Mechanical Questions Thread

"
alpharat wrote:
Does Herald of Ice shatter negate the increased quantity and increased rarity gems if the herald is not socketed with the MF gems on my main attack?

That's correct. The shatters are dealing damage from the Herald of Ice skill, not your main attack. To remedy this you would want to Support Herald of Ice with the same MF gem(s).

"
Also I have noticed that alot of on hit and on kill effects arent triggered by my ancestral warchief totems nor myself. Example terminus est does not reward frenzy charges. Alot of labrynth glove enchants dont seem to trigger as well. How do these effects work with totems? Thank you for your response, have a nice day!

The way it works internally is that Totems are not your character, but use your skills as if they were you. This functionality ends up doing a lot of what you say, as (almost?) all on-Kill effects appear to be carried on the character level rather than the skill level.

Gaining buffs (even on hit ones rather than on kill ones) also tend not to work with Totems. For example Frenzy Charges only affect stats that affect Skills, so Totems can't gain Charges (and since the Totem is the one inflicting the Crits, not your character, there would be no game-code reason for your character to gain the Charge either.

However do note that due to an ancient bug, all kills dealt by Damage over Time will be assigned to your character, not to your Totem (or trap, mine, or minion).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Question about Cold Snap, Cast On Crit and Frenzy Charge interaction

Whenever I proc Cold Snap via CoC I had to wait 3 seconds until Cold Snap cooldown passes even if I have Frenzies on me. Is this intended? Or should it be possible to proc another Cold Snap after 0.5 sec CoC cooldown while consuming one Frenzy Charge in the process?
"
Razzk wrote:
Question about Cold Snap, Cast On Crit and Frenzy Charge interaction

Whenever I proc Cold Snap via CoC I had to wait 3 seconds until Cold Snap cooldown passes even if I have Frenzies on me. Is this intended? Or should it be possible to proc another Cold Snap after 0.5 sec CoC cooldown while consuming one Frenzy Charge in the process?

This was once considered a bug but recently is more viewed as simply the way the game works.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hello,
I was just curious if I could get a clarification on the item Riqwald's Quills. I can't seem to find the exact info anywhere. I know the game has the mechanic that goes in the order of Pierce/Fork/Chain/Return and if a skill does one then it cannot do the other, IE you can't link Chain & Fork in the same setup. Does Rigwald's Quill bypass this mechanic since it is a function of the item and not the skill gem? Can an item still pierce or chain and still fork while Rigwalds is equipped? After playing since Beta I feel pretty silly having to ask about this but I guess that's a testament to how indepth this game is!!!

Thanks Again
"
XxLabanxX wrote:
Hello,
I was just curious if I could get a clarification on the item Riqwald's Quills. I can't seem to find the exact info anywhere. I know the game has the mechanic that goes in the order of Pierce/Fork/Chain/Return and if a skill does one then it cannot do the other, IE you can't link Chain & Fork in the same setup. Does Rigwald's Quill bypass this mechanic since it is a function of the item and not the skill gem? Can an item still pierce or chain and still fork while Rigwalds is equipped? After playing since Beta I feel pretty silly having to ask about this but I guess that's a testament to how indepth this game is!!!

Thanks Again

You're misunderstanding the mechanic. A projectile can't Pierce, Chain, Fork, or Return at the same time. But the effects are evaluated in order. So one projectile can Pierce one enemy, hit another and Fork, hit a third and Chain to fourth, and finally Return to you (potentially hitting more enemies).

How you get the effect does not matter, all sources of Pierce/Chain/Fork/Return are equivalent.
How does Combusion support work?

"
Supported Skills have (30-49)% chance to Ignite

Is this chance flat, or used as a modifier? Wiki entry is incomplete and self-contradicting.

"
Enemies Ignited by Supported Skills have -(10-19)% to Fire Resistance

When having another skill that deals fire damage and not supported by Combustion, would it remove Combustion debuff? What happens first, debuff or damage? I guess damage, but this means that Fire Penetration is generally better for main skill, and if Combustion is overridden by main skill it is useless without Elemental Focus on the main setup.

Also, how it works with elemental focus? Is it canceling ignite from Combustion as well, or only normal chance to ignite?

Context: I want to use it with fire golem to make it work like "flammability on hit" for the main skill.

Also, how it would work with Tukohama's Vanguard? Will their totems benefit from Ignite chance and fire resistance debuff?
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Aug 10, 2018, 3:37:58 AM
Is Bodyswap considered stationary while swapping/moving?
Will the Pantheon 'while stationary' active?
Hello!
My Necro Witch got "Resurrect in town" yestaday.
I just entered boss arena in Zana's daily mission and got shoted immideatly by huge pack of Perandus with AOE, attacked my minions. No time to react or to do something to survive.
Please, I like to play Necro class HC, and this event looks great.
But I cant understand how to prevent situations like this one?
Any advice please.
Hi,
I was planning next league build with my mate and i was wondering if dominating blow would revive the ennemy two times if we use the same skill (can't seem to find the info on the wiki nor on the forum) ? Or if, as i think, would revive it under the control of the last to hit the mob ?
"
Draal8 wrote:
Hi,
I was planning next league build with my mate and i was wondering if dominating blow would revive the ennemy two times if we use the same skill (can't seem to find the info on the wiki nor on the forum) ? Or if, as i think, would revive it under the control of the last to hit the mob ?

Dominating Blow is getting reworked and will not revive enemies next league.

https://www.pathofexile.com/delve
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info