Mechanical Questions Thread

If it did apply, your Stuns with TC would last somewhere around 7 seconds though:
4.2 * (100/60) = 7
I don't know where the discrepancy comes from. It's not from TC's second effect.

Was the enemy Slowed for the full duration of the Stun? Chill only lasts two seconds.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 15, 2018, 9:18:51 PM
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Will multipliers apply before or after applicable limits?
If I have, f.Ex., high block, and I pick Acrobatics, will it lessen the block after I hit the block limit, or before, aka, could I sort of "overcap" block rate to keep more than 51% with Acrobatics?
Before. If modifiers could modify the value after the cap was applied, they could raise the value above the cap, which would be silly. The cap can only work by being the last step in working out the value of the stat.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
How about Spell-Block when generated from regular Block rate, like with Reckless Defense or Gladiator, in interaction with the above?
Applying the cap is the last step in working out the value of the stat, but it is part of that process, not separate to it. Your Block Chance is a capped value, so anything that gets the value of your block chance will get the value after it's fully calculated, including applying the cap. Thus "overcapping" block chance will not cause you to get more spell block chance from it, because the value of your block chance doesn't change.

"
heiderhof wrote:
does hatred aura and added fire support gem double dip on stats like trap damage, minion damage, projectile damage, meaning that those stats increase both the physical portion of the hit and the % added cold / fire?
They will apply to the extra damage, but this does not cause double-dipping. The modifier only applies once to each part of the damage.

Also, that damage is not added damage (this matters for things like "Effectiveness of Added Damage" on gems).

"
Katasi wrote:
Last league, I was playing a sunblast trapper (100% reduced trap duration), and I wasn't sure if I needed clever construction, so I specced out of it and threw some traps on burning ground. They still exploded, so I assumed that I didn't need clever construction, and left myself specced out of it. I never had any other problems on that character, but I didn't play him for very much longer.

This league, I'm playing another sunblast trapper, and I can VERY clearly see my traps dying to almost any ground effect. Was a change made? Was my testing last league done incorrectly?
In 3.0.0, traps were changed to be invulnerable to all damage while arming and while using their skill. This means if they have no duration, they have no point at which they are vulnerable, and they will be unable to die.

Prior to 3.0.0, this depended on how much fire damage per second the burning ground is dealing. If it dealt enough to total 1 damage in the time it takes the trap to arm and start using the skill - which is a small but nonzero amount of time - it would die, and otherwise it would not (or at least not until after the skill has "gone off"). It's possible the burning ground you tested on was weaker than that you faced in practice.

"
Sonto wrote:
If a kill with an AOE skill linked to poison procs Profane Bloom's or Oblieration's chaos explosion, can the chaos explosion proc poison also?
The explosion is not from the skill, so cannot benefit from the skill's poison chance. The damage from the explosion will only be able to apply poison if you have poison chance in your stats (e.g. from gear or passives), not in the specific skill that got the kill.

"
VillainGuy wrote:
I was wondering, since Commander of Darkness is worded as
"Auras you Cast grant 10% increased Damage to you and Allies
Auras you Cast grant 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies
You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to all Elemental Resistances", shouldn't the bonus affect a spell totem twice if the aura is defensive?

I thought that theoretically a totem would receive double the bonus, because they are considered allies. For example if I have Discipline on (defense aura), I would receive 5% increased cast speed which would be applied to my totem, and then since my aura also affects my totem it would receive 5% cast speed for a total of 10% increased cast speed.
However, at least based upon the tooltip, this doesn't appear to be the case. When I cast an aura, I receive the buffs, but when I place the totem the tooltip doesn't change even though I'd assumed it would.

Is this intended, or should I be able to "double-dip" with the aura bonuses of Commander of Darkness?
This is correct. The whole reason that "offensive" auras don't apply to Totems in the first place is because they wouldn't benefit from having those stats. The totem is not using it's own skills, it's using your skills, which inherently use your stats - not the totem's stats. Granting increased Damage or Attack Speed to a Totem means it's skills will have those bonuses. But it doesn't have any such skills, and is using your skills, which aren't in any way affected by bonuses on the totems.

"
Speedkin wrote:
Two questions about the Sanctify node in the Inquisitor tree and its interactions with spell totem.

1) Does the 25% chance to create consecrated ground on kill proc on spell totem kills or just player kills?
You need to get the kill to create the ground.

"
Speedkin wrote:
2) Since totems count as allies, If both you and your spell totem were on consecrated ground, would it effectively be an 80% increased damage bonus or just 40 %.
As noted above, only the bonus on you applies to your skills, regardless of whether you or the totems use them. The totem being in the consecrated ground is of no benefit to it.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If it did apply, your Stuns with TC would last somewhere around 7 seconds though:
4.2 * (100/60) = 7
I don't know where the discrepancy comes from. It's not from TC's second effect.

Was the enemy Slowed for the full duration of the Stun? Chill only lasts two seconds.

Yes, I did not take into account that chill only lasts 2 seconds. I did some calculation and my data now fits the assumption that slow effects prolong stuns.

Many thanks for your responses.
Hi i hope this isn't obvious to all nor answered before, during my google searches i didn't find it at least :)

The question is about Starkonja, Iron Reflexes, and a single large physical hit that takes you from Non Low Life to below Low Life.

I'm wondering whether the part of the damage that does not lower you to Low Life will be calculated with one physical damage reduction, and the part of the damage that get you under Low Life will get calculated with another increased physical damage reduction.

Kind regards
1. You take the Damage when not on Low Life.
2. Starkonja's does not mention the word 'Taken' at any point.
Well my question goes more to whether one damage instance will be split up when it takes you beyond the Low Life threshold.
Or am i misunderstanding your answer?
What I'm saying is, it's not split up (you only take Damage once, and you're above Low Life at that time), and that Starkonja's doesn't do what you think it does.
150% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
+ Iron Reflexes
as i explained? But if your info is correct then thanks

i use xboxonex , i play the game path of exile for a month
i cant use the trade market
how can i do it ?
sorry for my english, question from greece
Heya, just wondering; what is the maximum movement speed allowed for SRS? is there a hard/soft cap to them? or it entirely possible to hit near 330% ms with the new abyssal jewels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info