Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
The Frostbolt and Ice Nova have to be cast by the same entity to interact. You will not be able to target Frostbolts casted by your Totems with a self-cast Ice Nova.

(Worth noting is that the interaction will work even if you trigger either of the skills, as long as they actually originate from you and not a proxy.)

Thanks, Buzzkillington :)

Onto the next build!
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
When I will have a girlfriend?! xD
I was wondering how X% increased damage with hits and ailments against enemies works. Only attack hits or do spell hits count as well? Thanks
"
I was wondering how X% increased damage with hits and ailments against enemies works. Only attack hits or do spell hits count as well? Thanks

Modifiers always apply to everything that doesn't contradict them. If it doesn't specify neither "spell" nor "attack", it works for all hits with spells, attacks, or secondary damage.
If I'm at zombie limit, will summoning new ones kill old ones?

Curious if we can force the activation of beacon of corruption or the upcoming flesh binder on death proc.

Thanks
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
Hey there!

I got a Question regarding the Affix "#% increased effect of Shock" and the Shock effect from Vessek if Vinktar Flask.

According to the wording i could assume it increases the Damage taken by the enemy, but according to the wiki it reduces the threshold of the enemy getting shock by a hit.

Is that correct?

My Quesiton would be, in what way the Affix "#% increased effect of Shock" interacts with Vessel of Vinktar Flask?

Best Regards Toma

It seems the information on the wiki came from this dev manifesto.
Based on that, I think that increased shock effect (was at least intended) to increase the damage taken value from Vinktar's.
This change, however, was not reiterated in the 3.0.0 patch notes along with the other ailment changes.

TL;DR At one point it was intended that it would. In my opinion it should, but I have no evidence or easy way to test it.
"
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
Hey there!

I got a Question regarding the Affix "#% increased effect of Shock" and the Shock effect from Vessek if Vinktar Flask.

According to the wording i could assume it increases the Damage taken by the enemy, but according to the wiki it reduces the threshold of the enemy getting shock by a hit.

Is that correct?

My Quesiton would be, in what way the Affix "#% increased effect of Shock" interacts with Vessel of Vinktar Flask?

Best Regards Toma

It seems the information on the wiki came from this dev manifesto.
Based on that, I think that increased shock effect (was at least intended) to increase the damage taken value from Vinktar's.
This change, however, was not reiterated in the 3.0.0 patch notes along with the other ailment changes.

TL;DR At one point it was intended that it would. In my opinion it should, but I have no evidence or easy way to test it.

The wiki is poorly worded.

The base effect of Shock is [ (Lightning Damage dealt) / (Target maximum Life) * 5 ]% increased Damage Taken, capped at 50%. Modifiers that increase "effect of Shock" increase the value of the effect. (I don't know if this is before or after the cap is applied. I recall Mark elaborating on this some time ago, but I don't remember what the answer was.)

If the effect of your Shock would be below 1%, the Shock is not applied at all. But it is possible that the "unmodified" effect of your Shock is below 1%, however with increased effect modifiers it is above this threshold. In this way, increases to effect of Shock indirectly affect the minimum amount of damage you need to deal to apply shock.

But assuming you do Shock the enemy (whether by damage or other sources; such as Vinktar), increased effect of Shock modifiers certainly do further increase the amount of damage the target takes.

The example on the wiki does clarify that this is the case; however it is not relevant at all to the sentence preceding it (the hit would shock the target regardless of any effect modifiers).
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 28, 2018, 1:49:09 AM
Hi GGG, i would just first of all say thanks for the massive revamps you guys have been doing, they are really great!

But i have one question, before i decide my league starter.

On the ascendant - chieftain node, it has a chance to cover enemies in ash on hit.

Does it apply to your totems too? -it would seem the most logic, as it doesnt specify when YOU hit, and also has a totem leech node. But i am not 100% sure if it works on totems, so that was why i was asking :)

hope you can clarify it for me

Best regards, TheAmigoBoyz
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
If I use Null's Inclination and not killing enemies with it but with Siege Ballista or even Ranged Attack Totem Support will Trigger Socketed Minion Spells on Kill with this Weapon work for any of these totems?! Thank you! :)
TL:DR How is it supposed to work. When you uses a curse and So does your animate guardain?

Someone on the forums said

"Animate Guardians curse is tied to players curse amount. If player has Temporal Chains with Blasphemy in area when Animate Guardian hits enemy, the Elemental Weakness from AG gets immediately overriden with Temporal Chains. However if player has extra curse node, both curses will coexist. The wiki is kinda misleading in this information."

Wiki says

"The Guardian does not share your max amount of curses you can apply to enemies, and therefore functions as a player with the default curse limit when applying curses."

Does my character need to have "Whispers of Doom" to get a benifit from both curses? If Animate Guardian has elemental weakness on hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info