Mechanical Questions Thread

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask

The Stygian Spire in an Abyssal Depths has a timer of 80 sec. During this time it will spawn enemies until you beat it in time. Those foes drops tons of rare items. On first glance it doesn't make sense to kill the spire as soon as possible but to wait until the last seconds to destroy it. Obviously that way there will be more loot. I know it seems totally simple.
But is there any benefit from killing the spire faster?
Hi guys, Milo here, i was playing with the searing totem and just found out the my dmg doesn't change if use the Swift Affliction Support . In the skill box (i have it on right click) my fire dmg goes up but the DPS doesnt change. When i try Efficacy Support my fire dmg and my DPS goes up like its suppose to do but why not at Swift Affliction Support ? am i doing something wrong ? thanks for your time and have a nice day :) Milo
Hi there,

I want to know if the mod „+1500 to armor if you have blocked recently“ of the unique shield The Surrender is Applied to the shields armor or general armor? And if the physical damage part of shield spectral throw does benefit from it?

Thx.
"
I3lack_D_Ice wrote:
I want to know if the mod „+1500 to armor if you have blocked recently“ of the unique shield The Surrender is Applied to the shields armor or general armor? And if the physical damage part of shield spectral throw does benefit from it?

Conditional modifiers are inherently global.
Hi Mark,

After seeing the new Chieftain Ascendancy changes in the Bestiary League Announcement Thread, I had two questions that I posed to Bex. Bex passed them along to Scott from Support. Scott directed me to ask my question here. Here I am. :)

Question 1:

Would you please clarify whether the new Hinekora, Death's Fury '10% chance to cover rare or unique enemies in ash for 10 seconds when you hit them' can trigger when totems hit?

I posted my question in the Bestiary League announcement thread, but it's all the way on page 50. I explained why I am curious about it in that thread too, but I'll copy it here to make it easier. The bit about being strapped for gem links is responding to another player saying having to pack another self-cast spell or attack would be an appropriate trade-off:

If you look at my profile, you will see that I play Chieftain with flame totems a lot. It's my favorite way to play and I've built it in a number of different ways. I play almost exclusively in hardcore leagues, so I tend to delete most of them after I die. If you could see all of those that died, you would see that I probably play Chieftain with flame totems 80%+ of the time I play. You will also notice that I am pretty strapped for gem links, regardless of which way I build it - I am even using two unset rings (one being Essence Worm). I do use a self-cast orb of storms to trigger Elemental Overload (for non-crit version) or power charges (crit version), but relying on orb of storms for triggering the 'cover in ash' debuff, with only a 10% chance on hit to trigger, seems like it will be a bit rough to keep up. Maybe it won't be. However, unlike Elemental Overload and power charges, the benefit of 'cover in ash' does not travel with you from pack to pack or from monster to monster, as it is applied as a debuff to a specific enemy, not as a buff to you that has a duration. If 'cover in ash' can be applied by totem hits, then this will be a fine addition. If 'covered in ash' cannot applied by totem hits, it can still be utilized in totem builds like mine, but I think a significantly increased proc rate should be implemented in order to compensate and make it easier to manage (to make it reliable). Multiple procs of 'covered in ash' do not stack and applying it additional times to the same target yields no added benefit, so there is no windfall advantage to have it reliably trigger.

Additionally, you will also notice that this (cover in ash) is the only portion of the entire Chieftain rebalance that affects my flame totem builds, aside from the gain of 10% increased strength. The strength bonus is a rather minor impact, as it will not be enough to make me want to use Iron Will as a link or Repentance gloves over Winds of Change. Therefore, I am quite interested in how the 'cover in ash' mechanic will work and whether it will actually have any real, reliable impact on my builds.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this. I hope you will be able to find an answer for me. For the reasons stated, I hope that 'cover in ash' is able to be triggered by totem hits or, if it isn't, that the proc chance is significantly increased from the current 10%. Here's hoping ;)

Question 2:

I am now confused about something else...

In the first Chieftain ascendancy tree image in Bestiary League Announcement Thread, the icons for Tukohama, War's Herald and Arohongui, Moon's Presence are reversed! That would be a really nice quality of life change to have the taunt and leech at the end of Merc Lab instead of not having both until after Uber Lab. However, in the second image (the larger image), the icons are switched back to their present locations, requiring Uber Lab before obtaining both taunt and leech.

Both images are from you guys... Which one accurately reflects the planned patch 3.2 layout?

Again, thank you for your time in reading through this. :)
Last edited by _Amaranth_ on Feb 23, 2018, 12:46:22 PM
"
then why it have this mod:
Mod Gain 60% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

Because the Solar Guard specter gains 60 percent of physical damage as extra fire damage. Since they do zero physical damage, that means they gain 0 * 0.6 = 0 extra fire damage. If you were to obtain, for example, an abyss jewel that granted flat physical damage to their spells, you would now have more than zero physical damage, and would gain 60 percent as extra fire damage.

The mechanic does not need to do anything to apply to your specter (or to you), it just needs to be present.
Does Inevitable Judgement from Inquisitor make Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Debuff Curses useless or do they "stack" ?
"
Does Inevitable Judgement from Inquisitor make Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Debuff Curses useless or do they "stack" ?

When you ignore the concept of Resistances, modifying said Resistances becomes a moot point :P
Well , I should´ve read the Inevitable Judgement description on the POE Wiki. That would´ve answered it for me.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Feb 24, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
i'm using rigwald's curse with a pair of facebreakers and the added phys to claws in abyss eye jewel doesnt count as a modifier to claw damage. is there something in the wording im missing?
Memba old vaal pact
Last edited by tanksmontaje on Feb 25, 2018, 5:31:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info