage dealt by ancestral warchief/protector is considered as damage with weapons or not. So will it work with it

Yes

Totams use your skills as if they are you. So, any modifier that attaches to skills applies to your totems. A general rule of thumb that is technically wrong but makes intuitive sense for a lot of people is that your character's offensive modifiers get used by your totems while they use their own defensive modifiers. Fire damage with weapons and fire penetration with weapons are indeed modifiers that attach to Skills (because a Skill must know if it is dealing weapon damage, and must know if it is dealing fire damage, in order to calculate).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
de_Lioncourt wrote:
Hi everyone! I have a question about Lava Lash notable, wich grants 30 increased fire damage with weapons and 8% fire penetration with weapons. I don't know if damage dealt by ancestral warchief/protector is considered as damage with weapons or not. So will it work with it

Yes

Totams use your skills as if they are you. So, any modifier that attaches to skills applies to your totems. A general rule of thumb that is technically wrong but makes intuitive sense for a lot of people is that your character's offensive modifiers get used by your totems while they use their own defensive modifiers. Fire damage with weapons and fire penetration with weapons are indeed modifiers that attach to Skills (because a Skill must know if it is dealing weapon damage, and must know if it is dealing fire damage, in order to calculate).

Thank you very much!
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.
Hello i have a question about the eye of innocence amulet.

Currently i am trying to make it critical strike me when i inflict an ignite, i am wearing a shackles of the wretched gloves with assassins mark and 9 reckless defense jewels and an ambus charge armour with blade vortex as a fast hitting skill in order to see if i get endurance charges. I proc the ignites all the time but how come it is never dealing a critical strike even though the jewels and assassins mark give it a 100% crit strike base chance?

There is no information on the wiki about this, any help is appreciated

SOLVED - it fuctions as a reflect so thus it cant crit, but it can trigger on hit affects, well rip the fun meme build i had planned
Last edited by richard17 on Jul 22, 2018, 6:45:37 PM
Eye of Innocence can't crit.

Edit: Oh, too slow. That's what I get for leaving tabs open and going afk. :(
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Jul 22, 2018, 6:47:37 PM
can someone tell me if the shaman's dominion works for arc totem is spell totem considered a totem skill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info