Mechanical Questions Thread

About Ice shot

When arrow is piercing and 2nd target is standing in the cone it is clear that it gets hit by both arrow and cone, but what about the first/initial target? Does it get damage only from arrow or both arrow and cone?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Toshis8 wrote:
About Ice shot

When arrow is piercing and 2nd target is standing in the cone it is clear that it gets hit by both arrow and cone, but what about the first/initial target? Does it get damage only from arrow or both arrow and cone?

Fires an arrow that converts some physical damage to cold on its target and converts all physical damage to cold in a cone behind that target. Creates a patch of ground ice under the target.
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
About Ice shot

Fires an arrow that converts some physical damage to cold on its target and converts all physical damage to cold in a cone behind that target. Creates a patch of ground ice under the target.

It doesn't answer clearly, cone starting point is at the first target, but does first target get damage from cone? If it doesn't, then it is pretty shitty skill for boss fights actually. Roughly 50% damage gets wasted when fighting single target.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Feb 26, 2018, 12:28:31 PM
"
Toshis8 wrote:

It doesn't answer clearly, cone starting point is at the first target, but does first target get damage from cone? If it doesn't, then it is pretty shitty skill for boss fights actually. Roughly 50% damage gets wasted when fighting single target.

No it doesnt. If it did it would be x2 damage, and that would be a bit too good. Not sure where you have 50% damage wasted
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:

No it doesnt. If it did it would be x2 damage, and that would be a bit too good. Not sure where you have 50% damage wasted

the cone, when you are fighting single target (boss for example) cone doesn't do any damage.

Also, question, if enemy stands in two overlapping cones, does it get twice more damage?

ah, nvm, found
"
Boem wrote:
Shotgunning was removed, area of effect overlap was not.

So anything that has area of effects where you can overlap multiple instances of it will do what your thinking about.

Blast rain is the most obvious answer, since the basic skill itself works of this functionality.

Peace,

-Boem-
Last edited by Toshis8 on Feb 26, 2018, 12:46:10 PM
How the F**K does Elemental Equilibrium work if your spell that hits inflicts multiple types of damage due to conversion? For example, I use Storm Burst with Call of the Brotherhood and Cold to Fire. Enemy gets hit with all 3 elements. Now what?
"
UglyStru wrote:
How the F**K does Elemental Equilibrium work if your spell that hits inflicts multiple types of damage due to conversion? For example, I use Storm Burst with Call of the Brotherhood and Cold to Fire. Enemy gets hit with all 3 elements. Now what?

Elemental Equilibrium applies once per hit.

Was the target hit with that element? Increase their Resistance to it.

Was the target not hit with an element? Decrease their Resistance to it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:

Was the target hit with that element? Increase their Resistance to it.

Was the target not hit with an element? Decrease their Resistance to it.

Best ELI5 ever. Thank you.
How do the percentages stack up on the Trickster's new Harness the Void ascendancy? I can think of four arguable ways:

Flat stacking (basically just one d100 roll):
If roll < 10 gain 200%
elseif roll < 25 gain 100%
elseif roll < 45 gain 50%
else no bonus

Really crappy stacking (can't imagine it works this way):
If roll < 10 gain 200%
elseif roll < 15 gain 100%
elseif roll < 20 gain 50%

Or, does it roll three times?
If roll 1 < 10 gain 200%
then if roll 2 < 15 gain 100%
then if roll 3 < 20 gain 50%

If it does roll three times, can these bonuses stack with themselves? Do I have an infinitesimal chance of getting 350% added chaos damage, if the Void so wills it? Or do the percentages work out to:

Roll three times and takes the best roll
10% for 200
13.5% for 100 (15%, but 10% of the time it gets overwritten by the 200%)
15.57% for 50 (20%, but it gets overwritten a little less than 25% of the time)

For those of you number crunching out there, I'll save you a couple minutes:
--If #4 is right, it's a little less than 10% weaker than you thought it was
--It's still very VERY strong.
--#1 and #3 have the same expected damage output; version 3 is just significantly less reliable.
--#2 is pretty bad by comparison
Hey there!

I got a Question regarding the Affix "#% increased effect of Shock" and the Shock effect from Vessek if Vinktar Flask.

According to the wording i could assume it increases the Damage taken by the enemy, but according to the wiki it reduces the threshold of the enemy getting shock by a hit.

Is that correct?

My Quesiton would be, in what way the Affix "#% increased effect of Shock" interacts with Vessel of Vinktar Flask?

Best Regards Toma

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info