Mechanical Questions Thread

Repeating Infernal Blow questions:

1) Infernal Blow debuff deals an additional 5% of Damage per charge.

Is this a more multiplier? What's the damage formula for this skill before and after the enchantment?

2) Is the 66% damage per charge up to 6 charges base damage or 66% of your hit damage (up to 122.8%~)?

Thanks.
Last edited by Unacceptable on Jul 15, 2018, 9:04:33 AM
Does Cold resistance effect the amount of cold damage taken by the Aegis Buff from the Vix Lunaris?
Does Maim affect Shaper/Elder in any way? Doesn't seem like they move around, just wondering if maybe it slows down some movement animation at all.

Wondering for the sake of Tombfists.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jul 17, 2018, 11:06:06 PM
First question
In what order Endurance charges are consumed?
If I have Daresso's Defiance with "You lose all Endurance Charges when Hit" and Immortall Call/CWDT what happens when I get hit?
Which is true?
* DD consumes charges first, so they are not used for IC
* IC eats charges to increase duration before DD drops them?

Second question
Scourge has "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you", so no other minion modifier like %increased life or chance to block applies?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
hi there

1.Does the helmet enchantment "increased Incinerate damage" and/or "per stage" apply to the damage effectiveness. Incinerate has 30% damage effectiveness, does that mean it gets increased by the enchantment, because if so that would help a lot.
2.What is ment by "Final wave" does that mean release at maximum stages or when i release no matter when (stage 2 and more)

thank you
Hey everyone,

Not exactly sure if this is the correct place to post this, but any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I recently corrupted a 20/20 barrage into a 21/20, and replaced my existing 20/20 to find that the dps value (in both the tooltip and path of building) does not change. Is there a particular reason for this in just how the numbers work?

Here are screenshots for reference

"
Kristalline wrote:
Hey everyone,

Not exactly sure if this is the correct place to post this, but any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I recently corrupted a 20/20 barrage into a 21/20, and replaced my existing 20/20 to find that the dps value (in both the tooltip and path of building) does not change. Is there a particular reason for this in just how the numbers work?

Path of Exile always rounds down to an integer. I don't have the tools to check on hand right now; but I would wager a guess that going from 47.6% of your base damage to 48% of your base damage simply isn't enough to give you even one more point of damage. (0.4% of your base would have to be 1, so your base damage would need to be at least ~250; again somewhat more or less due to rounding.)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 19, 2018, 6:27:58 PM
Just a question about Infernal Blow

it states that at 6 stacks it deals 6% of the targets corpse's max life as dmg + 66% damage per charge therefore the question is

A:
Does the charged target take the explosion damage i.e say i stack 6 stacks on shaper does shaper then upon reaching 6 stacks take 6% of his max life as fire damage
B:
Does the 66% inc damage apply to the explosion i.e at 6 stacks (explosion) the modifier will be 396% increased damage
C:
if B is true then without talking about any other modifiers does that 6% explosion damage then get buffed by 396% increased damage (% increase at 6 stacks) totaling to 23.76% of targets max life as damage upon reaching 6 stacks

Thanks
"
ExiledOdyssey wrote:
Just a question about Infernal Blow

it states that at 6 stacks it deals 6% of the targets corpse's max life as dmg + 66% damage per charge therefore the question is

A:
Does the charged target take the explosion damage i.e say i stack 6 stacks on shaper does shaper then upon reaching 6 stacks take 6% of his max life as fire damage
B:
Does the 66% inc damage apply to the explosion i.e at 6 stacks (explosion) the modifier will be 396% increased damage
C:
if B is true then without talking about any other modifiers does that 6% explosion damage then get buffed by 396% increased damage (% increase at 6 stacks) totaling to 23.76% of targets max life as damage upon reaching 6 stacks

Thanks

So Infernal Blow deals damage in three different ways.

First is the direct hit against the monster. This simply does 100-122.8% of your weapon's base damage as an Attack Hit, with 50% of physical damage converted to fire. This hit also applies a debuff to the enemies you hit - a charged debuff to the direct target of your attack, and an uncharged debuff to everything else you also hit (with Melee Splash and such).

Second is the charged debuff. This debuff deals damage when it reaches 6 charges, or it expires, or the monster dies. The debuff deals the same amount and type of damage as the initial hit, multiplied by 66% for each charge of the debuff that was on the enemy when it triggered. So if you get six stacks of the debuff on an enemy, the debuff will immediately deal 396% of the base hit damage to all nearby enemies. In addition to being an Attack Hit, this is also Area Damage. The monster that was carrying the charged debuff is also hit by this, if it is still alive.

The uncharged debuff by itself does not deal any damage.

Third is the corpse explosion. When a monster with either the charged or the uncharged debuff dies, it explodes and deals 6% of the corpse's maximum life as damage to all nearby enemies. This damage is not affected by the number of charges on the enemy when it died. It is pure Fire damage with no Physical component or conversion. It is also Secondary Area damage, and so in particular it will not benefit from Attack damage modifiers.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 19, 2018, 7:30:56 PM
Do Avoidance works without aby block chance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info