Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello, today when I was starting to make an Etheral Knives build on the Xbox 1 I noticed that the "XX% increased Physical Damage" on the Silverbranch does not modify the physical damage done by Etheral Knives in the Skill panel. I put on a Rustic Sash which also has "XX% increased Physical Damage" and saw that the physical damage increased on Ethereal Knives increased in the Skill panel. Could you please inform me if this is in error so I can plan correctly for my build.
"
Savarin2246 wrote:
Hello, today when I was starting to make an Etheral Knives build on the Xbox 1 I noticed that the "XX% increased Physical Damage" on the Silverbranch does not modify the physical damage done by Etheral Knives in the Skill panel. I put on a Rustic Sash which also has "XX% increased Physical Damage" and saw that the physical damage increased on Ethereal Knives increased in the Skill panel. Could you please inform me if this is in error so I can plan correctly for my build.

Increased Physical Damage on a weapon is local, therefore it only modifies damage dealt by that weapon. Spells do not use your weapons, so the modifier has no effect.

A belt does no damage by itself, therefore the Increased Physical Damage mod on the belt is global. It modifies any physical damage you deal, including with spells.
Question regarding doedre's skin: does the "ignores curse limit" mean that all those curses from the effigy apply on top of any other curses you have? Or do they get replaced if you have more than you could normally have, but tose from the effigy just don't override each other?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Do additional Sacrifice fragment always create a side Vaal area in map?
Because few time there was no such zone :/
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nishrek wrote:
Do additional Sacrifice fragment always create a side Vaal area in map?
Because few time there was no such zone :/

A sacrifice fragment by itself in a map device will open a portal to a Vaal area.

A sacrifice fragment together with a Map in the map device will increase the item quantity modifier of the map by 5%. This can be stacked to a maximum of 15% (with a map and three fragments). Similarly, Mortal fragments increase the IIQ by 10% each.

There is currently no way to get a Vaal side area inside of a map.
Hello, I have matured to such a proposal, the question of who is farming maps, orbs, clothes and that's the main who is farming the chaos sets, kings etc, I would like to be able to sell the map and not run to the shelter and to sell to vendor, I think this will greatly simplify and help the exiles to grow and gain wealth. It is necessary, because portals only 6, and sets drops a decent amount, so I would like to be able to sell them on the map, I don't know how but it would be very cool. Thank you.
Hello, can Kitava's Thirst cast a socketed Raise Spectre or another minion spell?

It seems to be a no but maybe there are some specific conditions for it to work.
Can you clarify something, and then venture an opinion based on the clarification.

An earlier reply you posted said that Decay cannot support anything that doesn't deal damage over time, but I have linked it to minions and it seems to apply decay when the minions hit. Am I wrong here..? The icon for "Decay Support" shows up on the skill hotkey icon.

Whatever your answer, which is a better support choice in terms of total damage, Decay, or Added Chaos Damage..? Both for a minion, and for a spell.

Thanks for your feedback
Hi,

I've been toying around with power (and others) charges and have a few questions about the order of the triggers of my many spells, passives and items that can affect my number of power charges.

So... Let's make a list of what I have.

1) My character is a hierophant with the notable skill Conviction of power.
2) I'm using the uniques Romira's Banquet and Tulfall (in order to generate power and frenzy charges, 'cause playing a frenzied pantless old man seemed fun). I have a 5% chance of getting a crit, so Romira's Banquet rarely removes my PCs before Tulfall does.
3) I'm using Kitava's Thirst to trigger Cold Snap, and it can effectively ignore the cooldown by spending a power charge.
4) I cast Frostbolts with a mana cost > 100 in order to trigger Kitava's thirst.

It works : I generate a lot of power charges and therefore frenzy and endurance charges too, and cold snaps trigger around me. I even think it works a bit too well for a 30% chance that could fail if I happen to have no power charge and Cold Snap on cooldown (but that may be confirmation bias).

Well, now the questions :

a) What exactly happens with Tulfall ? I know it removes my power charges when they reach the maximum (3, in my case), but I keep seeing an ephemeral 3 on the power charge counter at the top of the screen. So, is there a brief interval of time during which I actually have 3 PCs, and, if so, could this amount change before it is set to 0 by Tulfall ?

a') Same question with Romira's banquet : is there a small moment before it removes the charges ?

b) What happens if I have 2 PCs and then kill a monster with a non-crit spell, assuming Conviction of power triggers ? Would I get 1 PC, get my PCs removed by Tulfall, and then gain another one ? Or would I get simultaneously 2 PC (one of which wouldn't be gained at all because of the max limit), then get my PCs removed by Tulfall ?

b') Same question with Cold Snap specifically : if I have 2 PCs and then shatter a monster with a non-crit Cold Snap, I could get a PC from Tulfall and another one from Romira's. I would then gain a frenzy charge, but how many PCs would I be left with ?

b'') b+b' : everything triggers at the same time ^^

tl;dr : what is the trigger order for Tulfall's PC removal and various PC gains ?

Sorry for the huge wall of text... I stumbled into this while trying to estimate the probability of cold snap failing for lack of power charges to consume.

Oh, and I should post this in the bug reports section, but I sometimes have a power charge counter set to 0 :
Last edited by Hyrtacus on Jan 20, 2018, 3:18:36 PM
For some reason I cannot craft tora's %physical mod (prefix) onto this weapon, even though the %133 physical is from the hybrid mod with the level 20 iron grip.

Is there a particular reason for this, or is this just a bug that will be patched?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info