Mechanical Questions Thread

Pendulum of Destruction and Temporal Chains.

* Is Pendulum actually a Buff? Wiki claims it is, but it does not show any Buff icon in game. Is the effect affected by "increased Effect of Buffs on you", e.g. from Ichimonji?

* How does Pendulum interact with Temporal Chains? In "Every 10 seconds, gain X for 4 seconds", is either or both of the time intervals changed (as measured in wall clock time) while the character is affected by the curse?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jan 13, 2018, 9:40:25 PM
It doesn't show up with a Buff icon -> it's not a Buff.
It doesn't show a timer -> TC doesn't affect it in any way.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It doesn't show up with a Buff icon -> it's not a Buff.
It doesn't show a timer -> TC doesn't affect it in any way.

Thanks, that's what I thought. The wiki confused me.

What's the proper way to get it fixed on the wiki? It even specifically links to the Buff page. Should I PM someone or something?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jan 14, 2018, 12:23:33 AM
Uh. I know lowercaseviper and Adghar both edit the wiki on occasion? They'd probably know.
Hey, does the Essence of Horror buff 'Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage' has an effect on minions skills, as those skills don't deal the damage themselves? Can it buff the summoned minions' skills?
Elder shield with "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast When Damage Taken" + Necromantic Aegis.

When your minion is hit, spells in the shield and spells linked to the minion do not cast. Is this the intended functionality?

My understanding is "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast When Damage Taken" is a bonus from the equipped shield.
"
pabrt wrote:
Elder shield with "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast When Damage Taken" + Necromantic Aegis.

When your minion is hit, spells in the shield and spells linked to the minion do not cast. Is this the intended functionality?

My understanding is "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast When Damage Taken" is a bonus from the equipped shield.

Necromantic Aegis' 'all bonuses from an Equipped Shield' means all direct stats, the cwdt support (and also the socketed gems themselfes) are not granted to your minions and is as far as I know intended behavior. This discussion is similiar to the 'The Surrender - lvl30 Reckoning is not granted to minions' discussion.
"
pabrt wrote:

The bonuses are transferred, but the gems inside the shield are not.

The minion skill is linked to CwDT (it is questionable whether this actually ever triggers, there is currently no way to test this in-game); but the minion does not have the linked skill gem, thus it has nothing to actually cast when it takes damage.

tl;dr: working as intended.
This is probably a "no", but I thought I'd double check:

Does linking Decay to Essence Drain increase the amount of life regen?
"
suszterpatt wrote:
This is probably a "no", but I thought I'd double check:

Does linking Decay to Essence Drain increase the amount of life regen?

Nope. :)

Essence Drain will heal you for some of the damage dealt by its debuff. Decay Support applies a separate debuff. (Poison inflicted by Essence Drain will not heal you for the same reason.)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info