Mechanical Questions Thread

How will elementalist's "chills from your hits will always slow by at least 10%" from beacon of ruin work?

Normal chill can normally be applied by any cold damage, as long as the chill effect is 1% or above.
Normally, this means having to deal 0.33% of an enemy's hp.

Does beacon of ruin mean this minimum threshold is ignored? Even if i deal 1 cold damage to a 10,000,000hp enemy, will it still chill at 10%?
Question to the Developers on the Bleeding Explosions Corpse Removal Mechanic-

Both Gratuitous violence and haemophilia word this

"
Bleeding Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing X% of their Maximum Life as Physical Damage

Now i have done this as RT and Crit with 94% accuracy on a 100% chance to bleed pure physical DW cleave melee character.

"
Duration
The base duration of bleed is 5 seconds.[4]

for a poorjoys enemy as example which has around 15k health If my base hit is 2k per swing
for each press of the skill cleave at the rate of 3 hits every 0.2 seconds the enemy gets hit

with bleed refreshing for 5 seconds for each hit
and from the second hit onwards adding a bleeding damage on the target which deals more physical damage.

to kill the enemy disregarding damage increases id need about 2 and half uses of the skill to equate to 15k health taken away each hit.

Now every thing I hit in a mob gets hit with bleed and refreshes for each hit. Meaning every thing is bleeding in my aoe -

But why do the enemies that die to explosions that are still bleeding and within my aoe not explode themselves?
Some enemies with lower life die sooner exploding killing the ones near them. Thus the corpses remain

what kind of logic is that which does the opposite of what the description states?
I am the one making everything bleed in my aoe I am the one killing them - whether they die to explosion or direct hit- they should just explode and die leaving no corpses
For the simple fact that they are bleeding by my hits in my aoe.

I can understand if the enemies outside my aoe don't die with their corpses removed because they are not bleeding and hence - the effect of bleeding enemies you kill explode on death will not apply.

Why this is important? because in poorjoys The experimenters can detonate dead with a broken damge multplier rares, and magic monsters that bypasses all reductions , immunities to 1 shot melee characters . They can instant explode something that instantly died to an explosion while in your aoe
thus 1 shotting you.

Either the experimenters should not be able to instant Detonate dead anything beyond a normal mob -

or all bleeding enemies that die should have their corpses removed

Ideally both should happen for anything that plays in the melee range must get atleast a few milli seconds time to spam a movement skill away from the corpse that is about to be exploded.
Domine Non Es Dignus
I do not know, was this questions asked, can't find via searching.

1) Why there is not mechanic for mana to inflict damage? like RF? or for mana to increase damage every 50 unresearved/total mana, for example?

2) Why we can craft 7 link in a helmet for traps and mines, but not gloves/boots for totems/minions?
I mean shaper helmet modes "Trap and mine damage", "Hypothermia", "3% critical strike chance" and 4link
Or may be its too much for traps?

3)Why we have 3% base critical strike chance mode but only 70% flat multiplier? Shouldn't it be Multiplicative too? 30% more multiplier?
How does game calculate cleave bleed damage while dual wielding? (assuming i have 100% chance to bleed and crimson dance keystone)
1) hits are combined and result in 1 big bleed
2) hits are combined but they result in 2 bleeds
3) bleed damage alternates between two weapons with each hit
"
Uoykai wrote:
I do not know, was this questions asked, can't find via searching.

1) Why there is not mechanic for mana to inflict damage? like RF? or for mana to increase damage every 50 unresearved/total mana, for example?

2) Why we can craft 7 link in a helmet for traps and mines, but not gloves/boots for totems/minions?
I mean shaper helmet modes "Trap and mine damage", "Hypothermia", "3% critical strike chance" and 4link
Or may be its too much for traps?

3)Why we have 3% base critical strike chance mode but only 70% flat multiplier? Shouldn't it be Multiplicative too? 30% more multiplier?

None of these are mechanical questions, and they do not belong here. Try asking in the Feedback and Suggestions forum.

"
Landerasan wrote:
How does game calculate cleave bleed damage while dual wielding? (assuming i have 100% chance to bleed and crimson dance keystone)

One hit can always inflict only one instance of an ailment. Thus option 2 never happens. Options 1 and 3 depend on the skill used: Cleave is an example of 1, Lacerate is an example of 3. Some skills have a third option: only the main hand is used; for example Sunder.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 1, 2018, 1:12:23 PM
"
Landerasan wrote:

Bleed is a debuff that applies for 5 seconds on hit - it refreshes on each hit it does not stack unless crimson dance .
It can be from any-weapon .

2 ) doesnt happen like the person above me said.

3) bleeding damage is based on the weapon that caused the hit . So yes i would assume if you have disproportionate weapons like one which does 100 and other which does 200 damage , it would alternate between them for which ever lands the hit. - for cleave yes it would since both weapons are used .

Domine Non Es Dignus
is it possible to prepatch the bestiary league for ppl which need more time because of slow internet? i think for 10gb ill need like 5 hours... this will be pain when all ppl are on akt 4 and im just startin... im not playin over steam btw.
"
Sheik101 wrote:
If I'm at zombie limit, will summoning new ones kill old ones?

Curious if we can force the activation of beacon of corruption or the upcoming flesh binder on death proc.

Thanks

Yep! The oldest remaining zombie will be killed, and the chaos degen field will appear as normal. It's easier to see if you stand in a room spamming Summon Skeleton with Beacon of Corruption, but you won't be able to do that starting tomorrow (since it's now zombies-only).

Note that Minion Instability will *not* proc, as the zombie was never reduced below 35% health.
Last edited by KingOfAllTrades on Mar 1, 2018, 6:20:05 PM
The Ascendant - Champion node says

"Enemies you Taunt take 10% increased Damage"

Does that also work with Decoy Totem?

Example: I taunt the enemy with my Decoy Totem, does another player of my party do more damage to the enemy now?

Thanks for the help!
"
CptQaoz wrote:
The Ascendant - Champion node says

"Enemies you Taunt take 10% increased Damage"

Does that also work with Decoy Totem?

Example: I taunt the enemy with my Decoy Totem, does another player of my party do more damage to the enemy now?

Answered positively by Mark_GGG:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Re Champion: If your totems inflict taunt, does that count as "taunted by you"

"Xed by you" when referring to debuffs or other ongoing effects applied to enemies is shorthand for "while affected by X applied by your skills, enemies have...". It's a modifier which affects your skills, and totems are using your skills.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 1, 2018, 9:49:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info