Mechanical Questions Thread

I have some how managed to spawn elder guardians in some tier 8 to 11 maps, but iam to scared doing them so high lvl on hc, can i some how make the guardians despawn on the maps so i can get them on lower tier maps? :D
Hello GGG, I'm a miner in abyss league and i have some question about how Impresence works.
I know that the maddening presence only be triggered when you kill enemy by yourself.
So it doesn't support mines.
But I notice that when you kill enemy by igniting of mine's fire damege (testing by southbound glove), maddening presence will be triggered.
Maybe just I don't know the game's working rules or it's really a bug.
Appreciate.
"
kevin84873315 wrote:
Hello GGG, I'm a miner in abyss league and i have some question about how Impresence works.
I know that the maddening presence only be triggered when you kill enemy by yourself.
So it doesn't support mines.
But I notice that when you kill enemy by igniting of mine's fire damege (testing by southbound glove), maddening presence will be triggered.
Maybe just I don't know the game's working rules or it's really a bug.
Appreciate.

Any kills by damage over time are always attributed to the player, even if the DoT was inflicted by a trap/mine/totem/minion. This is not so much a bug, as an age-old workaround for another bug, where these kills were being attributed to nobody, and would not benefit from your IIQ/IIR bonuses.

So for now it is working as intended; but it might be changed at some point in the future if the devs come up with an actual fix instead of this workaround.
Hello there!

Question to Shock without Lighning Damage Mechanic

If i have a chance to shock of 25% (from Elementalist [5%] + Innervate Support [20%])

while my melee attacks only do phys and fire damage.

How does it work?

Given that i will shock with an attack above attack that deals no lightning damage, how much increased damage (from the shock ailment) do those shocked enemies take? Since the increse in damage taken from shock is based on lightning dmg dealt in relation to monsterMaxhealth... as i deal no lightning damage at all... how does it work?

If InSupp is linked to Cleave will it be the totalCleaveDmg in relation to MonsterMaxHealth that determins the increasedDmg_taken% from the shock effect?

https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/connections
"
JustATShirt wrote:
Given that i will shock with an attack above attack that deals no lightning damage, how much increased damage (from the shock ailment) do those shocked enemies take?

Precisely 0%, which means you will not apply Shock at all.
"
Ytzen wrote:
I have some how managed to spawn elder guardians in some tier 8 to 11 maps, but iam to scared doing them so high lvl on hc, can i some how make the guardians despawn on the maps so i can get them on lower tier maps? :D

nope best have a better friend kill them and the elder for you?
does anyone know for sure if iiq and iir applies to mirage archer kills, heard conflicting information on this
Hatred: You and nearby allies gain (26-36)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage.

Summon Skeleton: Minions gain 50% more Added Damage.

My friend has questions about the skill description.
When Hatred acts on Summon Skeleton, can you get this BUFF? (50% more Added Damage.)

With Hatred working at Summon Skeleton (36% Extra Cold Damage.), Minions gain 50% more Added Damage. Can an extra 18% Extra Cold Damage be added?

Spirit Offering also?

I need an answer, dear, thank you.
I'm coming back to PoE after a long absence, and I've been experimenting with Split Arrow, Lightning Arrow, and Chain/Pierce. Despite reading up on the 2.0 shotgunning changes, I was surprised by my findings, and would like to confirm whether I understand correctly:

It seems like any target hit by the initial projectiles cannot be chosen as a chain target. Neither can any target previously chained to. So if you shoot say 4 arrows at 5 enemies, with each arrow hitting one enemy, you'll get a single chained arrow to the 5th enemy. Each enemy is always hit at most once. You do *not* get 4 arrows, each of which chains twice, for 12 hits total.

I had also thought chained projectiles could bounce back and forth as long as they never hit the same target twice in a row, but I'm not seeing that behavior with any base bow skill. If I shoot e.g. Ice Shot/Chain at 2 enemies close together, each is hit exactly once, and the final chain is lost.

Lightning Arrow's pseudo-AoE extra target selection seems to work the same way; a multiple projectile or chained LA will hit more enemies if available, but never the same enemy twice. So for instance, in a multiple-projectile situation, anything you hit with the initial arrows will not be struck by the lightning from any other nearby hit. In a chain situation, you'll get no chaining at all if you shoot at a group of 4 enemies, such that they're all hit by the lightning from the initial arrow.

Piercing seems to work differently; a LA shot that pierces and hits a second enemy *can* hit twice on the same nearby enemy.

My guess at a model of this:
As part of the 'no shotgunning' implementation, there is a register of already-hit targets for each use of the skill, which cannot be hit again. Multiple projectiles, chained projectiles, and LA's extra targets all fill up that register without resetting it, so you can hit more enemies but never the same enemy twice. Projectiles that pierce get a new initially-empty register, either for that sub-projectile or for the whole skill-use.

Can anyone confirm/deny? Is this common knowledge? I haven't seen it clearly explained anywhere.
Was just having trouble experimenting with cooldown recovery speed.

For example, if I have 34% increased cooldown recovery speed with poet's pen which has 250ms internal cd, does the calculation go like :

250 * (1-0.34) = 165 ms

Or

250 / (1+0.34) = 185 ms

If I follow the actual wording of cooldown recovery speed(CRS), the second one should be the one used for calculating the cd, however I just wanted to double check with tech support to make sute this is the case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info