Mechanical Questions Thread

Does Dyadus's "Chill enemies for 1 sec on HIT with off hand" effect work with Ancestral bond?
I am making a build and dual wielding these would be awesome for the 200% increased burn.
I have two version of the build (cheiftain and Hiero) in mind but the chief version is reliant on ancestral bond for the extra totem.
Looking information up has proven spotty at best with some claiming it is bugged and others saying it works.
I would assume it would work consedering the only requirement is a "hit while in the offhand".
There is no mention of damage, only a "hit" which would make it like the interaction between Ancestral Bond and Elemental Overload which does work because Elemental Overload only requires a "critical strike" regardless of wether damage is done or not.
Also relating to the build i'm making, does Searing Bond "shotgun"? As in it's damage is done by each "beam" rather than only one applying the DoT damage regardless of the visually "crossed" streams.
I am a relatively new player and all help is appriciated.
Does VP's double leech rate affect my ES leech when I use Soul Tether? While VP was changed to be life leech only, Soul Tether allows that leech to affect ES, so it should still work right?

Does Soul of Arakaali also affect my ES leech/recovery? I don't use blood rage, so as long as I'm not taking damage over time, I should also have an increased leech rate on top of the VP?
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Player089 wrote:
Interesting, thanks a lot for the explanation.
So I would assume that as Slayer, with overleech and something between 58 and 80ish% life leech per second it should actually work.

Keep in mind the maximum leech rate cap, which is 20% of your maximum life per second by default (but can be increased e.g. by the Vitality Void or Vaal Pact passives).

If there is 0.1 seconds between the skill use and the hit, you can leech up to 2% of your max life in that time. Assuming 5000 max life, that is 100 life leeched. With a 6L setup it is quite possible for a skill to cost more than that.

Obviously with increasing your max leech rate and using skills with a longer delay it should be possible to make it work. (I've personally never tried it in practice though.)

Yeah, i considered that - no worries. The 80% were actually the life leech per second, which is what you usually have most of the time as a slayer.
I was wondering if this part of the wiki was still accurate with the current version of the game.

Drop Penalty
There is a penalty to the chance of currency items and Divination cards dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency and Divination card item drop is reduced by 2.5%

Currency and Divination card drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your character level is never considered to be higher than 68. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

Mostly I'm curious about the last part, about the character level versus the area level. The last patch notes that mention this are back in Beta I think. As always, thanks for the time!
"
vaiur wrote:
Does projectile weakness buff the bleeds/poisons caused by the assassin ascendancy nodes?
No.

"
D623932883 wrote:
Are bows considered "Two Handed Weapons"? For example do the Slayer's bonuses to "Two Handed Weapons" apply to them? I'm assuming yes, but I ask because Heavy Strike states it works with "Two Handed Weapons" but doesn't work with bows.
Yes, bows are two-handed weapons. They are not two-handed melee weapons, which is a more common thing to see referenced in the passive tree, but as you point out, the Slayer's bonuses are more generic, and thus will apply to bows.

"
D623932883 wrote:
I've noticed that it is not possible to regenerate to full life when Blood Rage is active, and therefore not possible to gain full-life bonuses or use Melee Damage on Full Life with it.
While you will not actually be consistantly on absolutely full life because you will degen a bit every frame before regening it, it is possible to benefit from those bonuses. The "full life" condition was changed a while ago so that if the amount of life you're recoverying per second is higher than the amount you're losing per second, such that you are hitting full and falling back again each frame, you count as on full life the whole time.

If you regen ES so that your life is never touched, then yes, that also keeps your life full (unless you take some chaos damage).

"
Xamhung wrote:
I'm using the Ascendant Hierophant node and the 20% chance to gain power charge on totemcast seems a bit off? I spam summon totem constantly and rarely get a charge - it seems to be like 1/10 rather than 1/5. I'm just curious if it's working correctly or not, because if it is.. I've made a huge mistake ;D
That chance has been changed to 50% since your post, but at both values, it does what it says. It is in the nature of random events that they appear streaky (or rather, it's in the nature of humans that we percieve streakiness and patterns in random events).

Note that if you have a trap or mine summon the totem for you, the trap would get the charge, not you, which would fail because the trap cannot have charges.

"
NightMareeee wrote:
Hi, i made my RF vortex (not blade vortex! That new vortex) build. I choose pyre ring to convert all cold dmg from vortex to fire. After putting that ring, i still does not see any changes in tooltip (in damage over time, that normal dmg is converting normaly). Is that a bug ? And second think, if it will convert that dot cold dmg into fire, will burning dmg affect that dot ?
Damage over time cannot be converted.
"
lichdeath wrote:

im not sure which ones do and which ones dont but thats a terrrible plan
your animate guardian will die after 5 sec or so just because of the degen after he kills someone and you will lose your deaths oath and every item it equipped (because the death of an animate guardian destroys all items equipped on death

if you have like 1 hp and vaal immortal call active and you get hit by a boss does that still trigger cwdt?

animate guardian has enough life , life regen and chaos resistance from passives/ items to survive degen
Last edited by iomnaec20001 on Jan 12, 2018, 4:02:14 AM
Does conqueror work with minions?
"
pabrt wrote:
Does conqueror work with minions?

Your modifiers do not apply to passives unless explicitly stated otherwise. You have Taunt on Hit, your Minions do not.
Posting again cause no reply in long time. Juggernauts ascendancy Unstoppable stopped the vaal rain of arrows slowing effect before, why is it no longer stopping it? Last i recall, Vaal rain of arrows is now 100% less movespd modifier, and Unstoppable prevents any movespd modifier from reducing movespd below base speed. Can anyone please help me clarify this? Is this a bug or new intended feature of Vaal rain of arrows?
"Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage" works with new shaped shield modifiers "Chance to chill Attacker on block" or Yugul's "Chance to Reflect Enemy Chills"?
Death's Oath - https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/25961
Herald of Agony - https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44298
Earthquake Gladiator -https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2572677

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info